You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Lag omg!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Lag omg!!!
jitteringjr
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 00:25 AM EDT (US)         
Ok First off maybe my computer is too slow for this game but I doubt it.

I have an athlon xp2000 with 1 gig sdram using a geforce 3 ti 500 64meg with a cable connection that averages 1.5 meg per second. I believe this is 4 times the miniumum requirements in every category.

I have not played a single game here "ever" without lag with 4 or more people and I mean serious lag. I can only play 1v1 games because of this.

So has anyone else enjoyed a lag free game with more than 4 people? if so tell me what I am doing wrong.

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people" Dilbert Comic
AuthorReplies:
CheeZy
Mortal
(id: CheeZy monkey)
posted 20 January 2003 00:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
OMG OMG!!!! Lag online comes from your internet connection not your computer.

Sheesh i mean really now, what'd you expect

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
_Jesse_
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 00:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
It's not you, it's everyone else... You've got godly equipment there, but everyone else seems to have been left behind with AoM... what I mean is that their computers are outdated by AoM, and thus don't run it well.

"Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

ESO Handle: TheBandit / Sab0tage

Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 00:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
When a game with many players runs slowly it can be because of any of the systems involved. Still, are there any special symptoms that show up when it does get slow? Like a lot of harddrive access or whatever that is noticeable. And what kind of lag is it? Lag is sometimes used to describe very different problems, and not just network latency wich is its true meaning.
DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 20 January 2003 00:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       

Quote:

Lag online comes from your internet connection not your computer.

For the most part ^

DK
Lord_ako
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 06:39 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I had extreme lag in 2v2's as well I have a lesser comp then you have though, 1200mhz AMD, 256 RAM, geforce2 MX 64MB video , asdl/isdn connection.
Still I thought my comp should be able to handle it, well it doesnt, untill I put the resolution down to 1024x786.
So try fiddling with your resolution if all else fails.
MythicFox
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 10:11 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I never lag in 1v1s or 2v2s

and i have AOL

try Market Score

Flammifer
Hero
posted 20 January 2003 10:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
this has some good tips to reduce lag. Pay attention to the red/yellow dots and turtles by players names. The dots represent high and moderate latency and the turtle indicates the person's comp can't handle it.
jitteringjr
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 06:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Flammifer, thanks for the MFO tips. I have had the problem however using the lowest and the highest resolution settings. I have also never played with anyone that didn't have a green ping which is supposed to be the best.

btw Monkey cheese must think that if you have a 486/33 cpu with a T3 connection you would be able to play AOM like speed skaters gliding across the ice. Heck I dont know why anyone would even spend money on a 3ghz cpu when only the internet connection lags you on line.

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people" Dilbert Comic

[This message has been edited by jitteringjr (edited 01-20-2003 @ 06:37 PM).]

Crazyleggz
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 10:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I rarely get lagged, maybe you should play games with me. And thanks for that link Flammifer, maybe I'll have less lag if I change some of my settings....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames