You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Multiplayer
Bottom
Topic Subject:Multiplayer
wizard_felix
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 01:46 AM EDT (US)         
When the game is launching on ESO what do the green and red circles mean next to ur name(sometimes it turns green or it turns red)?
AuthorReplies:
The Dover Demon
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 02:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
I don't know for sure, but I guess red is for not ready and green is for ready. Once everyone turns green the game starts.
Quintus
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 05:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
There's a slim green/yellow/red light to the left of your name.
This is your ping. Green = good, Red = Bad
To the right of your name there is a Green/red box.
When you're ready you click the box (currently red), turning it green, showing the other players you're ready to start.
If you want to change something, like your team or civ, you click the boc again, turning it back to red, you can then change things.
When all players have checked their ready boxes to green (or "clicked in") the game automatically starts.
Green = ready, Red = Not ready.

Don't judge those who try and fail.
Judge only those who fail to try.
Yooda
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 08:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       

Quote:

When the game is launching on ESO

Quintus, I think he didn't mean the 'ready' button but the buttons next to your name while the game is launching (the same moment you see what map you're playing on or what God you worhip if you chose Random)
I think The Great Dover Demon is right: when all buttons are green, everyone has loaded and the game begins.

Nerf... something!
wizard_felix
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 12:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Thanks guys, I actually thought that once it was green for any player they started the game first than the others!!!
Nights_Delusion
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 12:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
It kinda did since you can que up villys when you get green.

"And sometimes I reflect, sit, and wish that I was ignorant, unaware of the poison so I could enjoy sipping it"Slug
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 01:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
It turns Green when you are actually connected, that's why you can start queing up vils etc.

It appears to connect to the faster connections first, or maybe it's the more local or closer connections. I'm on cable modem and it always turns green immediatly for me.
-

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Dark_Insane
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 05:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
LoL, so someone with the best pc and the best internet connection will be able to queue vills faster than his opponent. Oh,my this is hacking!

Insanity Is an ability not a skill, you have it and you cannot gain it...
GOTD_FireCobra
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 09:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
Well, the vills won't start training untill the game has actualy started though. It might just have saved him one second...

The very irregular poster...
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 10:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
on the launching screen, I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with connection. I'm pretty sure that it's all computer based- whose computer can load up the map fastest. I havea horrible internet connection but a pretty high-end computer, and am usually the first or one of the first to be ready.
wizard_felix
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 09:43 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
So you guys are actually saying that some people get to start the game first than others because your computer is powerful???...That sucks!!!
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 01:33 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
no... the game doeasn't start until all comps are ready. even if your comp is ready, it stays at the launching screen until all the comps are ready.

the only thing that you can do if your comp is ready before your opponent's is queu up vills at the TC.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames