You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » building a bridge
Bottom
Topic Subject:building a bridge
terry_gr
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 10:41 AM EDT (US)         
Can anyone give me a hint on how to build a bridge to cross a canion or a river ?
AuthorReplies:
ODB
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 10:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
sure......you can't!
Error403
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 10:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I wish you could... that would be so cool.

How hard would it be to code really? Just make it a specified build zone that can only have bridges built on it, make them uber expencive, and instead of the build animations going vertical, just make it horizontal.

Ok maybe it's not THAT simple, but i'd still love to see AoM bridges.

Error403- Owner of the 2nd.. no, wait, now it's 3rd.. damn it it's now 4th Best computer on AoMH. I give up... I've been pwned
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 08:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
I think ES have mentioned somewhere why they didn't put bridges in AoK...I imagine the reasons would be similar for AoM...the mass result being it's a lot of work to not add anything to gameplay.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
formerlyknownas
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 09:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
What, you mean coolness doesn't get any points?

Just kidding though, that's what transport ships are for

The most useful skill I ever learned in high school was how to BS in two languages.
Error403
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 09:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       

Quote:

I think ES have mentioned somewhere why they didn't put bridges in AoK...I imagine the reasons would be similar for AoM...the mass result being it's a lot of work to not add anything to gameplay.

Not add anything to gameplay? It's a heck of a lot easier to march across a bridge instead of putting ships back and fourth all the time.. they arn't sunk as easily (thus losing all units) and they can be used as blocks for enemy fishing ships.

I think it would be a good addition, just make a wall that people can walk on and instead of only being built on land, make it so it can't be built on land.

Of course you would change the wall animation...

Error403- Owner of the 2nd.. no, wait, now it's 3rd.. damn it it's now 4th Best computer on AoMH. I give up... I've been pwned
Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 09:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       

Quote:

It's a heck of a lot easier to march across a bridge instead of putting ships back and fourth all the time.. they arn't sunk as easily (thus losing all units) and they can be used as blocks for enemy fishing ships.

Incidentally, both those things may also be preferable to avoid. Bridges could be used to block off access by ships and lessen the need for ships at the same time. Water could risk becoming even less important, wich is something I don't think would be a good move.

The_Avenger772
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 10:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
And even if they had bridges that ships can go under (which did NOT exist in ancient times), there's not much point.. it'd make water less important, and it might spoil the point of particular maps (like river nile).
BSR
Mortal
posted 21 January 2003 00:02 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Pathfinding through narrow areas being what it is, transports may actually be superior to moving units across bridges (if there were any).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames