You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Advancing Ages
Bottom
Topic Subject:Advancing Ages
zzoo
Mortal
posted 28 July 2003 02:36 PM EDT (US)         
Hi folks,

I'm used to play fast-pace games like StarCraft and Warcraft. When I start to play AoM, I find it good too. However, I think the game seriously lacks action at the first few minutes, we can't train any units beside villagers. All we do is just gather resources. Now, in a normal game, there's absolutely no action for the first 6 minutes (for a casual players).

Personally, I think the game will be much better if we can advance the first age much faster, so we can have more options.
I suggest a significant drop in resources needed and the time taken to advance to second age. That will be wonderful. What do you think ?

AuthorReplies:
spyrofire23
Mortal
posted 28 July 2003 02:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Part of the game is the Archaic (sp?) Age. It is when you first start and need to get an economy going, scout the map, maybe get a relic or two. Imo the game would be too fast paced if we could create armies in the very begining or if we had Meteor-like god powers. Thats just my opinion, but thats what you asked for.
Mokon
Mortal
posted 28 July 2003 03:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
it makes for more later game strat..... the early economy and build time is just part of the age seris....

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • MR2 Pilot
    Mortal
    posted 28 July 2003 03:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
    zzoo,

If you have any moments of spare time during the first (Archaic) age (up to say 6 mins max, 5 mins preferred), then your not playing correctly, or at least not up to potential. I'm an expert on not playing up to potential, so I know this very well. To win against an average experienced player, soooo many things have to be completed by the time you hit the next age (Classical), that most of them need to be automatic for you, or you'll be seriously behind time wise. A leisurely pace definitely won't cut it in this game. Your first raiding parties should be setting out at about 8 to 9 mins. You can expect your opponents raids to start at about the same time, so be prepared.
    -

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
    The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
    The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
    The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
    The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
    Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
    AgeMyth
    Mortal
    posted 28 July 2003 05:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
    trying playing Deathmatch

fighting starts by usually 2 or 3 mins

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames