You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.23 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Medusa or Mummy????
Bottom
Topic Subject:Medusa or Mummy????
MTD
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:32 AM EDT (US)         
I used to think that Medusa was the best but then I actually started to pick Osiris and started to use a Mummy or two and found them to be quite useful by getting a couple of minions can make the difference between a win and a defeat?

Who do you think is the better of the two??????

AuthorReplies:
Safer Sephiroth
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23       
I think that Medusas are better because they instanly kill any unit and also have crush damage.
WadjetEye111
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:39 AM EDT (US)     2 / 23       
Well, with either you have to be careful. You have to make sure that they use their attack on a powerful unit an not just a slinger or something like that. The minions are helpful, and if you research Aetef Crown, they are even more helpful. I'm not sure what the exact ranged attack of the mummy is, but I kind of thought it seemed a bit weaker than the medusa. So in my humble opinion, either is good if you micro it, but medusae are my personal favorite.
General_Crespin
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 23       
First post!

Anyway, I like Medusa the best. Would've been neat if a Cyclops was then able to pick up a stoned enemy and throw it, and then it crashes into little pieces...

hegemony - he*gem'o*ny - The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group over another or others.
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron
superdroideka
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 23       
Medusa are better: faster, stronger. Mummys are so clumsy.
Cuautemoc
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 12:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23       
i did 30 medusas vs 30 mummies and the medusas won with like 7 left..
Thunderclasher
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 01:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23       
I prefer the medusa, they just seem stronger and more useful than a mummy in battle.
Agarwaen
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 02:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23       
Mummies can instantly kill nearly any unit, and they also get a minion along with it. At least, mummies can instantly kill medusae, according to my test on the editor.

Agarwaen
"Guns don't kill people. Gaping holes in internal organs kill people."
If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Pro-gress?
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't you happy?
Crazyleggz
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 02:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23       
well... Medusae can instantly kill mummies too right? Anyway when I play with mummies they always die a lot faster... But I dont use either one too much because of the cost.
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 04:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23       
Hehe, I remeber a game I had with HSM, DM game right, All I had was a few spear(or axe)men and a few mummies and preists. Most of the damage was done by the minions, and it kept HSM's army at bay until I lagged out .

If you get mummies in a place where they can stand still and still munionify safely, they rule with some preists at their back.

Medusae take less work to be effective with and really do more damage inb a proper fast battle, but mummies can still hole their own when stalling for time in a path, or defending a point of your base.

MattTheGreat_II
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 04:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 23       
mummies are much cheaper so I think they are better

Matt the Great II
My n00bish little underscore will kill you!
Member of the LTR Clan
Nucleargnome
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 09:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 23       
Medusae have better stats but come at a high price, while Mummies have worser stats but r cheaper, so i think they are pretty much the same...

ESO:LKS_Nuke, Nucleargnome
Current Rating:1661
Current Favourite God: Isis
Proud trainee of LKS
Valdehar
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23       
lol... I love the editor.

Just did 10vs10 Medusa/mummy.

Medusa won with one left @335hps.

Mummies were winning for a bit, their minions kept it close.

DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 18 January 2003 11:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 23       

Quote:

Just did 10vs10 Medusa/mummy.

Medusa won with one left @335hps.

Mummies were winning for a bit, their minions kept it close.

You don't get minions from other MUS, only humans

DK
Valdehar
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23       
Well apparently you do in the editor bub.
Theias
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 02:06 AM EDT (US)     15 / 23       
Yeah you do darky...oh and psychic big whoop HSM sucks
PippinTook
Banned
posted 19 January 2003 03:46 AM EDT (US)     16 / 23       
Mummies have the best special in the game... but are like others have meantioned.. very weak in stats and speed... they only have 10 range if I remember right.. which makes them the shortest range unit except for TAs...

I think Mummies would be more useful against Norse... as Norse don't have range heroes.... (or good range units in general :P)

Scabies
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 04:07 AM EDT (US)     17 / 23       

Quote:

Well apparently you do in the editor bub.

LOL

[This message has been edited by Scabies (edited 01-19-2003 @ 04:07 AM).]

LoneRaider
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 08:18 PM EDT (US)     18 / 23       
I personally like medusaes. For one thing they can turn enemies into stone. They also shoot arrows so they are ranged. They also have good bit of hack armor.

Mummies are good also. But I like the Medusa overall.

Head Cheese
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 01:13 AM EDT (US)     19 / 23       
Mummies also kill in a single hit, and also have a ranged attack.

"Sometimes I really think people ought to have to pass a proper exam before they're allowed to be parents. Not just the practical, I mean." - Susan Sto Helit
"It's not fair to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
KRool
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 01:59 AM EDT (US)     20 / 23       
In direct combat, Medusas get off better, but in normal gameplay, the cannon fodder aspect alone is enough to let the Mummys win the contest.

Although, Medusas can much easier be produced in higher numbers, since greek can get much faster favor than egypts

Sir Magus
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 03:46 AM EDT (US)     21 / 23       
Medusae are very good for their stats (hack armor, long range, crush attack) and Hera, who grants them, has a GP that is more useful that Osiris' in battle. Medusae are pretty expensive, but coupled with cheap upgraded minotaurs and HU's, they are quite effective.

However, I have no real preference between the two. I like mummies and medusae both.

Back from a long break, it's Magus!
MythicFox
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 10:16 AM EDT (US)     22 / 23       

Quote:

a GP that is more useful that Osiris' in battle

I like SoO plus he lasts forever unless hes killed (damn you zeus and your 'bolt')

goodbaby
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 01:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23       
I used to play egypt and i have a friend likes to play Zeus.Meidusa is his favorit MU and mummy is my favorit.
Both unit can make great difference in a game if you got at least 2.Mummy is little bit expensive on gold while meidusa is little bit expensive on favor.Comparing the way these civils get favor,zeus may produce meidusa little bit easier.

In real combat,I think mummy is more useful than meidusa.One hit kill and brings a minion is great.
I dont believe the test results other guys made above.
Mummy should defeat meidusa!For mummy's range is longer(12 vs 10).But anyway,group MU combat is impossible in real fight.

Mummy's special attack is better than meidusa's.But mummy is easily die to a group of human soldiers while meidusa can stand much longer.

Each myth unit need some micro control.Like one said,if let mummy or meidusa instant kill a slinger is kind of waste.

2-4 Muumy/meidusa + 60% ranged army +40% melee army are unstopable.My own experience is 2 mummy and CA+Camel combo defeated 2 guy's mercenary flood.

I also have a question: how soon can they get recharged? and which one get recharged faster?mummy or meidusa?

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames