You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Has anyone seen anything about plans with ESO?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Has anyone seen anything about plans with ESO?
alpine
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 05:23 AM EDT (US)         
In all the discussions about the x-pac I've not seen any comments by anyone at ES about their plans with ESO. I dare say ESO has been more complained about in the fan community than Set, Loki and Ra combined.

That's saying a lot.

Has anyone seen anything that would lead you to believe there will be any changes?

ESO Name: Commodus
Coming soon to a theater near you...
AuthorReplies:
OutThere
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 06:08 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Yeah Es is changing Eso

Quote:

Thanks for the news post X, don't want to disappoint you . Richard G from the ESO team, did give me an update. But sadly nothing I can publicly say at this time.

I did talk to Paul B, He's got a nice idea to show off some future changes on ESO. Need to get approve for this first, but it sounds like a cool idea.

Quote:

As we are tight on time in our little web department (Vance and Myself). Vance has been doing an outstanding job as the ES webmaster when he can. We hired him out to the design department for XML coding on the interfaces. (by the way, the ESO interfaces are really nice - Need to check when we can release a SS or two of that).

Random Quotes from ES_Archangel

Quintus
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 06:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
We've heard about making changes to balance of the game but nothing on ESO about the structure of it, I hope they at least fix the bugs in ESO in the 1.07 patch. If they improve it in the x-pack, even better. It has been suggested that they will improve it, but only the interface, so hopefully it means they will make more in depth changes.

Don't judge those who try and fail.
Judge only those who fail to try.

[This message has been edited by Quintus (edited 07-31-2003 @ 06:12 AM).]

alpine
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 06:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Thanks for those quotes. Typically these types of adjustments are made in expansions not in patches, so, I've got my fingers crossed.

Que2
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 02:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
"I did talk to Paul B, He's got a nice idea to show off some future changes on ESO."

I would like to see less new ideas and instead, BUG FIXES. Make it solid before you add more functionality unlkess the functionality replaces older functionality.

Solver
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 03:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Yes, they did say ESO will be changed.

I am on the happy side, though, never had any big problems with ESO. I can join games, my ratings get uploaded, etc. Only very rarely I come accross a bit of trouble, and then I solve it by restarting AoM.

Solver, a proud Age community veteran.
Jk_Realn
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 05:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
ES_Vega told me on MSNm that they have a 30 member crew working on ESO. Is this true?

And how come you guys arent advertising the new ESO that will come out for the Expansion? Whats it going to be like? Anything big ideas or is it just going to be a small new upgrade on the old ESO?

AgeMyth
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 09:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
GIVE US THE DAMN SCREENSHOTS ALREADY!!!!

i rem after the alpha ES posted the new screens of ESO and it was fukking amazing....that was a HUGE improvement!

alpine
Mortal
posted 01 August 2003 01:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
ESO might be the change I look forward too the most in the expansion. ;-)

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames