You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Poll: Who plays Greeks *regularly*
Bottom
Topic Subject:Poll: Who plays Greeks *regularly*
Ye7i
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 10:25 AM EDT (US)         
Well, not too many people seem to play as the Greeks, so I was just wondering, how many of you either dedicatedly play as them or play as them on a regular basis, say every 5 games or so, in rated games? I play greeks here and there in non-rated, and very rarely in rated. How about you guys?
AuthorReplies:
Carerra
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 10:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
i dont really play greek that much but a few days ago i played Zeus about 4/5 times in rated after reading an article from eso about the centaur rush. I won about 3 of the games i think
Flank
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 10:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
i play the majority of my rated games with greeks. I use egypt and norse more in non rated for a change.
ZackmanX
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 10:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
i use hades all the time in rated and do pretty well... but i dont really know how well seeing as how the damn 2,4 error has screwed me over...grrr

.:ZackmanX:.
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 18 January 2003 11:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
I don't play rated, but I play DM. I use the Greeks all the time, but I think they aren't that good for DM. Unless I can get better, I'm going to switch to Norse.

WadjetEye111
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:30 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
I only have the demo, so yes, I play greeks every single time.

ESO name: Don_Quixote

[color=red] "The whole world's in competiton with itself. The only person you have to be better than is the person you are right now"[/c]
- Col. Sherman T. Potter

Safer Sephiroth
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
I don't play the Greeks because they can't just rush because they need 3 buildings unlike Egypt and Norse who need only one building.But when fully ugraded they are the strongest.But now that I see the Centaur rush I will test with them to see results.
rogueosb
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 12:55 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
I usually don't play with the greeks since their econ isn't the best, and it's hard to advance through the ages fast enough. I play the eggies, and I have no problem rushing or going to the next age.

The day of justice will come...
Thunderclasher
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 01:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
I've been playing a lot of greek in non rated in the past few days, mostly posiden, but some zues too. I've been playing them for their gps and bonuses, but now my choices are inclueding the myth unit too.
StrongBowDX
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 01:33 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
I play Hades and a little Zeus most of the time. It's a lot more fun to play with something other than Thor, Odin, Ra, and Poseidon.

~sbdx

RM
Hades -> Ares -> Aphrodite -> Artemis
DM
Zeus -> Athena -> Apollo -> Hera
optikal
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 03:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24       
I play greek at rated *all* the time. Not a very good player though. 1697.

***** Don't argue with idiots. They will only bring you down to their level; and then beat you with experience... *****

Crazyleggz
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 05:35 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24       
I play Greek all the time. Everyone thinks, "Heh, I'm Ra vs. Posiedon I'm going to FH and win." Then at 7 minutes they've lost all there miners and hunters and can't FH. Then I just kick em around until I can Bring in the big units. Nothing more satisfying then that.

But then again I haven't played very many rated yet so I'm at like 1650, maybe a little better then an actual 1650 Ra player. Oh well

Mokon
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 05:50 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
i play greeks all the time and i am 1773.53
Cardak
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 10:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
I love greeks. They are the only civ that I play.

Right now im at 1825 and it was really hard to get upthere with greeks. I had to counter many FH and alot of early rushes. I still think that it was kinda unfair to move the hippikon production to 20 seconds. I have no idea what they were thinking to do such a thing.

anyway, there is a nice artice for all you zeus fans to check out. Its pretty good stuff even tho I havent tryed it myself. Give it a try folks

ArmorPierce
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 01:00 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
Yeah, I play as Poseidon all the time mainly because I don't want to learn how to use another civ.

ESO nick: NerVe_Pierce
Proud member of NerVe Clan
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
GothicRapheal
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 10:09 AM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
Me I was a Set player but never really was able to maintain myself in 1800+ range .....after (115 games). Got tired of losing with a bad econ and all and now I play Hades which gets my rating up the ranks way faster.
Robotic_Knave
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 03:15 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24       
I play exclusively Zeus, but I find it hard, even whith the centaur thing
Sir Magus
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 03:39 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
I love to play Hades and Poseidon. I pick Hades if my opponents are Norse, hehe. I pick Poseidon otherwise. I play Greeks for a good portion of my games. Other than Hades or Poseidon, I play Isis, Ra, or Loki.

Back from a long break, it's Magus!
kamrantu
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 11:46 AM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
Since I started playing Zeus, my rating went from 1750 to 1850 and it's still climbing even after I have now started trying out Poseidon (who seems much weaker then Zeus).
Atila
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 02:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24       
my first post

I play Greeks all the time, always trying to get better...right now I dont know what to do as I have a dillemna between playing Hades (but everyone says he's weak) or Zues (who i'm not as good with) =/

Crazyleggz
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 03:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24       
I had the same problem... so I went with Poseidon Zeus isn't good once you get playing at a higher level(His bonus's are kinda rookish) And Hades is nothing compared to Posiedon, his calv bonus's make for a nice rush, and those militia do more help then most think.
Pascal9872
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 04:00 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24       
I disagree, except for the small savings on expense Zeus can have the same hippokons that Poseiden can have. He can also go the restoration route and get some good bonusses for his hoplites.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
Flank
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 05:08 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
i think poseidon is a little better than zeus and hades. However, it is possible to play any of them at the 1950 level, as long as you play each one the right way.
Grimgorr
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 09:24 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
Not me! All hail the mighty gods of the Norse. I play as Loki or Odin
Crazyleggz
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 09:39 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
Yeah, they all can be. I just look at the bonuses and compared them. 200 Favor isn't usually necessary, unless your playing DM, and the only other worth while bonus is the infantry v. building bonus for Zeus. But it just depends on your playin style. : ) Mine just happens to follow Posiedons bonus's.

BTW I'm starting to learn how powerful the Greek actually are. Haven't been beaten by a Norse player for a while now. : P

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames