You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Should The Resign Button Be Removed?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Should The Resign Button Be Removed?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
JetSolo
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 07:47 PM EDT (US)         
Every so often you beat an opponent and before you enjoy taking out his villies and tc - "He resigns".

I dont know about you, but it gets rather annoying when you take out a Loki Forward Base or a group of Sets animals - and then they just "Resign".

Should the resign button be removed?

Or maybe the enemy has to offer a surrender like the computer does. That way you can decide if your opponent should survive.

I believe there should be an option to disable the "Resign" button.

[This message has been edited by JetSolo (edited 04-25-2003 @ 07:48 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Ignacio
Mortal
posted 27 April 2003 10:45 AM EDT (US)     31 / 34       
didnt u have a market?? didnt u have a tc??? couldnt you try to find some food relic? ;-)

Odin user since Nov. 15 (before 1.02 patch!)
golfnut
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 02:19 PM EDT (US)     32 / 34       
In rated no, but I agree with Jet that someone hosting an advanced setup game should have the option of turning off resign. I can count on one hand the amount of 2v2 or 3v3 advanced setup up games where they have gone full cycle. Most of the time you end up getting left out to dry by your teammate resigning for no reason or beating the snot out of some poor guy who's teammate dropped on him.
Firestormz
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 02:35 PM EDT (US)     33 / 34       
I was ready to shoot my computer in hope of killing my allie last night ina team game. It was a 3vs3 and I had 2 lokis on my team. They decided to do a hersir rush and forward build quite far away from their own. I built at home to suppourt them. ANyways their rushes go ok first, but quite quickly the opponents have defeated the rushes. I tell them to rebuild a army, or rebuild a mill.base at home, but noooooo. They insist on resigning since their rush didnt work. I was sooo mad, and they still had the nerve to blame the whole affair on me since in their oppinion I was the weakest link for not forward building and resigning straight after the failed rush...

ESO names: THP_Halestorm, Halestorm
Ranking: 1800+ with my one eyed god, Odin
"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
~~~~Pwned big time ~~~~

LutherX
Mortal
posted 29 April 2003 01:07 AM EDT (US)     34 / 34       
*Starts game... blah blah goes Classical, ready to fight...* oh no! my kid just puked in his bed, gotta go...
Aaargh where did that @^!*@#$ resign button go???

I know what Jet means tho, about when say another Norse rushes me and I fight them off, then I go to take down their forward and they just resign and oh I so wanted to tear that base down! It's like they hit you and run away before you can hit back. I consider them the 'cheap' Norse players who are just looking for a quick win. Looking at it like that, it's ok, because if I'm up against a cheapie I'd rather just get him out of the way and on to my next victim

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames