Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Mythic
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mythic
sultan_nass12
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 07:52 PM EDT (US)         
Is it my imagination or do all the "expert" players try to finish the game in classic and heroic? i f this is the case, then what's the point of the Mythic Age? If people don't think you need to upgrade to win the game, ES might has well have left it out and sold the game for 3/4 the price. Is there anything they can do to entice players to spend those extra resourses and advance. Maybe make wonders do something other than just look pretty, like make them increase morale or something?

No pain, no pain.
AuthorReplies:
einstein146
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 08:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Think of Mythic as the icing on the cake. By the time you get to Heroic you'll have the major units that will win the game for you (unless you're REALLY dependant upon a Mythic gp or myth unit).

I usually play large games, 3v3 mostly, so I usually make it to Mythic. However, when I advance it's for the new techs (and if you're Greek the unique unit).

Lost_1n_SpACe
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 08:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
and mythic gps rock.

♥♣"What happens when I do this?"-Lost_1n_SpACe's epitaph
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
ESO: ANewBite
╖Wbτ
I got my award for THE KINDEST FORUMER AT AOMH
Member of the Phantom Warriors Clan

INSANE Fanatic
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 08:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Usually it is just like einstien146 said:"the icing on the cake". The outcome of a game is usually decided in the first 10-15 minutes so it usually doesn't matter. If you have a good enough economy to not stop military production go for it. But if not probably not a good idea.
The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 09:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Not usually, fanatic.

Mythic is a good idea in an equal game. Champion upgrades can make a difference when you're popped out; mythic GPs and MUs are helpful too.

But it'd be moronic to sto making an army to do this.

KRool
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 02:20 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
And that's where i see the problem of AoM. Just my percpetion i guess, but for a game where armies of 40 to 50 man can easily be made, or even more without MUs and the like, the game is much to dependant on the early time.

Sorry, while quick attacks and containing your enemy can win you the game, long-run strategies, field battles of 4 sides, all meeting in one spot, burning 200+ units in that place, THAT wins you the fun Of course, you need the right friends, who hate early fighting too, to do this

Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 02:24 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       

Quote:

If people don't think you need to upgrade to win the game, ES might has well have left it out and sold the game for 3/4 the price.

The one thing you're forgetting is the majority of people who buy AoM will not have the slightest clue about online gaming . And also for DM/Lightning it is more fun. And it gives us that many more MU's/GP's/techs and whatnot. So just because the experts don't use it, doesn't mean no one else does. Because most of us aren't experts .

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
Past member of the orginal "Off-Topic Trio"!
Proud owner of an AoM alpha VIP!
Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
GoForGoldenJarls
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 02:27 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
DEATHMATCH!!

Triped
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 03:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
The outcome of any good RTS should be dependant on the early game. In fact, one of the major shortcomings of Warcraft III is that the economy is virtually identical every game (thus severely limiting the number of strategic options). Of course, the game should also have ample opportunity to turn the tide of the game, or else players just quit if they didn't begin the game perfectly.
The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 03:43 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       

Quote:

but for a game where armies of 40 to 50 man can easily be made, or even more without MUs and the like

that's AOK.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames