You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Is there any way to keep from being drop tricked?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is there any way to keep from being drop tricked?
Dealer
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 03:07 PM EDT (US)         
I had just started a rated match, and about 3 minutes into it, my opponent said he made a big mistake and asked to save. I said no. Immediately afterward, the "player not responding" window came up. I waited out the timer, I won, but I got no points from the game and it did not show up on holbert. When someone does this, what are you supposed to do? Is it necessary to click on "drop player" to get the points, or are you supposed to get the points if you just let the timer run out without voting on "save" "drop player" or "wait"? Is there ANYTHING a player can do to avoid being drop tricked? This game was only an incomplete, I did not LOSE points, but I should have had the win.

I don't care if you delete your ulfsark, forget to build a villie for 60 seconds, delete your tc, forget to build a temple, whatever. The difference between winning and losing is often based on who makes more mistakes. If you make a big mistake, you probably deserve to lose. That is the essence of competition.

[This message has been edited by Dealer (edited 08-14-2003 @ 04:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 14 August 2003 09:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
The best way to beat the droptricker is to repeatedly press the Wait button, and hit Drop Player when it's timed out.

Sometimes it doesn't work though. But if you're lucky, you'll gain the pts.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
the_red_chimp
Flesh Eating Weasel
posted 14 August 2003 11:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
It's not like you had invested a whole lot of time in the game. But, on the advice side, I'd just keep hitting wait if I were you. I think there must be a time that has to be passed before a game can be rated.
wizard_felix
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 12:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Not true, I was playing a rated game and I was eating my opponent and suddenly my computer went off(thanks to the NYC BlackoutWe were way past 30min. into the game.Once the power came ack I went to the ESO website and checked my rating, it was still the same as when I started the game, then I checked my opponents and it was the same too. I guess was a player is disconnected and drop the match is a non-contest.
Dealer
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 01:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I'm not 100% sure, but I think if one player disconnects, and the other player selects 'save and exit' when the 'player is not responding' screen comes up, the game is logged as an incomplete.
guinea_pig_0
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 08:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
or maybe he was blacked out as well so ESO couldn't decide who to give the points to
SavvyPlayer
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 11:16 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Played a team rated game yesterday in which we kicked some serious a$$. One of our oppnents went into droptrick land but eventually the game resumed and we made short work of his partner (who also droptricked). Once returning to the shell, not only did we not get the win, but our opponents got the win! This was a widely exploited problem prior to one of the early patches, then seemed to disappear for a while. It's back. You should consider yourself lucky for not actually having lost points as a result of the droptrick.
ulfsarkish_swede
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 11:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I wonder what eso is plannin to do about that....

Whether you win by an inch, or by a mile... Winnings winning!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames