You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Annoying Windows Key!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Annoying Windows Key!
Orange County
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 12:44 PM EDT (US)         
Ive often done this, while creating a group pressing CTRL I git Windows key! - bloody annoying, especially online while it lags abit when getting the screen up.

Specs: AMD64 3200+, 1GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT, 400GB HD

Feel the power!

AuthorReplies:
Scabies
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 12:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Me too. Speaking of the windows key, I usually hit it by accident when I use the ALT-Right-Click attack command. I looked in the keys configuration and can't find it. Anyone have a clue?
Toastabal
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 12:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
attack command= "a" and then left-click
formerlyknownas
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 12:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Argh, I hit that key all the time; it drives me up the wall

The most useful skill I ever learned in high school was how to BS in two languages.
Jamesthetiger
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 12:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
There used to be a program you could find on the internet that disabled the windows key, but I can't recall for sure the name.

I searched for it at CNET and came across this one...
Hope it helps.
James
http://download.com.com/3002-2347-4641644.html?tag=dir

It is only a 9K file, so if the staff here allows it, I will post it in a reply later.

Scabies
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 02:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       

Quote:

attack command= "a" and then left-click

Thanks. I used to use that command, but you can't click on the mini-map. So is there a way to change the keys for the attack command?
bigboss
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 02:49 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
If you have a Microsoft keyboard, you can install the latest Intellitype software and configure any of the "special" keys on the keyboard. It also allows you to disable any of the keys that you want, including the windows key. Very handy.

The software probably doesn't work for other brands of keyboards.

Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 03:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Those Win-keys are evil. Rip them out!
GUNS_N_ROSES
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 05:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
This is the best program I have found for Temporary Disabling the Windows Key. Just run the .exe and a window will appear. As far as the windows in open the Windows Key will not work and once you close it will work again. So just start that little proggy before you enter AOM or something.

Download it here: http://greekaoe.multiplayer.gr/files/winkey.zip

Nucleargnome
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 06:11 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
What'a a window key ( i know it sounds n00bish, but i'm not very good with Computers...)

ESO:LKS_Nuke, Nucleargnome
Current Rating:1661
Current Favourite God: Isis
Proud trainee of LKS
Syndicate123
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 06:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Download a program to disable the windows key, or learn how to use a keyboard and not hit the key all together.

Both work.

Insomnia
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 06:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Try having a Power button on your keyboard next to f12. I use my functions for most games I play UO, AoM, and 3DS Max. I hate slipping because I have 4 seconds to save any files.
Scabies
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 07:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       

Quoted from Syndicate123:

Download a program to disable the windows key, or learn how to use a keyboard and not hit the key all together.

Both work.

1)Your dl a program idea is a little too late. There are already a few posts in this very thread about it with links, which you weren't kind enough to do.
2)You can't post on this forum if you don't know how to use a keyboard can you?

Do you have other smart remarks for people who ask for help?

Insomnia, I also have a power button, but it's not as bad as yours. Mine is about 3 keys to the right of the F12 button. I also hit it by accident at times. It's wonderful when you hit it during a clan game in CS.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames