You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Where the heck is everyone?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Where the heck is everyone?
Pug
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 11:03 PM EDT (US)         
Coming from an Aok TC and having 10000+ people online this game sucks for that. I ususally see anywhere from 900-2000 people and thats it. 2000, well i havent seen that in a long time either. The weekend seems to rev on up to 1300-1800 usually. Im on usually from 10 pm- 1 am, eastern standard time. Just curious what it is like in other time zones? Maybe Ill reschedule my routine.

R.I.P Shiva
AuthorReplies:
TheBigDonkey
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 11:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
There are 10000 people there Pug, they are all hiding from you.

Its funny how lots of people flaunt the massive numbers of people playing AoK, but when you go to play, it still takes like 30 mins to get a game. The "# online" stat is distorted by people who leave comp on and camp in the zone all the time.

So basically my point is, I don't give a flying...erm...squirrel how many people are online. As long as I can find a game that I would like to play in (which i can no matter the hour), I couldn't care less if there were 8 people online. So in summary, just shut up and play the game

ESO Nicks: AoA_Donkey, TheBigDonkey, MrBJohnson, UltraNewb, BOOMUrDead, IAmFlamboyant
Highest rated nicks: 1749 with Isis 1730 with Poseidon
"thank you, you changed my life" oxyGENIUS to Coke Kid after reading another one of his "famous" posts
"I'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"

[This message has been edited by TheBigDonkey (edited 08-17-2003 @ 11:11 PM).]

andyboy2k2
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 00:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
The reason nobody's playing AoM is because AoC is better than AoM in almost every way except for the graphics and the unique units for each civ. (I might be missing out on something). ESO never really had that many people playing on it in the first place. I've seen anything from 24 (first day) to 4000. I'm sure the Atlanteans will bring some more people to ESO. And yeah, I'm sure more people are willing to let some zone program run in the background other than AoM.

Andyboy2k2
FPH_Freki
Member of the FPH Clan
Indigo_Box
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 07:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
EVE ONLINE PROBABLY
Pipalonias
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 07:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Maybe everyone decided to take a break from aom and not play it all day I play around 0-15 games a day... depending on how I feel, so maybe everyone has just felt like not playing for a couple of months :\
outrage_AOM
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 08:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
I got to 1850 then realised I couldnt get any better with the amount of time I was dedicating to the game (bout a game a day). So I quit.

Plus there was also the fact of being in EST zone so there were like only 300-400 ppl on ESO at this time.

Then add to that the fact that ESO sucks.. dropouts, bugs etc.. etc.. lag.

outrage_AOM
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 08:43 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
AND.... the fact that there were no 1800+ only guilds.

Only 1900+ or nothing.

I had thought about joining eX_.. yet I realised i'd never get good enough on my own.

[This message has been edited by outrage_AOM (edited 08-18-2003 @ 08:45 AM).]

TheBigDonkey
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 01:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Andyboy2k2 plz try to not state your opinion as though it is a fact. YOU like AoK better, that doesn't mean everyone else does. YOU like the zone better, that doesn't mean everyone else does (especially me, i loathe making trips back to the zone, too many idiots, flooders, sysops etc). AoKs graphics are painfully outdated and downright ugly now. And the gameplay is soo slow. By the time people reach feudal in AoK, most AoM gamers are reaching the heroic age and the game is nearing its conclusion. But, alas, I will stop arguing for AoM now as I know it won't change your mind. (that is if your mind is not the thing you are "missing out on")

ESO Nicks: AoA_Donkey, TheBigDonkey, MrBJohnson, UltraNewb, BOOMUrDead, IAmFlamboyant
Highest rated nicks: 1749 with Isis 1730 with Poseidon
"thank you, you changed my life" oxyGENIUS to Coke Kid after reading another one of his "famous" posts
"I'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
andyboy2k2
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 01:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Yes, it is my opinion that AoK is better than AoM. But I'm just pointing out that maybe that's why more people play AoC than AoM. Also, I despise zone. I much prefer ESO, although it does need some new improvements/features. And who really cares about graphics? Yes, the AoK graphics may be outdated, but the game is still fun. And about gameplay, I prefer the slow style, but I'm sure some (if not most) of you prefer the AoM "faster" style.

Andyboy2k2
FPH_Freki
Member of the FPH Clan
ulfsarkish_swede
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 03:44 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
ESO sux??
I dont think so

Give em some time and they will fix all those BUGS

Mojo14
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 04:09 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10