You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.89 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » A question about RA for the ES folks.
Bottom
Topic Subject:A question about RA for the ES folks.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
DClay
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 00:40 AM EDT (US)         
Are you guys going to give the priest a higher empowerment rate in future patch?? Ra is really pathetic. I've been playing exclusively RA for over a week and all things considered (God powers, econ, military) he is just aweful. Ra is the least used civ and for good reason, has the worse winning percentage with only Zeus even close to losing as much as RA. Ra was designed to be an Econ powerhoue with average God powers but now Ra just has a decent Econ , same crappy GPs , and their unit bonus comes from the expensive Migdol. I just find it hard to beleive that you guys STILL think RA is just fine and dandy. There is only one change We want thats all we ask ONE CHANGE. increase the priest empowerment rate 10% is too low. 15% or 20% should be more like it.
AuthorReplies:
Mokon
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 06:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 89       
RA is still very good he has one of the most powerful eco's and has a great army yo back it up

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Dark_nation
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 08:18 AM EDT (US)     2 / 89       
    mokon is right

Anarchist!
    ---------------------
    ESO: Dark_Nation
    Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 08:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 89       
    yeah its funny how a lot of the egy ppl think egy is underpowered while they are in my opionion the strongest

• Jon4isu
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 09:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 89       
    While I don't think that Ra is really all that bad, I do agree with DClay. Giving back some priest empowerment would let me be able to scout with my pharaoh again and pick up relics without sacrificing my economy. With Ra you already start behind and not having your pharaoh empower food from the start really hurts.
    Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 09:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 89       
    relics make little differance...... pre 1.04 fox elite got the relics in his advance.....

• LegolasTheElf
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 09:54 AM EDT (US)     6 / 89       
    Grab the relics in your perimeter and go about your usual empowerin stuff.....EliteX method.
    Learn how to use Ra instead of just whining about him. Mokon is right. The RaFH may be out, but Ra still has quite a few options left. Ra was overnerfed mind you. Still 10% empowering is better than no empowering.
    Ra is good but he was better, way better.

"You see! That is the key! Unity after division! Why did the Greek city states survive, and defeat the mighty Persians? And so it has come to pass... Now humanity is united. But when they look back, all they will remember is your idealism, your cries for unification. The will look back at the present as an age of war and division. That is why you will survive.
    And when they build their statues, they will build none for us......."
    Phat Fox
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 10:03 AM EDT (US)     7 / 89       
    You guys are all right. I agree with you LegolasTheElf and Mokon. But how dose ra compete with set? He cant. I mean even if it was 15 or 20% empowerering rate would be lots. would people really care? They dont play ra and ra pretty mcuh got nerfed. I think its time we should Beff him up just a bit.

AOM Titan Info.
    Rating: 1650+
    Civ. : #1 Thor #2 kronos #3 Odin
    ESO : Blunt_69 aka CV_KiNGPiN
    The Golden Arm
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 10:03 AM EDT (US)     8 / 89       
    I play Ra, i still scout with the Priest, then go Classical and scout futher with a Spear or 2.

I dont see why ES nerfed the priest empowering though. It would be nice to have 15%.

Although he is still the king of Economy in AOM. Once Ra gets rolling hes pretty good.

ESO =AoA_Disarm_,pR150n_53X
    Other Nicks IamDisarm ,When_Apes_Attack ,Run_With_Scissors ,Testament ,The_Golden_Arm ,
    Have no way as way
    Have no limitations as limitations - Bruce Lee

Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 10:04 AM EDT (US)     9 / 89       
    The ra FH is still posible...... I think the main porblem is it counter , loki odin and set now are the favoites

• The Golden Arm
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 10:08 AM EDT (US)     10 / 89       
    The Ra FH is possible, but it leaves you wide open for rushers, and lets face it in this game 80% of your opponents are going to rush, or at least raid you. There is just something missing with Ra, thats why people dont really play him.

ESO =AoA_Disarm_,pR150n_53X
    Other Nicks IamDisarm ,When_Apes_Attack ,Run_With_Scissors ,Testament ,The_Golden_Arm ,
    Have no way as way
    Have no limitations as limitations - Bruce Lee

DClay
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 10:28 AM EDT (US)     11 / 89       
    Set and Isis can both Fh better than Ra and thats sad considering Ra is suppose to have a better econ. Isis its cheaper to upgrade stuff and to age up and set can age quickly becuase they mostly build slingers and convert animals. The 10% rate is just too low considering the priest is taking up pop slots that empower rate isn't all that great.
    Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 11:07 AM EDT (US)     12 / 89       
    dclay.... no ra still has the best eco and can fh fastest

• iamgameguy
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 11:30 AM EDT (US)     13 / 89       
    set can "hunt" the whole time too....so he can get there very fast, but i agree, ra still beats him out by a little with rain. the only problem is now that set IMO is more powerful in heroic then ra.
    Hansson
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 11:34 AM EDT (US)     14 / 89       
    I always forget what the patches do so please enlighten me... what made Ra go from dominating and super-overpowered (according to the posters here) to absolutely worthless and pathetic? The only thing I can think of is a little more expensive Migdol upgrades. Was the Rain made worse too?
    svede
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 11:35 AM EDT (US)     15 / 89       
    Ra was not nerfed nearly as much as many eggy players would have you believe...he can still have quite a powerful eco and very formidable army.....I congratulate ES for such a good "nerf" (just the right amount)...

The problem with Ra vs Set is NOT with Ra, but with Set being simply WAY overpowered....

thx
    svede

Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 11:36 AM EDT (US)     16 / 89       
    worse farming to.....

HOWEVER he is not underpowered...... hes at the right level now

• signalfires
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 11:51 AM EDT (US)     17 / 89       
    With Ra, I sometimes empower all five Monuments, as this really does bring the favour in nice and fast. Naturally, you sacrafice a lot of population space to do this, for both the priests and in turn the myth units created from the favour. For that reason I tend to keep this fun little "strategy" for team games, where I like to create lots of Wadjets. Only 150 wood, 15 favour, which I find very reasonable. Plus their wings fluttering when they die is hilarious
    goodbaby
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 12:19 PM EDT (US)     18 / 89       
    Who said Ra has the best eco may have not played Ra.
    The 10% empowering rate will only affect in a very short period.Because a priest occupy 2 pop,100g,it's about same cost for 2 vills.
    For a drop site which have 10 vills there,you add 1 priest you get 10% resource faster.You add 2 vills you get resource 20% faster.So priest so useless on empowering if you think about pop.
    The only use of priest empowering is before you reaching pop limit and TC is always busy pumping vills. It's a very short period as Egypt.Normally I have 2 priest empowering gold and wood(pharoh on food).Start from 5:00 and at 10:00 or 11:00 i will be popped.In the 6:00 I am like to have 1.5 more vills working(about 5 vills on wood and 10 vills on gold,if more vill on gold,i will send them to other site and no priest).Egypt vills gather gold and wood at a rate at 0.95/s.Basicly I got 450 vill seconds so about 450 resource.I spend 200g on priest.It's still a deal,but can it make Ra's economic the best?
    The civ which has best economic is norse.Probabaly Thor(I am not sure) but even loki's economic is far better than Ra's.In general,loki's village performance is 30% higher than Ra.I have made a post on MFO and calculated very carefully by one of my game played a loki.( i will find it out later).
    Ra's midgol unit is ignorable too.I played another game(3v3),on my side is an Ra player too.He FH and pumped camel+CA army.His rate is 50 higher than me but if not his partner come to save him,he could be owned by me.10% more HP is nice but comparing with odin's +20% hp on all unit from hillfort,poseidon's -10% cost on a unit,10% more HP is not big bonus.
    Monument cheaper:Is it a big bonus?Any egypt civ can build a monument from the very beginning.

4% games use Ra and 44% or 45% winning rate can tell something.

Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 12:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 89       
    He does have one of the best ecos....

He gets priest which while they arn't pop eff. for later eco prevent centaur and valk raids
    First food is the rarest res early on.... He gets rain.....

He can go with Phat which give him cheaper farms.... Which makes a big diffence

He can go with Bast which gives him a big boost

He can go with hathor who gets locus swarm which while it doesn't help his eco can devastate other ppls eco

his units are cheap which boost his eco even more......

he gets skin of rhino thus his villagers dont die as often

also i am not the only one who says ra's eco is one of the best.... es has said that it is tied for the top with 2 others

as for the monument thing his is the most eff to get early on.

thanx mokon

• goodbaby
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 12:41 PM EDT (US)     20 / 89       
    finally I find it out.Too bad MFO has no search function. http://www.mrfixitonline.com/readTopic.asp?PostingId=1248742 .

The game data could have been lost since it's 2 or 3 weeks ago.But the numbers I mention are all true.When the post is just out,there are people checking.

goodbaby
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 01:03 PM EDT (US)     21 / 89       
    You should notice you can only select one between Ptah and Bast.
    About shaduf,have you ever calculate about how much you spend and how much you can get pay back?200w and 10 favor to get each farm 23g cheaper.If you dont count 10 favor,it's about 9 farms to make it break even.Normally I have 16-20 farms in long term.Still,it's a deal,but is it so significant?I dont know how to count favor's value.
    If you are talking about god power,I can tell you Ra has the weakest god power for classic and heroic age.
    Check then myth unit use rate,wadjet and sphinx are least used means in public most egypt avoid choose these two minor god while Ra can only choose one from these 2.
    Locust warm can kill about 6 farms.As a heroic god power,I say it's very weak.If you cast walking tree in opponent's TC i bet it will make more damage than locust warm.A curse can turn 8 units into pig.Let's say the cheapest unit:spearman which cost 70 resource.You can waste 560 resource instantly and you out number your opponent.6 farm is 450 resource and of course you wasted some vill seconds.But even a bad use of curse is a better god power than locust warm on economic(not counting the military effect yet).
    I dont know how many players get skin of rhino.I dont see a lot.It takes very long time to research and in late game I always forget it.
    Es's words mostly have good credit but this one...
    Least used and least winning rate among hundred thousands of games.I think that is the best test.There is no test can be better than real games.At least for now,I didnt see the power of Ra can make it top 3 god.And there is no Ra player in top 100.If there is one,please show me.
    Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 01:08 PM EDT (US)     22 / 89       
    Phat tech is really good.... Expecally when in late gaems the raiders kill ur farms....... in higher rated they are targeted.....

WW does little to no damage... all u got to do is run one villie across the map no to metion 1 greek hero with a liitle support can take em all out......

Quote:

I dont know how many players get skin of rhino.I dont see a lot.It takes very long time to research and in late game I always forget it.

It is very important... i suggest u get it..... it will save villies during raids.... thus giveing u a better eco... VERY GOOD

Thanx Mokon

• Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 01:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 89       
    Also the reason he has a low win perc is cause every on thinks he is useless now and mostly rooks are using him....

As for ppl in the top 100 with ra

FOX_EliTeX, L_Clan_Chris, ShiauTz, Koreanmachine_, rO_Oa, Zico_70..... That is only for the top 25 whos favoite is ra... many other use ra a lot

Thanx mOkon

• goodbaby
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 01:17 PM EDT (US)     24 / 89       
    Oh man,i have to say all you mentioned is pre patch 1.03.
    After that nobody use Ra in top 100.
    Can you find any of these you mentioned played Ra after patch 1.03?
    I cant believe you use Fox_Elitex as your figure.His last game happened in Feb.He is a great player but his Ra FH strategy killed Ra.
    I hope you are not mean to use out of date figure to prove your point.
    goodbaby
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 01:19 PM EDT (US)     25 / 89       
    Except fox_elitex,all you mentioned use Set or any other civ after patch 1.03.Can you find any top 100 player use ra recently?
    iamgameguy
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 01:45 PM EDT (US)     26 / 89       
    mokon, can we see a rec. game of you showing RA's best economy in the game?
    goodbaby
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 02:00 PM EDT (US)     27 / 89       
    No,mokon cant.He lost to 1660 player as Ra.
    Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 02:07 PM EDT (US)     28 / 89       
    ROFL i barly ever play ra so DUH i'm going to loose

That doesn't mean Ra has a bad eco

as for the 100 current one i garentee i could find one if i had the tool but i not about to go through em all by hand

• Mokon
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 02:09 PM EDT (US)     29 / 89       
    oh yeah iamgameguy i don't play him much so i cant but ask a es person to show u.... they said he is tied for first with two others

• goodbaby
    Mortal
    posted 25 April 2003 02:11 PM EDT (US)     30 / 89       
    So in fact you dont know about Ra but you talked like an expert.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames