You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch or No Patch?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch or No Patch?
TheBigDonkey
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 05:49 AM EDT (US)         
By the way I've read things lately, I don't think there will be another patch before the x-pack simply because you never hear anything about a patch its all x-pack all the time. I also have a logical reason why we won't get another patch. It is because they need to have a standard by which to balance the Atlanteans. Certainly at this moment they have a team working on balance for the x-pack. And if they release another patch it could throw a big ole' monkey wrench into the problem of balancing the atlanteans, especially if some new crazy strat comes about as a result of a patch.

But anyway thats just my opinion.

ESO Nicks: AoA_Donkey, TheBigDonkey, MrBJohnson, UltraNewb, BOOMUrDead, IAmFlamboyant
Highest rated nicks: 1749 with Isis 1730 with Poseidon
"thank you, you changed my life" oxyGENIUS to Coke Kid after reading another one of his "famous" posts
"I'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
AuthorReplies:
The Golden Arm
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 05:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Apparently they are working on 1.07 and it may be out before the Xpansion, thats what i herd anyway.

ESO =AoA_Disarm_,pR150n_53X
Other Nicks IamDisarm ,When_Apes_Attack ,Run_With_Scissors ,Testament ,The_Golden_Arm ,
Have no way as way
Have no limitations as limitations - Bruce Lee

aom dude
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
If the patch comes out before the xpack than it is meant to balance the current civs. With the xpack there will be a lot of balance changes that make sure that the xpack is balanced. The patch has nothing to do with the xpack.

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude
bad_mood_dude
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 00:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
i think they are working on 1.07, but the xpack is gonna be based on 1.07. I'm sure that quite a few people wont get the xpack, so they'll make 1.08, 1.09 etc., while making patches for the xpack

~*Bad_Mood_Dude*~

ESO: badmooddude

alpine
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 03:19 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Look at it this way, the xpac is only less than two months away (!), you don't have that long to wait.

ESO Name: Commodus
Coming soon to a theater near you...
TheBigDonkey
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 06:12 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       

Quote:

The patch has nothing to do with the xpack.

Ok lets assume that they do put out a patch. And for a hypothetical example, we'll say that Set is indeed weakened substantially, and some other god, lets say Thor becomes the strongest and someone comes up with some crazy thor strat that is overpowered. The balance team for the x-pack will then have to go back and make even more changes to try to balance the game, and with these changes they'll have to consider the effect it will have on the new Atlantean civ. This all equals more development time which we all agree should be avoided (Get x-pack out ASAP!)

ESO Nicks: AoA_Donkey, TheBigDonkey, MrBJohnson, UltraNewb, BOOMUrDead, IAmFlamboyant
Highest rated nicks: 1749 with Isis 1730 with Poseidon
"thank you, you changed my life" oxyGENIUS to Coke Kid after reading another one of his "famous" posts
"I'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
aom dude
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 08:05 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I meant the patch 1.07. If it comes out before the xpack than it won't have the major balance changes of the xpack, maybe set will even be more powerfull in the xpack because else he would be beaten by the atlanteans.

So when a civ in the xpack could be stronger for balance compared to the atlanteans, the civ could be made weaker in the 1.07 patch to balance it with the excisting civ. I hope you get my point.

PS, of course new patches will be made for the xpack. Those patches will be xpack related not AoM related, meaning that they balance the xpack and can't be used for normal AoM.

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude
ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 19 August 2003 11:41 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
1.07 is probably the final patch for AOM because we assume most players will transition to the Xpack and we want to spend our efforts there.

1.07 brings a small fraction of the Xpack changes to the table, but it does fix some of the most glaring problems. Personally, I would much rather play the Xpack, but just as some people prefer AOK to AOK:TC, there will probably be some players who want to stick with AOM. Patch 1.07 is mostly for them.

I speak primarily of balance. We will continue to patch vanilla AOM if there are technical problems we can solve.

goodbaby
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 12:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Just curious.What will ES do to boost online player number?
Currently,when I play on weekday at 17:00(West coast time),it's like 1000.If it's 22:00,there will be only 600-700 players online.That's pathetic.
GOD_OF_WAR
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 05:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
you can MAKE people play. if thgey quit AoM they won't be looking for news that it's pathed. the best they can do is advertise more, and that costs queit a bit.

to choose doubt as a philosophy of life is like to choose immobility as a means of transportation.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames