You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Are medusas any good? o.O?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Are medusas any good? o.O?
ChandraguptaXII
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 01:09 PM EDT (US)         
hello,
i wanna specialize in greek civi's. I find Medusa's very powerfull. keep this in mind i'm very new to the game and i am attacted to pretty things very easily. I was wondering if its worth worshipng hera? or should i go with Hepathatus and get collosus. Are Chimera's any good? what about Nemean lions?

AIYa too many choices.. - -" things were so much simpler in Age of Kings.

AuthorReplies:
shironinja
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 01:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Medusae are very effective. However on ESO don't expect a lot of games to even get to Mythic Age -- much of the key fighting occurs prior to that.
iamgameguy
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 01:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
I dont play greek much, but by themself i dont think thry are good, but with an army and a few medusas in the back to take out some of your opponent's counters or big units they are very good.
the other MU i cant really comment on cuz i haven't played with them much at all
Colovion
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 02:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
I've gotten to Mythic two or three times on ESO. Hera was who I went with two of those times and I was very pleased. THe lightning storm GP is very effective to take out a load of thier vils or to take out their army. Medusa can take out any unit (save heroes) with one shot to turn them to stone (it's very nice to see a stone colossi or war elephant). I avery powerful myth unit for taking on units. The colossi is awesome too for taking out all units but only if you have the money. The destroy buildings so easily and are so strong you rarely have to worry about them dying unless they get attacked by a hero - plus they eat resources to gain back HP. I usually go Hera for the immediate bonus of Lightning Storm but if you think you'll need a goo backbone to your army (colossi) then go with that.

Men do not become tyrants in order to keep out the cold

- Aristotle -
Celois
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 02:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
They are alright. Kind of expensive and weak against units with their ranged attacked but not bad.

Chimeras IMO are pretty.. well... not so useful. Their special doesn't do alot of damage and is hard to hit with. Nemean Lions are tough and hard to kill, their roar is easy to hit with but only does 10hack damage. However Aphrodites isn't really that good of choice for Hades or Poisedon unles you want a good economy.

I suggest experimenting yourself to figure out what you like best.

[This message has been edited by Celois (edited 12-23-2002 @ 02:39 PM).]

xXLord EcKXx
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 04:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Medusas have bad range, I like them, but they have to get closer than most ranged units. I prefur Colussuss' lately, get 2 of them and move them in after some initial destruction of an enemy base, and the army is pretty much vanquished, they roll over just about anything. Watch out for Pharoahs and priests tho, with Colossus' they go down quick with them

You provide food,water,and shelter for a dog,
he thinks "wow, this guy must be a god!".
You provide food,water,and shelter for a cat, he thinks "wow, I must be a god!".
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 23 December 2002 04:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I guess it depends on what you play. I play DM, and if I use Hades, I usually use cyclopses. I should go for the colossi though. They are good. I've used medusae before, and they are pretty good. It's always nice to see a stone colossus.

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 06:51 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Medusae are not cost effective combat units unless you manage to take out a Colossus or Fire Giant...waste of resources in my opinion.

Tally up the resources sometime than go into a medusa, then compare what combat value you could be getting out of equivalent regular units. A lot more. This is the case with a large number of MU's, but most of all those like the medusa with high favor and population costs.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 12-23-2002 @ 06:59 PM).]

hades27
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 06:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Medusas are great myth units (awesome myth ability- turn enemies to stone completely). Worshipping Hera is a good choice, if you think your opponent has a huge army (to use lightning storm on). If your already on the upper hand, get Hephaetus. I just played a game the other day vs player and i got about 3-4 medusa's STONING THEM FRICKING ELEPHANTS!! AHAHHAHA DIE EGYPTIANS DIE!
i want to take isis hostage

- BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS!!
ESO: IamHades27

Winner of the least favorite forumer AoMH's award 2002!!

[This message has been edited by hades27 (edited 12-23-2002 @ 06:55 PM).]

GUNS_N_ROSES
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 08:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I think that Medusa is just the best anti-myth unit in the game. However Hera still is a good choice as Lightning completely destroys an enemy army and you have then all the way to ruin his city, compared to the passive Plenty.

If you are close and you have the feeling the game will end soon by the time you get to Mythic get Hera that may change the turn of the game. Else get Hephestus to give you resources and also allow you to have cheap Armory Upgrades.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames