You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Maybe a New AOM Screenshots today
Bottom
Topic Subject:Maybe a New AOM Screenshots today
ES_Archangel
Immortal
posted 06 June 2003 09:25 AM EDT (US)         
Hmmmm. Have to wait until Vance gets in, for some reason (at least on my machine I can't get http://www.ensemblestudios.com/aomx/index.html to display but http://www.ensemblestudios.com/aomx/index.shtml
AuthorReplies:
ES_Archangel
Immortal
posted 06 June 2003 09:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
Seems to be working now - Shessh off to bed, so you all late tonight.
Firestormz
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 09:29 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
niiice, Im guessing that the screen shot is the same town, just abit longer developed. I love the grey weird statues on the TC and the building next to it. Looks like a gargoyle of something.

ESO names: THP_Halestorm, Halestorm
Ranking: 1800+ with my one eyed god, Odin
"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
~~~~Pwned big time ~~~~

Toastabal
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 09:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
cool. Yeah, the grey statues look awesome. I think the one beside the TC would be the temple? The dock is also cool, especially with the glowing tower on top of it. Which makes me wonder, all atlantean units are supposed to be able to be turned into heroes. Does this also apply to fishing ships who normally don't have any attack at all?
Gagylpus
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 09:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
Excellent... *sets shot as background*

Lets see... by the temple we can see three automatons standing in a row, and by the lower tower there is four more, two of them dead and the other two repairing them. Near there is the atlantean barracks and armoury. By the barracks are four longswordsman and a herofied spearman unit. As for the statues, i'm guessing that is supposed to be Kronos.
Now, working in the town are several herofied citizens. Either they're there for aesthetic purposes only, or turning citizens into heros improves their gather rates and such.
Finally, those big houses, apparently called manors. They probably support more population than normal houses. My guess is 20, which would mean that atlantean houses support more population in the first two ages than town centres. The atlanteans are looking more unique all the time. Good work ES.

Gagylpus
I don't have a signature. Signatures are for mortals. Or very insecure immortals like those freaking Greek gods.
iamgameguy
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 11:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
i dont know if this goes here, but i have a question.

the atlantean villies are supposed to work 3X better then greeek, eggy or norse right?

so does that mean you could have far less villes but still have the same econ, so therfore have open pop slots for more army?

(or the same number of villies and a much better economy)

to me that seems like a good advantage?
but i am probably missing something here. i know they cost 3X as much too, but that still doesn't matter i dont think.

arnitald
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 11:57 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
For me the green buildings (especially the towers) look like some sort of .... errr well - fish.

But...well, nice screenie (those trees are weird too )

Mythic_chaos
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 12:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
iamgameguy, villies don't have to cost 1 pop slot. personnally, I think that they will cost 3 pop slots.
iamgameguy
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 12:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
i knew i was missing something....thanks
oljb007
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 01:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
yeah and they each have their own personaly donkey drop site as i understand which could theoritically make them cost 2 pop. also that alone would make them gather faster.

Titans oljb007
Vanilla oljb007 (1684)

"am i a smurf if i beat you? Well, you are if you beat me" --isnt that the general idea of this game?

Socvazius
CEO
(id: Angel Socrateius)
posted 06 June 2003 02:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
Thanks for the heads up Mike

Angel Socvazius | Chief Executive Officer, HeavenGames LLC
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!"
HeavenGames | Join the Facebook Group | The HG Blog
Soccy's Periodic Obsession: ROFLCon
NeoEnlil
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 03:05 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
Those units on the lower part of the screen, next to the tower, seems interesting, i mean, they are obviously collecting stuffs from dead units but, is it gonna be for self repairing purposes?(like Colossus when eats trees/gold mines) im not sure how useful that can be, i mean u need to have units of that kind dead from previous combats to get your new units repaired, at the site where they died? looks weird, perhaps they have another purpose, like making them stronger or with more armor.. well i guess we'll just have to wait till getting the showcases n all, but the more armor idea could be cool, heh, dunno, what do yah think?

NeoEnlil?
lief ericson
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 03:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Amazing screenshot! The buildings look really good and the new Kronos statue is kick-***. But, we've never seen that spearman unit before, have we? Do "herofied" soldiers change armor also, besides getting a glow?

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
KillerBee
Mortal
posted 06 June 2003 03:51 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Cool, I wonder if a heroified villager acts like an empowered worker from the eggies. The automatons look sweet, how would you permenantly kill one? (probably guard the body before it disappers so that it can't be rebuilt, right?)
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 06 June 2003 06:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
Sheesh. Stop slacking off, Arch.

Sunshine
Banned
posted 06 June 2003 07:15 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
That screenshot was pretty nice, Archangel. Thank you for notifying us of it.
c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 06 June 2003 08:14 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
I completely to look at it earlier and just did. It's pretty good, but there wasn't that much new stuff or shiny effects. Oh well...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames