Age of Mythology 2.8 Patch Preview
New patch in beta!
- Patch 2.8!
- Posted by Yeebaagooon on May 26th, 2020 @ 5:50 p.m.
It seems we have a new patch on the block and this is an exciting one!
For starters, there are some long awaited crash and balanced changes. As if that wasn't good enough there are some very interesting new features such as raising water, changing terrain in editor and forcing player gods.
There have been added script functions for designers along with these changes, and I was expecting them to be abused by nottud - but the madman has already gone and released a trigger pack for it! His thread can be found here.
Official link to the full changelog is here.
I'd be really interested to see some screenshots of what you can now do! It is strongly encouraging to see the developers start to add features for scenario designers. Please post away.
- Scenario Design Competition 2020
- Posted by Yeebaagooon on April 13th, 2020 @ 10:38 a.m.
Yes! You did read that correctly, we are indeed graced with a new scenario design contest for 2020 - featuring cash prizes.
Financed by our glorious leader - seeing as you are likely stuck indoors at the moment this is the perfect opportunity for you to sharpen up your scenario design skills, compete with the titans of the design world and earn your place upon the immortal wall of fame.
The brief for this contest is to develop a 100x100 mini adventure map! You have three months to submit your entry - and the full rules and instructions can be found here.
So why not take a start reading the wealth of guides in our design library and let the ideas flow. You'll have plenty of time stuck inside to enter this contest - please give it a go!
- Name change day 2020
- Posted by Yeebaagooon on March 15th, 2020 @ 10:18 a.m.
- The annual name changing madness is upon us. While all members of AoMH are currently issued visas allowing them to travel to Outside Discussions - I must stress returning forumers will be disinfected as per protocol.
If you wish to have your name changed, please post in the name change thread after reading the included rules.
- Patch 2.7 scenario workaround
- Posted by Yeebaagooon on February 07th, 2020 @ 12:18 p.m.
The recent 2.7 patch has infected vast swathes of quality scenarios with the curse of OOS (out of sync).
While we are yet to await an official response to this gross assault on enjoyment - nottud has developed a workaround.
The error is caused by cinematic mode, and a workaround trigger can be substituted into your cinematic mode triggers to once again make your maps playable.
More detail can be found in SD here.
All praise and glory to nottud.
- The patch is official!
- Posted by TAG on December 19th, 2019 @ 12:08 a.m.
After a long 5 months wait, and an even longer 3 years for a patch in the first place, the subject of the upcoming patch that has been on everyone's minds is no longer upcoming... it is here and it has been made official.
That's right, just a few hours ago from the time that I write this, Age of Mythology: Extended Edition has received its long-awaited official patch. The cries of the community have been heard and through their determination and support they have gotten what they asked for - a patch, and a very extensive one at that.
Features include changes such as eradicating the Lure bug, fixing broken ratings, doing away with crashes, and many more that can be read about here!
Now don't take too long reading... go get in the game!
- Hocus Pocus 2019
- Posted by Yeebaagooon on October 07th, 2019 @ 12:19 p.m.
Apnoeic groans emanate from infront of you. No need to call an ambulance - it's just the noise AoMH makes these days.
That's right, our annual halloween themed screenshot competition is back where the winner is crowned with a coveted custom title. This year you have until November the 1st to submit your scary screenshot, so plenty of time for some ideas and designing!
Even though we all have busy lives hopefully a lazy weekend is the perfect time to jump into the editor and see what you can conjure up!
Go over to the thread to find out more.
- We have a patch!
- Posted by TAG on July 25th, 2019 @ 2:01 p.m.
- It's only taken Zeus knowns how long, but the devs have finally started working on a dreadfully-long-awaited patch for the game.
The patch is in its beta stage, and can already be utilized by loading it into the game.
More information here: https://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,30076,,10
- Name change shenanigans
- Posted by Yeebaagooon on March 16th, 2019 @ 7:08 p.m.
- Annual name change day is upon us. If you are stoic and confident in your choice of username then do nothing and join me on the balcony for some fried titan kebabs while those who are unsatisfied with their choice of name can decide to change it here.
- Revisiting patching
- Posted by TAG on January 06th, 2019 @ 7:21 p.m.
- What had been put on hold for years seems to be resuming...
Nakamura posted a thread in GD a couple days ago concerning possible AoM EE patching. In it you'll find a survey which we encourage you to fill out! It's only two questions, and is an important step in getting this game the support it needs.
Check out the thread
- AoMH's greatest shots series
- Posted by Yeebaagooon on January 02nd, 2019 @ 12:31 a.m.
We hope you approve of our selection! This festive treat has rightly garnered a good few pageviews, so an extra special thanks to all those artists past and present, as well as those sadly unable to be featured this time. So where to from here? If you enjoyed this series we can always do more. If people are inspired and want to delve back into the editor, we are more than happy to host another screenshot tournament or reopen the CSC.
Many happy returns for 2019.
Yeebaagooon and TAG
WARNING: Content Distribution is Prohibited
Copyright © 2001–2020 HeavenGames LLC. All Rights Reserved. HeavenGames LLC. The graphical images and content enclosed with this document are viewable for private use only. All other rights-including, but not limited to, distribution, duplication, and publish by any means - are retained by HeavenGames LLC. Federal law provides criminal and civil penalties for those found to be in violation. In addition, please read our Disclaimer & Privacy Statement.
AoM Heaven best viewed with a HTML 4.0 / CSS 1.0 compatible browser.