You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.36 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Must Underrated MU?-Share Opinions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Must Underrated MU?-Share Opinions
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
King of the Norvidians
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 10:57 AM EDT (US)         
Hey all!
Anyway, after playing this great game for a while, I came to the conclusion that the most underated MU is the Battleboar. Why? 720 hp, which is really pretty good for a Heroic age MU. He costs only gold and favor. Even though the favor amount is high, I still think it's a benifit to cost gold, where Thor's dwarves specialize. Cost: 250 gold
30 favor
Population: 4
Hack Damage: 20
Crush Damage: 20
Damage x2 vs Myth units
Damage x0.6 vs Heroes
HP: 720
Hack Armor: 60%
Pierce Armor: 60%
Crush Armor: 80%
Speed: 5.3 meters
Line of sight: 16 meters
Training time: 20 seconds
(Thank you heavengames site for the info)
His hack attack is equal to that of a Mountain Giant! His crush attack isn't too shabby either. But his bucking attack is his prize. Say you are attacked by something such as 3 or 4 fenris wolf broods, who gain attack power in packs, you simply just buck attack them, and that reduces their attack. This and other instances the bucking berserk attack can be really helpful. Now, I believe he is underrated is because when people see his high cost, they shrug him off. Also, many people play Odin and such, more than THor and Loki (from my experience) Any one else agree? Share comments or something
AuthorReplies:
Sir Magus
Mortal
posted 14 January 2003 02:09 AM EDT (US)     31 / 36       

Quote:

Earthquake is a one use only GP while Plenty is useful for the rest of the game. Not to mention the fact that Colossus is a great MU. Strong and can heal himself.

In all of my games, after I casted Earthquake in my rival's town, he was gone. Earthquake is extremely useful, and the Chimeras are much better than Colossi. Colossi cost too much gold.

Back from a long break, it's Magus!
Cordyceps
Naphal
(id: ArchDruid)
posted 14 January 2003 02:10 AM EDT (US)     32 / 36       
I'd agree that the frostgiants are underrated, at least in most of the "strategy guides" you'll see around...

One on one they're among, if not the best myth units aside from Medusa and Mummies and any other 1-kill things I've forgotten. Being able to freeze things gives them a nice 20-second window in which they can pound away with a decent melee attack, and 600 hp, more when upgraded, means they can last a while. In my experience given the chance they can also re-freeze a given unit and continue pounding, quite handy.

GoForGoldenJarls
Mortal
posted 14 January 2003 08:06 PM EDT (US)     33 / 36       
i think fire giants are very underrated. i NEVER see them in DM against loki! VERY jk!

chimeras and chimera tyrants rule, but nobody uses them but meeeee!

LoneRaider
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 10:28 AM EDT (US)     34 / 36       
I think Minotaurs are extremelu underrated. They are powerful and have a gore attack.

I also think the colossi are overrated because they are just to damn slow.

I think the Sphinx is underrated it has a great special attack and has good attack points when fully researched.

ArmorPierce
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 11:30 AM EDT (US)     35 / 36       
I don't think that minotaurs are underated I've seen people use them before. The most underated MU's in my opinion iare Namean Lion and Chimera. No one uses Namean Lion because Aphrodities god power sucks and hydra and scylla is better (IMO) and people don't choose Chimera cause most games don't last that long unless it's a team game and even then people thinks that collossus and the good n plenty god power is better even though I disagree with the good n plenty and dunno about the collossus being better than a Chimera. Maybe someone should test it out on an editor.

ESO nick: NerVe_Pierce
Proud member of NerVe Clan
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
FoofmongerX
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 12:45 PM EDT (US)     36 / 36       
Aphrodites god power doesn't suck, I have seen it kill a good 6-7 units no problem. It is just not consistent.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames