You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » MU attacks vs buildings
Bottom
Topic Subject:MU attacks vs buildings
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 30 July 2003 00:01 AM EDT (US)         
MU's special attacks should be used against buildings as well. Chimeras flame attack can only be used against units, but any buildings in the area take much more damage then they normally do from the chimera.
Here are the ideas for MU special attacks vs buildings:
Minotaur: use his horn to deal 60 hack damage
Centaur: Deals more damage
Manticore: deals more damage
Nemean lion: Roar deals damage to buildings and units
Chimera: Breath flames against buildings
Anubite: jump against buildings
Sphinx: Sand vortex gradually damages buildings
Scorpion man: none
Avenger: Spin attack use against buildings
Frost giant: Prevents the building from attacking and training anything for a few seconds

AuthorReplies:
GOD_OF_WAR
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 00:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
specal attaks vs. buldings wouln't work out all that good,but i would be cool to see a building go flying when a mino hits it

to choose doubt as a philosophy of life is like to choose immobility as a means of transportation.
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 30 July 2003 00:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
This is for game functionality. Now if i want to seriously damage a building I have to micro my chimera to attack one of the units. If the chimera attacks the building with flames then it would take much less micro.
Zont
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 00:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
mmm i don't have a problem with specials only against (certain) units. if i use a special against a building and then some units come up, i have to wait for the special to reset before using against the units.
some mu's do quite nice damage as it is (minotaur for example).
having the frost giant freeze buildings is a bit too powerful.
Radi0head
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 00:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Easy answer = Mountain Giant. Nuff said.
Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 00:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
There are several MU's that are especially good against buildings. Making all of them like that this way simply wouldn't be a good idea.
Radi0head
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 00:49 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Yeah, 4-5 sphinx can waste a building in no time flat.
Mithrandirdragon
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 01:33 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Well, I like the Frost giant idea. And personally I think Fire giant special attacks should be modded to do more damage to buildings AND units. But minotaur attack...O_o...errrr...mabe not. Just give them a bonus vs buildings. =P
tGo_elfjorc
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 03:02 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
WEll, each civ has MUs in each age that are at least OK vs. buildings. Egypt has Sphinxes, and to a lesser extent Anubites in CLassical. Norse have Einherjar and Valkyries. Greeks have CYclopses and Minotaurs. In Heroic, Eggy = Petsuchos, Scarabs, Norse = MGs aand Boars, Greek = Hydra, Nemean Lions. In Mythic, Norse = two giants at least (Fire G and MG), mass fenris wolves.Eggy = Phoenixes and Avengers, Greek = COlossus, CHimera, Medusa. See?? I've left out some MUs that aren't as bad either (liek Frosties)
Vassilis
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 08:53 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Some MU's like the fire giant and the mountain giant can use a special attack on buildings. What's weird though is that some MU's can't do more damage than siege weapons even though they have more crush damage.

For example, the fire giant can't bring down a fortress as fast as a Helepolis even though it has more range and crush!

However, a Colossus and a Scarab can bring down buildings in record time!

KRool
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 11:30 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
I have no problem with MUs special attacks currently. Mummys for example live from their special attack, which currently only hits human units. But, the added minions make them effective base rushers.
Kill eco > make mummies > decoy TC/towers all in one special *gg*

Likewise, some units specials are against buildings, Mountain Giants for example. Or take Scarabs, made solely against buildings, with a defensive suicide special...

K.Rool,
Master of unnecessary knowledge...
Vassilis
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 12:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
No! The mummy can transform to a minion MU's as well!

Its pretty funny watching them kill a Colossus with just one hit!

Zycat
Mortal
posted 30 July 2003 12:13 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       

Quote:

For example, the fire giant can't bring down a fortress as fast as a Helepolis even though it has more range and crush!

Fire giant only fires 1 projectile at a time, while a Helepolis fires 4 at a time, hence the damage got multiplied by 4 (if all hit)

ESO : Heero_Yuy / Tonto_Zycat
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 01:47 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
Getting slightly off topic.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames