You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » The 36245th Set topic
Bottom
Topic Subject:The 36245th Set topic
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 02:33 AM EDT (US)         
People say that only high ranking player who are good at micro can use Set well. Here are the Set bonuses:
1. Priests can convert animals
2. Pharoahs summon animals
3. Free hyena at starting and free animals every age
4. Slingers +10% hp and hack armour
5. Migdol strongholds cost 25% less
6. Archers train20% faster
I don't really think that it takes a 1800 player to take advantage of bonuses 3-6, and even players who aren't as good at micro can take advantage of 2, even if he cannot use it fully. I haven't used Set online and have met very few good Set players, but even on paper he seems overpowered, and I think he can be nerfed without making him underpowered for lower ranking players. What do you think?
P.S.: The game info needs to be updated, the Set slinger bonus is still 20% hp on Game info.

[This message has been edited by Rookierookie (edited 07-31-2003 @ 02:34 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
mummy9011
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 02:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
heroes realy should get their bonus against set animals back.
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 02:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Perhaps not the full bonus. A jason used to kill hyenas in one hit. It should be x2 or x3.
Mojo14
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 03:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I think if they made it so Set's animals took 1.5 as long to build/convert in the first age it would fix the early Set rushes.

But.. Who knows...

Giving heroes a bonus against animals would mean Loki would be able to dominate Sets rush wouldn't it?

[This message has been edited by Mojo14 (edited 07-31-2003 @ 03:53 AM).]

Vassilis
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 05:18 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Another imbalance with Set is that MU's can't use their special attack on them.

For example a Minotaur can use his special on human soldiers and even certain MU's like Cyclops, Einherjarls and Avengers!

But he can't do that to a bunch of monkies and hyenas, why?
If he could use that attack a monkey or even a crocodile would die in one shot instead of taking 4-6 hits on the minotaur before he kills them!

Anyway, there have been so many different suggestions about how to nerf Set that I don't think ES will not know what to do.

Quintus
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 06:07 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       

Quote:

'The 36245th Set topic'

lol
But actually when I said that another post was the 36364th Set topic (which was true). There have been 2 more set posts since that makes this the 36367th Set post.

Well back on topic. I think heros should have the bonus against the summoned animals given back. They count as MUs that's wahy other MUs can't use their special attack, so heroes should get a bonus. Not as big a bonus as before but enough to make animals counterable. Maybe a x1.5, like Zeus' hopps vs. buildings. At least it give animals a counter that doesn't damaged you're eco (i.e. vills to counter them).

Don't judge those who try and fail.
Judge only those who fail to try.
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 09:52 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I didn't exactly check the number, I put in anything that comes to my mind.
CokaCola_KiD
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 11:33 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Threads like this make AoMh look stupid.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames