You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What civsdomnate each skill level?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What civsdomnate each skill level?
PrtN_Poshwa
Mortal
(id: Sarupo)
posted 28 April 2003 08:24 AM EDT (US)         
After viewing stats and stuff I realized a few things.

-Under 1600: Ra, Zeus and Hades. Why?
After going into a nOOb room as a smurf I asked why everyone was ra, hades, and zeus. They said that experts say that nOOb should play those civs. I think thta this makes up for Zeus', Hades', and Ra's low win%.

1600-1700: Loki people who follow builds(not including smurfs).
Most of the people who play in 1600-1700 are Loki who follow a build order.

1700-1800: Odin, a few good Loki, some Isis+poseidon
Odin now dominates because of his good econ, and there are the good loki rushers, then Isis has made a small comeback, and Poseiodn has always been there.

1800-1900: Odin, Poseidon, some Isis, and a little Set+Loki.
After checking stats I found that most 1800+ people play Odin and Poseidon. I saw a few Isis and some Set+Loki.

1900+: Set, and I've seen a few good thor around.

Proud member of the PrtN Clan

Current rating 1700-1800
"Who cares about the 1800 smurfs, their easy. Now the 1900 ones are a different story.........."-Me
AuthorReplies:
Maniaphobia
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 08:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
I would have to say that your findings are quite accurate (in my opinion). Im 1800 - 1900, and a heavy Odin player, and I notice there are alot who play Odin in this range. Although I have been recently seeing a few high Zeus players. Nice work Poshwa, it must have been fun being sort of an under-cover news reporter, ie smurfing to ask N00bs questions about players :P

............................................................................................................................
ESO- Maniaphobia/Hadephobia(Odin)/Thalassophobia(Possy)
Highest ESO Rating- 1801.63!!
Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated ****************************************************************
............................................................................................................................
DarkFlame
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 09:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
You won't get above 1630 with a build order. It's very hard to climb the ladder when you're around 1620 (2 1800+ smurfs in 4 games!). don't get me wrong, I usually hover around 1690

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
I blame these purple things.
GFWL: NilePenguin
Phat Fox
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 09:27 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Yea thatis true. Alot of newbs play Ra.

AOM Titan Info.
Rating: 1650+
Civ. : #1 Thor #2 kronos #3 Odin
ESO : Blunt_69 aka CV_KiNGPiN
poppy123
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 09:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Below 1700 and i really see a mix of civs, i ve never reached 1700 with Supremacy yet, and the gods you play mostly

in order

Loki
Odin are by far the most popular

then Greek

then Eygptian, minus Ra, have not played Ra for ages

I hear this internets pretty good. I was thinking of buying one

[This message has been edited by poppy123 (edited 04-28-2003 @ 09:42 AM).]

Phat Fox
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 09:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
As i play more and more games im seeing more ra and isis. I am also seeing less loki which kinda sadens me because it is fun to defend a rush.

AOM Titan Info.
Rating: 1650+
Civ. : #1 Thor #2 kronos #3 Odin
ESO : Blunt_69 aka CV_KiNGPiN
dragons89
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 10:19 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
I think this is quite accurate. However, while there still is a dominating god, the lower ratings usually have a good deal of everything. The higher rating you get, the less variety in civs there are.

Give me money, and I might feel generous enough to say something kind.
--My The Ultimate AOK Guide--
--My The Ultimate AOM Guide
Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 28 April 2003 11:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
darkflame you can get 1800+ with build orders..
signalfires
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 11:46 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
I am hovering at the 1600 mark (after 130+ games!) and I play Hades and Ra, interesting...
EverGlader
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 12:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
yeh i see a lot 1700+ players who resgn when you kill there starting ulf cos it affects there build order :s
goodbaby
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 01:15 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
How come so many guys saying it's "accurate"?
Noob/newbies normally play against noob/newbie.If they can maintain a score level,then their winning rate will be about 50%,or they get higher or lower.
Experts's winning rate is high but if they really keep playing on one account,their winning rate will going forward to 50%,getting closer and closer.

Civ winning rate will not be affected by the player rate.Any player who play a rated game is playing against a player around his rate(same skill level).

BTW,in 1600-1700 range,there are very few Ra,Zeus or hades.Actually there are more odin and loki,poseidon because it's easy to find out build orders about these civ.Set is a strong civ but it wont be good for sub 1700 player.

Artemis_Fowl
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 05:33 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
I disagree with your opinions. I think Set is played with all players, even newbs, because they think they can get a high rating with him.

BTW, I play Hades and I'm 1752.

Practice makes perfect,but nobody's perfect,so why practice?
"We strive to utilize a variety of techniques to accomplish a broad spectrum of results towards the bottom line."

Que2
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 09:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
I think your opinion is spot on. Any Set I have ever played in the <1800 with a few exceptions sucked horribly and did not know how to play the civ at all. I am sure they switch back to an easier civ after a few games
AgeMyth
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 10:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
yup sexy dean is right....i copied pg_fire's build order and got up to 1800+. But i guess u gotta know how to adapt.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames