You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » purposely OoS for a win
Bottom
Topic Subject:purposely OoS for a win
proq
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 04:46 PM EDT (US)         
I been trying to figure out how people do it and I found out one possible way that works sometimes... I won't be telling anyone for obvious reasons, but It works most of the time in winme and below, and hardly works in XP I don't know about win2k... You could always cause an OoS on purpose, but you won't always get the points for it. You get the points more often with the older versions of Windows for unknown reasons. I don't think it's possible for ES to stop this unless they improve how their code and speed things up more. The more they work towards less lag, the more they can prevent this trick from becoming successful. The slower your computer, the better the chance it will be done to you successfully.

Proud member of Tsunami Studios
as a
scripter of some sort
ESO: Zeusthor
AuthorReplies:
shironinja
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 04:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
What is the point of this post?
proq
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 04:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
information...

as a
scripter of some sort
shironinja
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 04:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Then it has performed poorly.
proq
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 05:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
sounds like you would rather me post how it's done so ESO can become some type of counter strike RTS where most players cheat to win.

as a
scripter of some sort
Flank
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 05:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
yeah, oos has always been a problem with rts games. Luckily, very few people know how to do it, and most of the people that do know will not do it.
proq
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 05:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
I just read MFO's droptricking article and it does work because wait has to be sent several times so the dropper's AOM knows to wait... if the dropper's AOM doesn't recieve the wait command, you lost your points. In a normal OoS pressing wait once would work, but the droptricker's modified speed doesn't recieve the wait command as easily.

as a
scripter of some sort
Scabies
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 05:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
What is OoS?

Also:

Quote:

sounds like you would rather me post how it's done so ESO can become some type of counter strike RTS where most players cheat to win.

Although it is a serious problem, most people do not cheat in Counter-Strike. It is the most popular online game and therefore you will have a lot of cheaters, and unfortunately too many for my comfort. A lot of "super" players get accused of cheating but the truth is, they are just that good. On the bright side, the best players in the world have no way of cheating since they have to physically come to a LAN location and compete. Moreover, CS is not the only game riddled with cheaters. For example, the map-hack in StarCraft ruined Battlenet for me.

Cazbr
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 05:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
OoS means Out Of Sync. (I think)

All true stories end in death.
shironinja
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 06:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Yes proq. As a coder (in the industry for the past 3 years) and in general for the better part of my life I need YOU to tell me how to mess with the stream of data. Thanks big guy. </sarcasm>
shironinja
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 06:31 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
ps: this post FAILS because it generates more interest for forcing games OoS. This thread, and any like it, might as well be deleted.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames