You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.27 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Campaign questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign questions
Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 21 June 2003 03:34 AM EDT (US)         
This is a thread for campaign questions on AOM, whatever questions you have: on the story, errors, etc.

I have a lot of questions:

Did Setna die? Why didn't Arkantos help out at the battle instead of just searching for a ship? -_-

What happened to Reginleif and the dwarves? Did Reginleif die in the meteor thinga that came after Thor's hammer was remade?

Why did Arkantos leave the ram behind in the Norse underworld and run away from the fire giants? Couldn't he and his party have defeated them?

What happened to Niordsir and Skult? If Skult is Loki, wouldn't he be able to attack?

AuthorReplies:
psychomonkey2000
Mortal
posted 21 June 2003 10:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 27       
1: about setnaa: not as far as I know, and I have no Idea what you are talking about with the boat thing.
2: the dwarves stay at their home, and reginleif is a valkire, she is immortal. As far as I know she returned to Valhala
3: They ran from a huge army.
4: No idea about Niordsir. About Skult/Loki, technically Ox carts should be avble to stomp on enemys and cause damage. gameplay>realism

CARPE DUCTUM!
Before you judge someone try walking a mile in their shoes,
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 06-21-2003 @ 10:29 AM).]

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 21 June 2003 01:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 27       
How come we found Arkantos dead on the beach after the final showdown? And why can't I find the godlike Arkantos in the Editor? That does vex me! I'd use it in a future scenario.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok

[This message has been edited by GloryofSparta (edited 06-21-2003 @ 02:32 PM).]

Shusky
Mortal
(id: Silver Husky)
posted 21 June 2003 01:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 27       
What was this thing with switching Kemsyt's and Gargarensis' head?

GoS: It's called Arkantos(uber)

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 21 June 2003 02:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 27       
SH, I'm talking about the unit Arkantos turned into when he was resurrected by Athena and he headed off for Olympus.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
Shusky
Mortal
(id: Silver Husky)
posted 21 June 2003 03:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 27       
I think this is how uber Arkantos looks like in cinematic mode... Anyway, the god-like Arkantos from the ending cinematic is an animation of normal Arkantos. You have to set animation for Arkantos: arkan_aomsp35washup or arkan_aomsp35transform.
Hoplite_318
Mortal
posted 21 June 2003 04:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 27       
i have a question. In the last mission in the beginning Arkantos says something like this, "So this is why Poseidon wanted me to go to the Trojan War, because the last underworld passage is here." I didn't get that, i thought poseidon was good.
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 21 June 2003 06:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 27       
Thanks, SH!

Meteora
Mortal
posted 21 June 2003 11:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 27       
No Hoplite, Poseidon was bad, and Zeus was good. If I remember correctly, Poseidon was jealous of Zeus and wanted to join with the bad titan to defeat Zeus and become ruler of the gods. Or something like that. Poseidon wanted to get rid of Arkantos so Gargarensis could open the gate to Tart... and free the titan.
Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 21 June 2003 11:36 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27       
About the Setna-ship thing, Arkantos said 'Find us a ship, Amanra' and I could hear the sound of Osiris getting hurt in the background. Shows how loyal Arkantos is to his friends...=P

What about the Poseidon statue thing? Was it actually poseidon's spirit himself or Kronos? Why didn't Gargarensis open the Tartarian Gate to release Kronos in the last scenario, when he could easily have? O_o

actually, why reginleif is a valkyrie, she's not immortal. Neither are the Norse gods. Because ALL except those 2 survivors will die in Ragnorak. And she can be killed in the campaign too, if she wasn't a campaign hero she could be killed as easily as most other heroes. :S

And another thing, Arkantos seemed to STILL not have any enmity against Poseidon when he said 'You see why Poseidon wanted me to come here? The alst gate is here!'. So he basically said Psoeidon willed Arkantos to come and stop Gargarensis. ^_-

I wish Ian Fischer (the guy who wrote the campaign storyline, I think) would come here and answer some questions. Or Greg Street. I remember in one gamespy article on the AOM campaign about how Greg Street looked forward to people using campaign quotes for their sigs, etc. ^_^

[This message has been edited by Mithrandirdragon (edited 06-21-2003 @ 11:38 PM).]

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 22 June 2003 02:55 PM EDT (US)     10 / 27       

Quote:

I wish Ian Fischer (the guy who wrote the campaign storyline, I think) would come here and answer some questions. Or Greg Street.

And Dan Riordan (Arkantos' voice actor).

Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 23 June 2003 12:16 PM EDT (US)     11 / 27       
Or any of the other voice actors. hehe. I find it interesting how this guy (forgot his name) could do voices for Setna and the Theocrat, and how that other guy (forgot his name too) could voiceact Loki (Skult) and Eitri. Very interesting. Many people say I have a good voiceacting voice too.

Maybe I should join ES. I'd certainly love to incorporate some ideas of mine which people say are good. ^_^

Anyway, ES really should come over here. Archangel, where are youuu......=P

ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 23 June 2003 07:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 27       

Quote:

Did Setna die? Why didn't Arkantos help out at the battle instead of just searching for a ship?

DS: Do you mean after Osiris came out? Because Osiris didn't need any help and Gargarensis was escaping. No, Setna didn't die.

Quote:

What happened to Reginleif and the dwarves? Did Reginleif die in the meteor thinga that came after Thor's hammer was remade?

DS: None of them died. Originally, Reginleif was going to go to Atlantis with Arkantos, but we ended up with too many heroes with loose ends to tie up.

Quote:

What about the Poseidon statue thing? Was it actually poseidon's spirit himself or Kronos?

DS: It was supposed to be Kronos animating the statue. Gargarensis had kind of given up on Poseidon by then, but the statue was a convenient vessel. Even in uber mode, Arkantos could not have struggled with Kronos directly. Heck, Zeus had trouble managing that.

Quote:

Why didn't Gargarensis open the Tartarian Gate to release Kronos in the last scenario, when he could easily have?

DS: He started to. Didn't you see all the flies come out?

Quote:

Poseidon wanted to get rid of Arkantos so Gargarensis could open the gate to Tart... and free the titan.

DS: Right. Poseidon wanted to distract Arkantos, so he got Arkantos sent to Troy. It was just bad luck (for Poseidon) that Arkantos ended up in Greece after the Trojan War. The reason the bad guys left the Atlantean gate for the end was because it was the hardest to open with all those Atlantan soldiers around.

Quote:

Why did Arkantos leave the ram behind in the Norse underworld and run away from the fire giants? Couldn't he and his party have defeated them?

DS: There were A LOT of Fire Giants. And this was before they were nerfed in the patch.

Quote:

How come we found Arkantos dead on the beach after the final showdown?

DS: He didn't die. He just washed ashore after the final battle, and his [dubious] reward was ascending to the ranks of the divine.

Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 24 June 2003 02:49 AM EDT (US)     13 / 27       
YAY! Thank you as much Deathshrimp! *feels as blessed as Arkantos*

However, I never knew Osiris was a war-like god, though he was feared as a judge in the underworld...I wonder how powerful a Set unit would be....the Guardian is too weak a representative for Set at this time. :S

But actually I heard Zeus didn't have trouble taking care of Kronos, though Typhon did rip Zeus' limbs apart before Hermes put them back together so Zeus could trap Typhon under a mountain....another thing, what was the battle in the original cinematic on? Was it any specific battle in the campaign or just some foreshadowing? I was really curious as to what part that temple at the start had to play in the whole story.

Flies from the underworld? I saw chimeras, minotaurs, einherjar...no flies. Maybe we shoulda made a time limit until gargar opened the gate...it shouldn't have been hard for him to though, right? Cause if he could release monsters from the underworld, he shoulda been able to release Kronos as easily.I saw that Kronos was the first thing Gargar witnessed when he came close to opening the gate... =P

And, Deathshrimp, would it be possible for some cool new heroes like Setna (younger, has a sword, which he used to kill the immortal serpent guarding the Book of Thoth), and Medea. Some Sparti (dragon warriors from dragon teeth) and some Amazons would be nice too. Will any new heroes take part in the X-pack campaign?

lief ericson
Mortal
posted 24 June 2003 09:12 AM EDT (US)     14 / 27       
Yah! Go Mnevis! The Hippo Rider!

I think that opening battle was a sort of prologue to show 1) what Age of Mythology would be like (lighting storms, minotaurs, hoplites, the gods, Kronos) and 2) to show that Kronos was an evil monster who got locked up long ago.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 24 June 2003 11:09 AM EDT (US)     15 / 27       
Thanks for the great post, DeathShrimp. We do appreciate that an ES staff member passed by elucidating the many mysteries of the AoM campaign.

I'd like to see Arkantos in the X-pack campaign, he rocks.

Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 25 June 2003 00:40 AM EDT (US)     16 / 27       
Indeed we do. Very much we appreciate.

A short appearance by Arkantos as the divine one would be nice, definitely. so will Kastor be more buff and mature for the X-pack campaigny? ^_^

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 26 June 2003 09:06 AM EDT (US)     17 / 27       
I can't wait till the X-pack is out, although Arkantos may not be in it.

Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 30 June 2003 08:21 AM EDT (US)     18 / 27       
I'm still waiting for more answers. =P

I wonder, does Ian Fischer visit these forums much?

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 19 August 2003 02:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 27       
*Revives this thread*

aom dude
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 05:41 PM EDT (US)     20 / 27       

Quote:

although Arkantos may not be in it.

Kastor is in it, arkantos is a grandpa by now GoS. I suggest you go meet Kastor while he is still young,

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude
prozzzak80
Mortal
posted 20 August 2003 00:07 AM EDT (US)     21 / 27       
i really think it would be cool if there was more god units in the campaignes. like instead of just posidon osiris and loki they should have put them all in there. oh and also why didnt you guys make more opening cinimatics? like a random one for each group would be really cool

Death Comes Quikly in Space, unless it comes very slowly - Time Magazine
Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 20 August 2003 06:10 AM EDT (US)     22 / 27       
Well, I sure hope the animations of the cinematics will be even more fluid and so on. And maybe more emotion too, like when a city falls they don't just say 'what happened' but in a rage of fury smash the eney murderers...you know, the emotion of war3 (minus the cliches of war3 campaigns and icky graphics).

I would actually like to see the Titan Helios and his chariot....and a super charged Heracles, who can beat a titan and 4 MUs single handed.

Thanks for reviving this Glory. *humble bow, presents Atlantean sword*

And I hope there'll be choices of cinematics, like if u become evil u get diff cine to if u stay good and so on. And a cinematic for every beginning and end of scenario would be nice. I was annoyed how in some Egyptian and Norse scenarios they only had a beginning cinematic. -_-

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 20 August 2003 07:35 AM EDT (US)     23 / 27       
No problems. Mithrandir.

Hmm, my mind is hazy... when, and how did Loki appear in the campaign?

arnitald
Mortal
posted 20 August 2003 10:59 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27       
One word: Skult.
Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 21 August 2003 08:31 AM EDT (US)     25 / 27       
Indeed. You can tell because reginleif refers to the banner trick as 'a trick that Loki uses to get the norsemen to fight each other' and later on when Skult laughs evilly you can hear it say for text" 'Loki (laughing)' or something.

I want a supercharged Heracles campaign hero. Medea would be cool though. And King Aeetes. ^_^u

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 21 August 2003 09:06 AM EDT (US)     26 / 27       
Ah, that makes sense... you know, I was busy looking at Arkantos.

[This message has been edited by GloryofSparta (edited 08-21-2003 @ 09:07 AM).]

Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 21 August 2003 09:29 AM EDT (US)     27 / 27       
Why? Maybe he'll be in divine form (that is, not uber ark but divine ark) for the campaign.

I want Medea cuz she's cool and was a worshipper of Hekate and I want Jason's voyage included in atlantean myth cuz Colchis is slightly like Atlantis...all that exoticness and gold, etc. King Aeetes could be a cool king unit....not too frail looking, on the contrary, old and powerful, like say.....Denethor of LOTR. O_o

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames