You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Tsunami Studios Presents: SpillBlood 2.2 Released
Bottom
Topic Subject:Tsunami Studios Presents: SpillBlood 2.2 Released
TwentyOneScore
Mortal
posted 26 July 2003 09:10 AM EDT (US)         
There is a new version of TOS_SpillBlood now available for download on AOMH:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=697

Fans of v1.5 will like the changes - Mainly I recoded all triggers to be more efficent and have less lag, and I have found a way to prevent players from building and repairing anything. This was the biggest flaw in v1.5 since players were constantly repairing thier Citadel which made games never ending.

SYNOPSIS:
A Blood style map for 2-12 players. The players must control the various Plenty Vaults on the map to gain resources for upgrades while protecting their Citadel from being destroyed. Each player gets free Units based on the amount of Favor they hold and can also buy God Powers, Myth Units and Heroes with favor and resources. Players must be Norse to accumulate Favor by battling.

NEW ADDITIONS/CHANGES FROM 1.5:
I have introduced a system of "leveling" where the player who fights the hardest over time period will get a free upgrade. Every 15 seconds, the player that earns the most favor in those 15 seconds, will be awarded a Level. Level bonuses include a free Classic Age Myth unit, tech upgrades and 5 times the amount of favor they generated in resources.

Each Player now starts with a Circe and a Battle Boar. Circe has a 100 damage chain lightning bolt attack that also gains favor. She is a favor generating machine and a saavy player will protect her life at all cost.

Players start in the First Age now must Age Up. Each Age up grants Unit (Medium/Heavy/Champ) upgrades and a free god power and an additional 10 population limit.

The slow moving "Thors Haft Handle" used to buy Units and God Powers has been replaced with "Lazer Bear", the super fast Canadian Hero.

God Power purchase speed has been reduced from every 8 seconds to 3 so you can buy them faster.

The 5 Plenty vaults at the points of the center Star are no longer God Power Plenty vaults and have been replaced with King of the Hill plenty vaults. These give a lot less resources. However, the center of the map will now contain a God Power plenty vault. This make the center more desirable to fight in.

Setting the Map Size to Large will no longer switch spawning units from Egypt/Greek/Norse to Archer/Infanty/Cavalry. Instead, now you will get God Power Plentys on the 5 pointed star and a Healing Spring in the center.

PICKING YOUR SPAWNING CIVILIZATION:
The SWORD is your Civilization Picker. Move the SWORD to one of the God Statues to select that Civilization and begin spawning it's Units in the Battle Zone. The Units that spawn in the Battle Zone are based on the Favor currently held by the player:

Civ: <15 / 15 / 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 95
Norse: Ulfsark / Throwing Axeman / Raiding Cavalry / Huskarl / Jarl / Ballista / Portable Ram
Egypt: Slinger / Axeman / Camel / Spearman / Chariot Archer / War Elephant / Catapult
Greek: Hoplite / Toxotes / Prodromos / Gastraphetes / Myrmidon / Hippikon / Helepolis

Spawn times are 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, & 13 seconds for each Unit/Favor class respectively. There is a cap on siege Units spawned - only 5 may exist at a time. The player can move the SWORD to another God Statue at any time to change the Civ of the free Units spawning. Note that your free Units stop spawning when the SWORD is not next to a God Statue, so move it quickly when you do.

BUYING GOD POWERS:
When the player finds himself with an abundance of Favor, they may opt to purchase a God Power. There are 3 God Powers on sale per game, one for each Civ. To purchase a God Power, move the BEAR to a God Statue. Provided you have the needed Favor in your possession, the God Statue will flash, you'll receive the desired God Power and your Favor will be reduced accordingly. Note: it takes up to 3 seconds to buy a God Power.

BUYING MYTH UNITS AND HEROES:
The player can also purchase the Myth Units and Heroes on display in the Pick Zone. There will be one Myth Unit per Civ and Heroes of 2 of the 3 Civs on sale. Units cost Favor and Resources. To purchase a Unit, move the BEAR to the Unit desired. Provided you have the needed Favor & Resources in your possession, the Unit will flash, the Unit you selected will spawn in the Battle Zone, and your Favor & Resources will be reduced accordingly. Myth Units that have bonuses against building have a pop cap of 8 (Colossus. Mountain Giant, Fire Giant, Scarab) and certain a hero is capped as well (Son Of Orisis at 2). Note: Unit spawn time is based on the Units strength and can take anywhere from 2 to 15 seconds to buy.

COSTS:
Unit and God Power costs are repeatedly displayed on the left side of the screen for the first 5 minutes. Use the PAGE UP key to review past chats that have scrolled off the screen.

FAVOR:
Favor is collected by Battling. For this reason all players should be Norse.

RESOURCES:
Resources are collected in two ways - by controlling the Plenty Vaults in the Battle Zone, or gathering them in the Safe Zone. Each player starts with a Greek Villager, a Norse Villager, a Dwarf and an Ox Cart in the Safe Zone. Put these to work collecting whatever resource you may be short on. Do not ignore these peons, as they can really help your cause. Additional peons can also be trained at the Citadel at any time but can only collect resources in the dangerous Battle Zone and may be short lived.

UPGRADES:
Upgrades can be purchased by the Player at the Armory and Citadel. All upgrades (except Tower) researched are given to the player 3 times, so researching Copper Mail gives a bonus of current Hack Armor x 15% x 15% x 15% or 30% start = 46% after. Building upgrades also come with an additional bonus, a use of the God Power Restoration.

RELICS:
The map generates with 1-2 relics per player. All relics placed on the map are forced to be the same type. Therefore, a player that collects multiple relics will build themselves an uber unit. For instance, the map could end up with 8 relics - and they all could end up being "Trios Bow: Archer and Ballista range +2" - so collecting all 8 would give your Archers +16 range! 11 battle worthy relics are selected from for placement and 4 other economic relics may also appear.

CREDITS:
Matei for Norse Wars, the inspiration and template for SpillBlood v1.
NW_ members and various other ESO diehards for playing lots on ESO with me through all the "can't click in" errors.

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
AuthorReplies:
Mokon
Mortal
posted 26 July 2003 09:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
nice

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Peredhil
    Mortal
    posted 26 July 2003 02:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
    Very good blood, I believe I played a 2v2 with you on it on ESO a while back. We lost (both me and my team mate were crap).

Peredhil
    Arguments are to be avoided;
    they are always vulgar and often convincing - Oscar Wilde

[This message has been edited by Peredhil (edited 07-26-2003 @ 02:58 PM).]

glorfindels_army
    Mortal
    posted 26 July 2003 03:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
    I played it with u

I was called Surts_firegiants

I shiftsanded a laser bear!!!

Glorfindel -Age of Mythology Heaven
    My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!
    Eso rates/names= Tartariandog-1600, PW_Glorfindel_- 1556, PW_Glorfindel__-1600.
    Winner of the most underated forumer award!

TwentyOneScore
    Mortal
    posted 28 July 2003 07:29 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
    Hmm, Sandshifting the Lazer Bear, I wonder how he got out of the "Pick Zone". Not really a good idea though since if he's not next in the Pick Zone he can't buy more units or God Powers.

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
    --
    GLORYOFSPARTA
    Seraph (in absentia)
    posted 28 July 2003 10:11 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
    I love the TOS Maps.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
    AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
    "Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
    "GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
    TwentyOneScore
    Mortal
    posted 29 July 2003 07:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
    Thanks GoS, I enjoy making them.

--
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames