You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Suggestion for ES to improve AOM
Bottom
Topic Subject:Suggestion for ES to improve AOM
Newbe
Mortal
posted 29 July 2003 09:31 PM EDT (US)         
ES should make AOM check to make sure all of the maps played on rated are there before you can start AOM.

It should also check to make sure they arn't tampered with.

Can this be implemented?

Cheaters are 50X more annoying then smurfs and are bad for AOM

AuthorReplies:
J_Bone
Mortal
posted 29 July 2003 10:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
That's a very good idea. You could cut out the Set-heads who delete all maps but watering hole and savannah

P.S. I noticed when you check a player's gaming history on ESO you don't know what maps they played on. Why?

Yes folks it's me!!!!
Newbe
Mortal
posted 29 July 2003 11:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Thx for the support if I get like 50 people thinking it's a good idea maybe somehow we can get this over to the guys at ES before the next patch.

Although if they delete a map I think u get an error message that tells you that the idiot deleted a map (If it's selected) but u have to play his/her or the idiot's map of choice anyway. (Which is so cheap)

Got the error message today for the first time.
It made me very angry. It's down right cheating and I think ES could easily put a stop to it. It's probably like less then 100 lines of new code to implement this.

Geez even I could write code that would throw an error if all the map files wern't there.

Finwe
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 01:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Personally, I find it astounding that people would go to such lengths to ensure that they get to play on a map that they feel they can kick butt on. Where's the challenge in that, or are these people only considered about the image of having a high rating? Gits.
Peredhil
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 01:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Exactly, Finwe.

Peredhil
Arguments are to be avoided;
they are always vulgar and often convincing - Oscar Wilde
Solver
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 06:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       

Quote:

It's probably like less then 100 lines of new code to implement this.

If their code is properly built, that's easily within 5 lines .

Solver, a proud Age community veteran.
karikarki
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 06:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
depending on if you have word wrap on i guess
Solver
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 08:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Geez, kari, I continue to observe how little you sometimes understand . Noone has word-wrap in programming... if you wish, though, in C++ you can combine a huuuuge statement into one row, and you can also make a simple procedure call be 6 lines long... I'm spreaking about normal coding practice .

Solver, a proud Age community veteran.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames