You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Does anybody know the background of IamShiautz?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Does anybody know the background of IamShiautz?
Kevin06906
Mortal
posted 04 June 2003 04:41 PM EDT (US)         
Weird question, but does anybody know like where he is from, what age is he, and is anybody friends with him?

ESO Username: BoC_PLEX
AuthorReplies:
Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 04 June 2003 04:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
From Taiwan, 23 years old, played aoc, is in UD clan, set player mainly.
Aetius
HG Alumnus
(id: Flavius Aetius)
posted 04 June 2003 05:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
He's a Taiwanese player that plays in the same internet cafe as Jordan (L_Clan_JCool). Jordan was the one who taught him how to play AoM. Pretty interesting that they are now #1/#2 on ESO.

<--Aetius-->
<--Ex Angel-->
<--eX Clan - Support HG-->
<--ESO: eX_Aetius-->
a_screen_name
Banned
posted 04 June 2003 07:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
isnt that a bit of a weird question lol...
hades27
Mortal
posted 04 June 2003 07:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
he also has big dark circles around his eyes. And when he walks around, his arms always stick out with his wrists hanging down like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons :P

- BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS!!
ESO: IamHades27

Winner of the least favorite forumer AoMH's award 2002!!
Swe_Dan
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 06:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
LOL!

Doesn't he play at home?

signalfires
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 07:19 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
lol

Why does he play in an Internet cafe? Actually how do Internet cafes run AoM - do they have loads of copies of the disc?

Swe_Dan
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 08:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
Ahhh... that is a question!

Hoho, it'd be fun to see the opponent i'm playing vs, like if he was on the comp in front of me then you could say "GG" instead of typing it...

Fobulous
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 09:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
i think the internet cafes will connect your laptops? that's the only explanation i have otherwise...illegal copies in asia is not as uncommon as you all know (i should know being Chinese myself)

i often play with my friend in his house...and let me tell you i rather play someone that i can't see because all he has to do is lean over and see what i am doing.

Nightmare7
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 03:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
i have a question: what is an internet cafe? a cafe with free wireless internet?
O1_Mike_1O
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 04:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
First Internet cafe is mostly not a cafe, they generally don't sell any food there.
Second, to play AOM, you bring your own copy of the CD. I don't think you even have to install the game. Just launch it with your CD in the drive, or soemthing like that.
oljb007
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 07:24 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
Nightmare7

"what is an internet cafe?"

not harping on you but where are you from?

Titans oljb007
Vanilla oljb007 (1684)

"am i a smurf if i beat you? Well, you are if you beat me" --isnt that the general idea of this game?

Fobulous
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 08:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       

Quote:

Second, to play AOM, you bring your own copy of the CD. I don't think you even have to install the game. Just launch it with your CD in the drive, or soemthing like that.

u have to install it on the HDD in order to play AOM..i doubt the Internet cafes will let anyone install any programs at all..

O1_Mike_1O
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 08:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
Fobulous, I don't know where you are from and if you've ever been to one, but I am 100% sure they not only allow people install games, but for some it's the only way to play.
When I played warcraft 3, I had to install it myself.
Fobulous
Mortal
posted 05 June 2003 08:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
well i hardly goto any internet cafes..not sure if there is actually any here..but if they let you install the game...don't you have to uninstall it when you are done playing?? after all it is their computer.
Newbe
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 02:00 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
Yeah I'm from Canada, There might be an internet cafe around here but I've never been able to find one. I always wondered what they were like.

What countrys are they really popular in?

outrage_AOM
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 02:10 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
This may be a shock to some of you, but in asia 90% of people play games at internet cafe's.

Basically like how most westerners go down to the the pub on a friday night and have a few beers, asians go to internet cafes.

Its sort of like a social hangout for them.

In thier clans most of those guys know eachother in real life, they have clan matches between internet cafe's and stuff.

Its the same with shadowbane, DAoC, UO etc... the cafe buys like 30 copies of the game and they all share characters, so it looks like the character is on 24/7 but its being played by multiple people.

Asians are the most hardcore gamers in the world, I dont think anyone can surpass them.

The online game 'linage' has like over 3 million subscribers in asia.

NIB
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 03:15 AM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
Why dont they buy computers instead of going to the internet cafes and pay money? I mean most of them play 10 hours a day so i am assuming that they pay a lot of money.

In greece we have internet cofes but they arent that popular. They are mostly used by turists or ppl that dont have a computer or students that want to work on an assignment and they dont have computer. Its pretty expensive too(4Euro per hour costs of them). Most of them serve coffee too.

Asians are trully the most hardcore gamers but this isnt an advantage . Gaming in the east is going beyond the limits of normal activity. They have many deaths from constant gaming and i am sure that many ppl have serious health problems cause of that.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

DrTony
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 04:58 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
oh ESO #1 and #2? that's why they can improve so quick.

I also want to have friends like this, always competing with me and wanna improvement all the time. 3 months ago, my friends can play with me with winning chance 50%. But now my friend stop improvement and always lost to me. I am thinking if I got a friend who can improve as well as me, I could improve more and more~~~

But I believe Vni_Rulez will come back to #2 and challenge IamShiautz!!! Support you Vni_Rulez!!!

NS_Cymophane
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 05:19 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
Besides internet cafes, theres also such a thing as a game cafe. It wouldnt surprise me if there are lots of game cafes in asia as gaming is really popular over there

Member of NoFx
ESO: NoFx__Cymophane from now on
My website: www.cymophane.tk with Odin recordings and some more
NoFx site: www.nofx.clans.cc
BraveKarma
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 05:37 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
There are lots'o Internet Cafes where I am living because I live near a crowded university. I suppose in the 1 kms are around me there are like 20-30 internet cafes (I'm not kidding). Generally Cs is played on Lan in cafes. Don't ask me where they get those CDs from because I've got bitten in a past post by mods
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames