You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » "Pour francais" "Chinese only" "Espanio"--they think there are too many people on ESO.
Bottom
Topic Subject:"Pour francais" "Chinese only" "Espanio"--they think there are too many people on ESO.
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 02:48 AM EDT (US)         
Seriously, I still see games like this in the Advanced settings room. Once I saw a game named "Spanish only". I spend 1 hour playing another game and when I came back it was still there, no one had joined in. As if there are too many people on advanced settings...
AuthorReplies:
Robotic_Knave
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 05:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Ive seen it, but I dont think that it is a question of "foreigners are not allowed to enter here". It is a question of "we speak spanish in this room cause we dont speak english".

I am spanish, and sometimes Ive joined one of this rooms, Ive seen people from other countries join and Ive never seen them kicked.

So, next time you see it, join and enjoy

BTW, Ive also studied at La Salle ... a long time ago

[This message has been edited by Robotic_Knave (edited 07-31-2003 @ 05:18 AM).]

Rookierookie
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 09:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
La Salle goes all over the world, its not impossible.
SOyuncastor
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 11:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
hey man dont worry is just because they just want to have a relaxed game where they can chat and brag in their own languague... and they say that because they dont want a guy who can not understand the jokes and say to them "english please" when the 99% of the people playing can't.

the record system in AOE3 is like going to the bathroom outside your own house. Yes, it works but is dumb and needs to be fixed right away.
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 11:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
I've joined a few of the Spanish games but every time I try to join a French game, I get booted. I really enjoy playing in some of the Chinese games, there are some really good Chinese team players with "out of the ordinary" strats, usually makes for very interesting games. About 10% of my advanced games are against Brazilian opponents as well.
-

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Robotic_Knave
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 11:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Lol, I know its not impossible, lol
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 10:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
I'm lucky: I'm Chinese, I am pretty good at English, and I know some French as well. Should I learn German and Spanish as well?
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 01 August 2003 08:23 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
For AoM, language is not a barrier. I speak Spanish, Portuguese and English by default, but not Chinese. I've never had a problem playing AoM based in a language I don't understand. The game is the same and there are 1000's of players better than I am all over the world, why should I lose just in English! lol.
-

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
mummy9011
Mortal
posted 01 August 2003 12:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
i've played a few games with french and chinese, they were pretty nice.
and did anyone notice that the "taiwanese speaker" is recently disappeared. anyways, i like all those chinese and japanese words in the chatrooms!
arnitald
Mortal
posted 01 August 2003 12:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
yeh I always wonder how they can read that quickly
Actually I have a french friend since ages and he studies Japanese (he is in Japan for a month now) and he said me it is easy... Well not for everyone

If I weren't too lazy I would start learning at least the besics. Could be fun.

Mokon
Mortal
posted 01 August 2003 01:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
so? it is there right to do that

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • BraveKarma
    Mortal
    posted 01 August 2003 01:34 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
    It's too bad noone hosts a game "Turkish only" because I don't think there are more than 50 people playing on ESO in Turkey. I really would like to speak Turkish on ESO. I discovered how a wonderful language it is when I went to USA for 3 weeks.

I think it's the time to change my sig.
    karikarki
    Mortal
    posted 01 August 2003 03:53 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
    "I'm lucky: I'm Chinese, I am pretty good at English, and I know some French as well. Should I learn German and Spanish as well?"
    learn latin

circumminxo (i pee in a circle)

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames