You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Winning with Wonders...your opinions?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Winning with Wonders...your opinions?
dpgiffin
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 03:14 PM EDT (US)         
I was wondering what everyone thought on winning a multiplayer game with a wonder..

I've won twice with it. I'm not the best attacker, so it's good for me..

But I feel guilty doing it at the same time though...

Your thoughts?

AuthorReplies:
AgeMyth
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 03:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
if u can go ahead......but its hard.
EvilNed
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 04:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
They included it for a reason. So its OK.

And the Worst Internet Service Award of the century goes to... you guessed it! ESO!!
llchrisb
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 04:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
If your opponent has left you alone enough to build the proper defenses, go for it. Nothing to feel guilty about -- hell, you're GIVING him a target to take on.
It's always fun to have a small group of siege waiting to catch his base from behind as he tosses his full force against you.

People need to post more Wonder strategies.

GoForGoldenJarls
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 05:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Egyptians are the best wonder building civ. Then norse, then greek. Egypt is best because of their good defenses and empowering. Norse are good because their infantry building can defend the wonder themselves before the wonder is complete, and the wonder goes up fast. Greeks are not as good because their villagers are vulnerable and their defenses are easier to break through.

lief ericson
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 10:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
Wonders are also good in stalemated games where you keep pumping out units to get slaughtered against the units your enemy is pumping out. Also, if the enemy is weak but still running around the map with units you can build a wonder and seal your victory.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
INSANE Fanatic
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 11:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Yah I only use them when I have a stalemate. Where I throw an earth-shattering attack that is swatted away like a fly and vice versa. Say hello to Mr.Wonder+ with multi-layer Citadel Wall, re-inforced with all possible Ballista Towers and Migdols all fully-upgraded with an added huge defensive army of MUs and Regulars and a Town Center or two if I get really lucky.

Mind you I still don't play Multi. only Single. So those are my views for Single Player use of a Wonder.

[This message has been edited by INSANE Fanatic (edited 12-23-2002 @ 11:21 PM).]

GoForGoldenJarls
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 11:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
From Leif Erikson's sig:

Quote:

Boycott shampoo! Demand real poo! You...all...suck!!

lol.

thegreathal
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 11:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
lol...I always win with wonders. It is easier and sneakier, and I have mastered the strategy. There is nothing wrong with it, Ensemble carried it on, and it does take alot of skill. I usually play diplomat, and conquest is cool, but there is nothing wrong with it
Drajeck
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 11:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
I have been trying this with moderate success myself. I'm about 50/50 so far with it. A few games of come down to the last minute of play and that's been exciting. So far I've been in a position where if they destroy the wonder I'm finished, so it's been a real count-down timer. Interesting change of pace from rush vs rush in any case.

-Drajeck

Hrolf the Reborn
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 12:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
wonders can also be a good distraction jus biuld one in the middle of no where and biuld one and make a big circle of walls so ranged siege can take it out and as soon as they get close delete it and then send in the main force in the back of the enemy

Strategist, Age fan, owner of AoM beta, and future game devolper.
dpgiffin
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 01:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
I won with my third one last night. The game was an hour and a half long, just back and forth...And I was going downhill. I was posiden, he was Isis...thos damn Phoenixes were killing me.

Well the map was Vinlandsaga, so I travelled out to one of the little islands with 2 ships, one filled (20/20) with villies, and the other filled with archers and Centaurs. (so they can fire at the phoenxes)

I sent 12 of my villies to build the wonder near the back of the island.(with enough room for two walls with tower space between them.) I sent 4 villies to build the towncenter on the settlement(which I immediatly started to dish out villies from with their drop point as the wonder construction site). I put 3 of the original 20 on a fortress. and the last one started to build watch towers all over the edge of the island. Eventually my new villies from the TC started to put up the walls.

Bascically I had an alcatraz. lol. I left about 15 villies in the inside wall, constantly fixing any harm it took. I wish I would of taken a Screeny...Oh well.

I also had a small area where people could stand, that i constantly brought more archers over in. All in all, it worked well. The wonder had about half it's health when the battle ended. I still won though

Then again, one time I tried to build one I coulnd't get it past the first stage...lol.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames