You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » High 1800+ Egypt, doesnt it get very tiresome??
Bottom
Topic Subject:High 1800+ Egypt, doesnt it get very tiresome??
Lokipower
Mortal
posted 26 April 2003 06:04 PM EDT (US)         
I find egypt in general to be very micro-intensive. Pharaoh, Priest micro, plus the fact that you have to carefully plan every building you make because they take forever to build. I played a lot of Norse and Greek, then egypt to 1750+ and I must say the focus I put on my Egypt econ I never have to put on say my Greek econ, since its so much easier to task vill everywhere on the map then forget about them. Am I doing something wrong here or are egypt in fact just much more intensive micro-wise??
AuthorReplies:
Flank
Mortal
posted 26 April 2003 06:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
I have not noticed a difference. I find AOM to be very un-micro-intensive compared to aok so i think that any difference between the races is negligable. I would not worry about trying to micro everything, you just cant do it and it just is not worth the effort.
Lokipower
Mortal
posted 26 April 2003 06:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Obviously you havent tried playing Set :P
Matei
Mortal
posted 26 April 2003 06:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
It is sort of, but you get used to it after a while I think. The Pharaoh mostly has to stand around, and the Priest is no harder to control than an Ulfsark except he's slower. You have to get used to building things slower and gathering non-empowered resources slower, however. It's probably hardest to switch to if you were Norse.

Playing Set is probably the hardest thing to do micro-wise, so if you want to try him you'll have to invest quite a bit of time to practice. He has to manage a priest and villagers, create and task apes, convert animals, and maybe build a monument and houses or a dock all at the same time. It's easy to find your TC or villagers idle for a while or have your apes standing around your Pharaoh.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
AgeMyth
Mortal
posted 26 April 2003 07:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
lol ....sets even worse to micro and that sort of thing but if u can multitaks good then set is your overpowered god.
Que2
Mortal
posted 26 April 2003 08:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
I have been saying this for so long and people never listen. Norse is much easier to play than Egypt, especially Set. The biggest annoyance is how buildings build so slow. A pharaoh is almost required to build anything (and get it up) vs a good player, otherwise you can keep coming back to your Migdol as it's being built... "It's not done yet?!?!" Ok I come back in 30 seconds. "Still not done?" Ok I come back... "WTF, its only halfway done?" Geez by now he has found it and attacking. Seriously, the Egypt spread so slowly, esp compared to Norse.

Its kool though... part of the game.

GOTD_FireCobra
Mortal
posted 27 April 2003 01:06 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Slow building buildins, but they are a LOT stronger than those of most other civs. (Plus, they don't cost wood.)
Flank
Mortal
posted 27 April 2003 08:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
lokipower, when using set use the shift key to que your priest(s) so that they convert multiple animals without interference from you.
Jack the Crude
Mortal
posted 27 April 2003 11:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       

Quote:

It's probably hardest to switch to if you were Norse.

Not true, i was a Norse player, and i'm now a 1700+ Isis player. At first i admit i played abit badly, but after abit of practice (About 10+ games), Egypt tends to be pretty easy to play.

Jack the Crude (DeaconCrude, Mishas_Lover)
Proud Senator of The Deacon Empire.
ESO Rating: 1700+

Miain
Mortal
posted 27 April 2003 11:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
cobra what the hell are you on?their about 10-100hp more except midgol which is 200more than greek and 400more than norse i think.
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 27 April 2003 12:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Egypt really requirs more micro.
Because
1. The villages are slower so you have to pump more vills(more time you have to care both economic and military).
2. Counter units means only if you use them on the right unit they will be effective,otherwise they are totally useless.For example: Slinger+spear vs toxote + hippikon.If greek player dont do micro either toxote or hippikon still do same damage to egypt player.Egypt player has to micro to get the slinger bonus and spear bonus.
3.Empowering: to ultralize your economic,you have to use empower correctly,especially pharoh.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames