You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Best God power ?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Best God power ?
Sniper_g0d
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 12:09 PM EDT (US)         
I like the God Power Meteor it just tears the other civilization into pieces and looks cool
AuthorReplies:
optikal
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 12:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Meteor is definitely the coolest looking god power. I also like the earthquake. When you cast it, the town is level. Nothing is left standing in the area.

***** Don't argue with idiots. They will only bring you down to their level; and then beat you with experience... *****

Hrolf the Reborn
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 12:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Fimbul winter, really softens up the enemy b4 a big attack

Ragnarock is a good finshing off move hto u shoyuld make a ton of villes or dwarf which ever more resource u got gold or food that way u get more of a benifit from it

Niddhog is the most under appreciated gp IN THE GAME its very good at takinng out buildings, best used on Norse b/c usually not alot of ranged stuff, and this isnt an army on its own people send in cal. 4 support to take out those pesky archers

Strategist, Age fan, owner of AoM beta, and future game devolper.
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 02:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Cease fire.
Buy you sometime to recover.
Counter of a lot of godpowers,if it's a combo GP,you gained more:Bronze,flaming weapon,frost,ansero(cant spell).Question:Will ceasefire affect meteor or earthquake?
Counter of RA FH and egypt mercenary.
Give you a chance to train the exact counter unit to against enemy's army.
iamgameguy
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 02:47 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
ceasefire doesn't counter earthquake or meteor. during those gp,no other gps can be played.
GGC_Mattimeo
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 05:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Appart from looking cool, the Meteor GP is not at all the most effective one, IMO. Son of Osiris is far better, if choosing between those two gods.

It has happened to me many many times. My eggy enemy will send a fast scout to my main TC / Farming operation, and cast meteor! It doesnt' really do any more than kill mabey one villie as they run away, and take out my TC and farms. As norse I never have many more buildings packed around my TC. I just quickly rebuild my TC and drop the farms again. I have never lost more than 30 seconds concentration due to a meteor attack. Son of Osiris, however is a different story. If the eggy guy keeps him behind his main troops it can be a real pain in the @$$... Unless you have lots off Jarls, killing SoS is hard.

The god power I most use in Classical age, Forest Fire. IMO one of the most underestimated GP's in the game. I use it to a great effect with my rush. Whilst I'm attacking his gold operation his wood has burnt down, and he hasn't noticed his villies dying becide his burning forest.

My fav Heroic GP would deffinately be Frost. This one is a battle winner. Frost his units, take down his barricks and move onto the TC. By this time you will have had time to re-task villies depending on what perticular counter you need. Also easy to drop a foward hill fort over his frozen units. Frost is also excellent just after your enemy casts something like Bronze, or Flaming Weapons. Really wastes their use of the power

As for a fav Mythic GP, most probably F-Winter. This one is a real econ wrecker, much more so than egypt's meteor! Also those Fen Wolves rock

I sometimes use Nidhogg, though never against Zeus, or an enemy who is going heavy ranged units.

As for Ragnaork, I rarely use this, and if I do, only as a last resort. Even then, I usually loose a game in which I've ragnaork'ed

GoForGoldenJarls
Mortal
posted 24 December 2002 05:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Archaic-Prosperity. Gold comes in like theres no tomorrow!

Classical-Ceasefire. Counters bronze, frost, flaming weapons, ancestors, and can even counter fimbulwinter if used right before they cast it.

Heroic-Flaming Weapons. An army with flaming weapons just SLAUGHTERS armies. Plus drakkar attack is 404!!!

Mythic-Tornado or Earthquake are the coolest looking, but i would have to say SoO is the best. Destroys myth units, especially en masse, has chain lightning, and improved empowering.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames