Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Nidhogg
Bottom
Topic Subject:Nidhogg
LutherX
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 09:10 PM EDT (US)         
I was in a 3v3 match the other night as Loki, we were fighting it out quite a bit in the middle, and I had the great pleasure of finally summoning Hel's dragon Nidhogg

However, the dragon seemed kind'a weak. I mean, he kicked butt and all, but archers & towers were hurting him, so I had to keep finding him targets who couldn't fight back, like that swarm of Hades' shades that come after a big fight.

About the dragon, shouldn't he have some kind of special attack? Most myth units do. Maybe he could swoop down and pick up a unit and hurl him to the ground. Or eat him. He could dive-bomb buildings too and slam them with his great bulk. He's a dragon, and he should be the strongest MU in the game since it takes a God Power to get him. Maybe he is the strongest MU in the game anyway but still....

Anway these were my thoughts as I flew the great Nidhogg around and burned up frantic villies....

AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 09:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Little tidbit, towers do triple damage to flying units. No idea why.

Putting him in the middle of a battle where an enemy will inevitably target every ranged unit they have on him though isn't getting your money's worth in my opinion, no matter how much damage he's doing. Caution, grasshopper.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
lief ericson
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 09:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I once thought that the Nidhogg should be more powerful, but Hel is already an over powered Minor God. She get three MU's (a siege MU, an MU than can freeze any one unit, and a ranged MU) and two techs making these MU's even stronger! If the Nidhogg were any stronger then Hel would be unstopable.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
Zaknafien
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 10:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
If you use it right though, though splash does a fantastic amount of damage. Also, if hey target every ranged unit on it think about all the damage your avoiding on your army. If it could kill more or heal or last longer or whatever, how do you think you would kill it? It taking away all your opponents ranged damage means you should win the battle, and it forces them to have a substantial ranged force anyway.
donato
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 10:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I finally played someone today that used Nidhogg. I've played probably 100 games online and I had yet to face someone that used the feared dragon. I lost the game, but Nidhogg only killed a couple of villagers. I just got 6-8 priests together really fast and took him out in a flash. The good thing is that it is easy to prepare for him since they tell you your opponent has summoned Nidhogg. Once that happens it's time to get your heros together to target him.
SlasherOfVeils
Mortal
posted 23 December 2002 11:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I like using nidhogg to kill houses while their army is occupied with an invasion force.. kill their pop, they replace less soldiers, and you can overrun them easily :-)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames