You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.25 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Does anyone else just quit on ra players.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Does anyone else just quit on ra players.
Drench19
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 08:07 PM EDT (US)         
I DO. Im starting to boycott all RA players. Its just to cheesy to play them and its a waste of my time. So from now on im Just gonna back out. All they wanna do is pretend like there actually winners anyway. Im in it for a good fair game. And wasting what little time i have to game watching RA players abuse the fast heroic is just getting irritating.

Bah i can't wait till Total War: ROME is released so i can move on to greener pastures.

AuthorReplies:
Ye7i
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 08:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 25       
Yeah, Ra FH is annoying. But it isn't abused. Yes, it's overused, but you shouldn't just quit! You can easily knock out a Ra FH player by mangling their econ at the beginning with gold raids in Classical. Plus usually I can get to heroic at the same time, or even before them, with any other god. Plus if you mangle their econ, they'll build barracks and use up gold and food to defend, and while your raiding party gradually gets eaten up, he won't have half the food he needs, Rain power will be all out, and you'll have the resources to advance to heroic. Shouldn't quit!

[This message has been edited by Ye7i (edited 01-18-2003 @ 08:16 PM).]

Barret VII
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 08:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25       
I usually play as Ra and have a rating of about 1530 :-/...thing is if ANYONE calls, it automatically disconnects me ending in a loss...really ****** me off. Made me lose about 100 points on my ranking.
Martie
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 09:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25       
i play against ra, but if they start spaming mercs consistantly i'll probably just quit.

-Martie
Matei
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 09:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 25       
I play and regularly own them . It's the Greek and Norse I have trouble with .

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Crazyleggz
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 10:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 25       
I know what you mean Matei, Eggies are easy to beat just rush and the FH is gone... Norse are a little more hard then that and Greek can be really hard or really easy.
The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25       
Ra FH and Egyptian Mercs are overpowered, that is a proven, official fact. But they are not so overpowered or cheap that you should just do that. Sure, mercs annoy the hell out of me, and FH isn't the easiest thing in the world to kill, but it's your loss if you forego playing altogether.

But cheer up. The patch is coming.

Firestormz
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 00:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 25       
yes amen to the patch.

ESO names: THP_Halestorm, Halestorm
Ranking: 1800+ with my one eyed god, Odin
"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
~~~~Pwned big time ~~~~

Zasten
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 02:17 AM EDT (US)     8 / 25       
Barrett-

Sounds like you just need to disable call waiting for the duration of your online session. Generally that's done by having your modem dial *70 (or 1170) prior to dialing the number to your ISP.

Oh, and to keep this on topic....no I will never automatically resign against anyone. They must actually beat me to win

MaDsTer
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 02:38 AM EDT (US)     9 / 25       
I wish i had more time to analyse this (maybe next time) but as i tested and by others telling,by play poseidon,not only u can hold on on ra's rush but probably gonna overcome easily.just try it
Funky_Chicken
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 03:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 25       
If you quit against ra players, it will just encourage them. If you win against them then they might try something else and there will be one less RA player around.
joneshk
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 05:43 AM EDT (US)     11 / 25       
I am a RA player and RA FH really not beatable,(as I always got killed) just you get the way or not, just see the top player and you can know RA is no longer rule, see some record game and you will get the way to do it.
Solver
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 07:43 AM EDT (US)     12 / 25       
Grr, I'm sick of this. Ra FH is not imbalanced, it's just a powerful strategy. It can be countered, unlike the Teuton TC push in AoK.

And, for the record, I'm a RA player, but still will not go for FH most of the time.

ES, just why do you have to listen to whiners?

Solver, a proud Age community veteran.
ODB
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 08:56 AM EDT (US)     13 / 25       
Solver-
Of course you are goint to say FH is not imbalanced. YOU ARE A RA PLAYER!!!! I can't wait for the patch to come out just for people like you. And about the whinning......FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!

NOW WHAT!!

joneshk
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 09:33 AM EDT (US)     14 / 25       
ODB and Drench19, be claim first, I play many god include RA, and really don't think RA is unbeatable, all god I can get around 18xx rating, and there is many record game show you how to beat RA, even the strongest RA player lost his 1st place now, so why don't you try it?
MattTheGreat_II
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 10:28 AM EDT (US)     15 / 25       
I killed a 1780 Ra player by doing a 5:20 classical with loki and getting raiding calvary with axeman later. I attacked at 6 minutes and he wasnt able to attain the resources to heroic. He was done for even though he put up a good fight being 1800, even though in the end I win.

Matt the Great II
My n00bish little underscore will kill you!
Member of the LTR Clan
SaveroK
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 10:43 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25       
No, I love playing Ra!

I boycott mediterreanean.

Maximus_
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 10:53 AM EDT (US)     17 / 25       
I play as Ra, but who gives a crap about Ra FH, it's all about fast classical At least for me

\\ Maximus //
0=]============[=0
Amazing Persón Extróidinare
Msn/Email:Mrnobody010@hotmail.com
.°*˜Phantom Warriors˜*°.
˜*°.°*˜˜*°.°*˜
fhertlein
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 11:01 AM EDT (US)     18 / 25       
I play as random, and when Ra shows up, I know the other player is thinking here comes another FH. But I don't use it, because I do not pull it off properly, and I enjoy attacking with barrack units, etc.

It will be interesting to see what happens once the nerfing patch comes out.

I would recommend that you stay in the game until the person has pulled the FH. Because you might have run into me with Ra drawn as random, and would have a chance at handing me my hinny.

"The devil and the priest can't exist if one goes away, its just like the battle of the sun and moon, night and day. The force of the devil is what we are told to fear. Watch out for religion when he gets too near."
"Living in a world of fantasy, I can hide behind what's real."
"Behind a smile, there's danger and a promise to be told, you'll never get old. Life's fantasy, to be locked away and still to think you're free! So live for today, tomorrow never comes. Die young."
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 05:21 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25       
Man, I play Ra, nut I never do FH, one thing, I'm not very good at it (I had a go against the AI, veeeery slow, and another thing, I don't like Cheese anymore than the next player.

I was playing Ra before th FH was dicovered, so don't accuse everyone of being cheesy.

AgeMyth
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 09:47 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25       
Norse in general have a very easy time beating the FH.

When i used to play the RA FH i used to abandoned that strat when i realise im playing against a Norse.

It usually messes the other Norse player if he is trying a FH himself.

Other than that Norse have an easy time beating RA FH.

And Ya Total War: Rome is gonna be great but the game specs r gonna be crazy. Luckily i just got a new comp

Sir Magus
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 03:49 AM EDT (US)     21 / 25       
I was able to rush a Ra player with Poseidon cav once and totalled Ra armies with TA's and other Norse units twice.

They aren't that unstoppable. You just have to know when to strike.

Back from a long break, it's Magus!
Insomnia
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 04:03 AM EDT (US)     22 / 25       
Ra = lack of suprise in most cases. Occaisionally someone grows a brain and does something besides a FH and the opponent might not suspect it and be unprepared. I personally think Set of all the egyptians is best (for my style) Ra I can FH but its boring to do same thing. Plus as Set you can go for the Trifecta GP Seige Towers. I also only use 1-3 mercs max if im getting rushed early to distract while i get where I need.
kamrantu
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 11:39 AM EDT (US)     23 / 25       
I don't find Egyptian opponents difficult to beat the crap out of anymore. Got too much practice against their predictable strategies and know the economic needs very well. I love it when they make mercs... just means that they will have to get to nearby gold quicker at which point they are too starved in gold to actually take it from me.

Off course if they manage to secure the nearby gold or if I fail to scout and find some healthy gold source they are using then it's much more difficult.

Egyptians are toughest when they use all of their strengths together but very few opponents use all of the strengths... at least not together.

I find Greek opponents the hardest (probably due to least experience fighting against them).

Aetius
HG Alumnus
(id: Flavius Aetius)
posted 20 January 2003 11:51 AM EDT (US)     24 / 25       
I haven't lost too a Ra FH in quite a while. If you play as Norse then you really shouldn't have any problem taking down an equally skilled player that is attempting a FH, as he'll either continue with his FH and get totally massacred, or he'll switch to a classical army five minutes into the game causing him to be behind.

<--Aetius-->
<--Ex Angel-->
<--eX Clan - Support HG-->
<--ESO: eX_Aetius-->
Anthony III
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 02:29 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25       
What really makes me mad is when all you other players go whining, Ra is ovewrpowererd. Not all Ra players are for fast heroic. I like to just play Ra because I like the civ. The FH is beatable, if you pay enough time to do it. In aok, when one was persian, and had 40 eliete war elephants, what did you do, you build pikes. In aom, when a person builds all spear, what do you do, build axes. It really is not that hard.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames