Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » About Set
Bottom
Topic Subject:About Set
PrtN_Poshwa
Mortal
(id: Sarupo)
posted 28 April 2003 08:12 AM EDT (US)         
After playing Set a bit I've realized a few things.

- It is incredibly hard to micro, so all the people who can micro him well deserve there spots.
- Hades has an incredibly hard time because of no ceasefire.
- Most of the time its not a priest converting stuff that wins, but masses of monkeys. I think that monkeys are the only overpowered things about Set(except for Eles+RHinos).
- Walls can slow down a Set animal rush very easily. Try making an extra Ulf or take 1-2 villies off res and build some walls.
- Use more than 5 villies to counter 13 animals!
- He is overpowered on water, taking out docks in archiac is waaaaay overpowered.
- In Eggie vs Eggie, its all about getting more slingers. Set gets them the fastest+they're stronger.

I think that only a few things should be done to Set is make the slinger bonus be +10% HP for slingers, monkeys cost 4(or 5) favor, and conversion of bigger animals slower.

Proud member of the PrtN Clan

Current rating 1700-1800
"Who cares about the 1800 smurfs, their easy. Now the 1900 ones are a different story.........."-Me
AuthorReplies:
Maniaphobia
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 08:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Those are some good tips in taking out Set players, I have never really experienced an expert Set player, so I don't really have an idea about what all the fuss is about. But I heard somewhere that Thor's Pig Sticker tech, eats Set's animals up like no other, is this true?(i don't play Thor often). I've also found that his animal's arn't too resistant to pierce attacks, so if he gets near to your TC, it should be able to take them out fairly easily (with the help of a few vills). Another thing that I am wondering is why don't Set's animals give food (I thought that they did, except for a few games ago when they didn't), I think that would be alot better.

............................................................................................................................
ESO- Maniaphobia/Hadephobia(Odin)/Thalassophobia(Possy)
Highest ESO Rating- 1801.63!!
Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated ****************************************************************
............................................................................................................................
Mr_Boingy
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 08:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
That's a good question really...

I don't mind these Set players sending 5 rhinos in archaic at me if I can use them as food....

And the damn apes.

They won't have to nerf the animals or Set at all if that was the case.

Firestormz
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 10:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Set isnt that hard to micro in the end. I mean I stink at eggies in general, but I still managed to have 4 rhios, a few monkies, a lion or 2 and some slingers in my opponents base at just under 6 minutes...

ESO names: THP_Halestorm, Halestorm
Ranking: 1800+ with my one eyed god, Odin
"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
~~~~Pwned big time ~~~~

Mr_Boingy
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 12:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Yeah you're right.. all u do is shift right click on a whole bunch of animals and u've got them by the time u get to classical.

However, it's a nice bonus and u don't wanna nerf Set by making it take much longer or filling up pop space (which isn't a prob at that early stage anyway) or whatever.

But it should be a double edged sword.

If u fluff up the Set rush with a few rhinos etc, u are giving your opponent quite a bit of food (and hunting with Hunting Dogs is real fast, esp if u are Odin).

Just in the same way that if u are Loki and do a very early rush and u muck it up, u are on the back foot.

Currently, Set gets the animals and wacks them into the base at 6 mins backed up by slingers or whatever.

If it fails, ahh well, nothing really lost.

Currently it just seems a plus-plus bonus. U can take them back to eat or u can use them as troops.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames