You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Save Yourself!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Save Yourself!
barley_n_oats
Mortal
posted 28 July 2003 02:55 PM EDT (US)         
Do not look at the Titans X-pack Screenshots! It might ruin your experience.

When news of AoM came out, I followed its every move. Saw every movie, every screenshot there was and loved every one of it. But once the game came out, I was like "WOW!" Unfortunately, that died too quickly for me. I totally lost interest.

I am not the only one who has felt this, I know even many expert players know what I'm talking about.

Aoe2 totally engrossed my interest. AoM only satisfied it slightly.

I think the reason is discovering every bit of AoM before it came out, leaving nothing left for me to find really cool.

Just my two bits.

ESO: oats
ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
AuthorReplies:
prankster959
Mortal
posted 28 July 2003 03:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I did it with AOM as well, but even though I knew everything about it when I bought it, it didn't matter because playing the game hands on and seeing all the neat special effects attacks visuals etc. is alot funner than when you see it on a movie thus not ruining the expierance. I see what you mean though but I can't help but look at the screens, its so cool.

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz 800 FSB, xfx 7800gt OC 256mb, 1gb ddr2 ram @ 533mhz, 160gb raid 0 HD

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
stumpy_006
Mortal
posted 28 July 2003 03:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I didn't follow the screens/info/anything of AoM when it was being built/released, and when I first tried it I was uber amazed, and am still hooked on the game 5 months later. To be honest, I didn't even know AoM was comming out or was out when it was released A friend told me that he was playing it, and I was like "oh, that must be the next game in the age series" ... (I didn't play AoE/AoK/AoC competitively) ... so then I tried it and bought it for myself, and have been loving it since To be honest, I haven't been watching the screens or anything from the exp. pack too closely either ... looking forward to trying the game itself
King_Angmar
Mortal
posted 28 July 2003 09:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Up with Stumpy!! He's my hero! I agree totally.

My story:
When I first heard about I thought: "no big deal," remembering how terrible EE had turned out. but when we got it, I started, Day and night, thinking about how to improve my gameplay. No PC game has ever hooked like AOM. IT RULES!

King Angmar was the great enemy of elves and men until his servant, sauron, lured him with a ring of power. Now, as leader of the Nazgul, he serves Sauron. It is said that no man shall kill him.

Vanilla Aom rating: 1709
Choclate Aom rating: 1580

GOTD_FireCobra
Mortal
posted 28 July 2003 11:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
I followed all the latest news, and yet im not sick of it (yet) Considering I had the alpha, marketing beta, and got the retail Nov. 6th, im kind of supprised im not sick of it. I suppose not having time to play it though might keep the exitement up.

The very irregular poster...
barley_n_oats
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 01:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I followed all the latest news, and yet im not sick of it (yet) Considering I had the alpha, marketing beta, and got the retail Nov. 6th, im kind of supprised im not sick of it. I suppose not having time to play it though might keep the exitement up.
=====
Yeah, unfortunately, I didn't have the same luck as with you guys. After last year, I simply couldn't force myself to find time with AoM...

That's why I'm totally resisting the Gamespy Spotlights and any other reviews, pics, etc.

ESO: oats
ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
prankster959
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 02:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
alas... if only my will were that strong

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz 800 FSB, xfx 7800gt OC 256mb, 1gb ddr2 ram @ 533mhz, 160gb raid 0 HD

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames