Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Disable buttons
Bottom
Topic Subject:Disable buttons
RedScorpion4Ever
Inactive
posted 08 June 2012 11:33 AM EDT (US)         
_

[This message has been edited by redscorpion4ever (edited 04-05-2019 @ 02:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Elrich
Hero
posted 08 June 2012 01:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
I believe you can forbid that technology for a given player in the editor.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
Xyteran
Mortal
posted 08 June 2012 01:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
Yeah, use Set Tech Status = unobtainable in the trigger editor.
RedScorpion4Ever
Inactive
posted 08 June 2012 03:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
_

[This message has been edited by redscorpion4ever (edited 04-05-2019 @ 02:16 PM).]

theonefrog5545
Mortal
posted 10 June 2012 01:16 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
You can't disable timeshift; you can make it useless by Modifying the "Proto" unit's Build Points and making it very high, so timeshifting would take a very long time to do.
To remove a god power, use the effect "Player Kill All God Powers". If you want previous God powers to "stay", you must add them with Grant God Power.
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 11 June 2012 06:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Is this a multiplayer game? I can think of a crude way to do so if it isn't.
amosbill
Banned
posted 13 June 2012 07:33 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
spamspamspam

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 06-16-2012 @ 06:22 AM).]

RedScorpion4Ever
Inactive
posted 13 June 2012 08:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
_

THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 14 June 2012 09:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
Multiplayer makes it harder. If it were not multiplayer, you could use the unit selected condition, but alas, you cannot. Sorry.

My basic idea would have been to raise the price of the building to insane amounts whenever it was selected, and lower it back down when it was not. Thereby making it impossible to time-shift the buildings because they would cost too much when selected.
Elrich
Hero
posted 15 June 2012 12:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
amosbill=spammer with no sense of his target audience
*spits on the ground*

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 15 June 2012 12:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Thymole, it's not the unit selected condition that causes oos. The majority of the trigger effects combined with it is what causes oos. I've used a custom camera track trigger effect with a unit selected condition with no problem. So you do have options, but they're limited.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
theonefrog5545
Mortal
posted 16 June 2012 02:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
I FOUND A WAY THAT CAN WORK (acceptably):
Trigger, Loop, high, immediately
Cond: timer 1
Effects: 1) Modify Protounits, Cost Wood -(unit wood cost - cost to timeshift), ex: Manor costs 80 wood, 5 to timeshift so -(80-5)= -75 wood
2) Modify Protounits, Cost Gold -(unit gold cost)
3) Damage Units in area, 50 dmg
4) Change units in area, from unit x to unit x (ex. Manor to manor)
EDIT: Change units in area, from unit x to unit y (ex. Manor to Axeman(doesn't make noise)). Then Transform All units, from y to x (Axeman to Manor). This gets rid of the noise AND the building foundation. EDIT2: But Buildings lose some of their functions (can't train, research)...

Then all the inverse;
5) Damage ..., -50 dmgs
6) modif proto cost gold +(unit cost gold)
7) modif proto cost wood +(unit cost wood)

The problem is that, everytime you change the unit, it does its sound as if you selected it. Transform all units removes the sound problem, but adds another: buildings' foundation stay where the building was timeshifted.
Anyone got a solution to that?

Instead of Looping 1 sec, you could make it so that a trigger Transforms all Timeshift in or out units into a certain unit, then make a trigger that activates each time a player has Player Unit Count of that certain unit > 0, then the rest listed above.

Another not really important problem is that any building with 50 hps or less would be destroyed by the trigger (doesn't affect buildings getting built though).

[This message has been edited by theonefrog5545 (edited 07-04-2012 @ 08:20 AM).]

Lewonas
Mortal
posted 17 June 2012 05:35 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
Transform all units removes the sound problem, but adds another: buildings' foundation stay where the building was timeshifted.
This would be the best way to "disable" the timeshift. Use "Transform all units on map" effects in a looped trigger on high priority to transform manors to manors, palaces to palaces, sky passages to sky passages, etc.

As for the god powers, use the "Player Tech Tree Enabled God Powers" effect and set the parameter "Enable" on "Off".

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 06-17-2012 @ 05:40 AM).]

Ghostoo
Mortal
posted 17 June 2012 04:13 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
use the trigger "modify protounit ALL" and change to cost of timeshifting to 151 favor

assuming the game will let something cost 151 favor, problem solved.

if not just increase the cost by a ridiculous amount

[This message has been edited by Ghostoo (edited 06-17-2012 @ 04:14 PM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 22 July 2012 06:13 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
The solution I used to use was to use search and find the timeshifting out effect and damage buildings in a small radius - this would kill any building that tried to timeshift.

An older method I used was to use population to detect the presence of a shift effect and act accordingly. (Give it a gigantic population and then check current population)

For the god power question set player tech enabled god powers trigger to false. This means you don't need to kill god powers. (Especially useful if you grant custom ones)

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 07-22-2012 @ 06:41 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames