You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Leaving Aom :(
Bottom
Topic Subject:Leaving Aom :(
The Golden Arm
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 11:07 PM EDT (US)         
Ive decided to throw in the towel with Aom for one reason. I played a game today, 1800ish players involved. Now my opponent, made straight Raiding Cav, which is fine, i though, hey why not make [b]straight spears[b] that would counter them, wouldnt it? they were FU to Heroic and had Anubis Spear Tech? Well the short answer is, no it didnt, and if spears dont counter ONE unit armys like the raider then fine, ill find myself another game. Im probably just babling, ill probably be back tommorrow, who knows, all i want for this game, is for counters to work, thats all, well that and Set to be nerfed.

ESO =AoA_Disarm_,pR150n_53X
Other Nicks IamDisarm ,When_Apes_Attack ,Run_With_Scissors ,Testament ,The_Golden_Arm ,
Have no way as way
Have no limitations as limitations - Bruce Lee

AuthorReplies:
TheBigDonkey
Mortal
posted 17 August 2003 11:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
I just looked at the rec of that game (TGA and I were both Isis, they were both Odin). It was ghost lake, and the gold piles were extremely unfair. Both of us get 1 gold pile by our tc and none in the back corner between our tcs, one of them got 2 gold piles near tc and the other had 1 pile by tc, 1 near tc and one sheltered back in the corner. So for my 2nd gold pile (my first ran out in early classic) i had to go the middle of the map on the edges for 2 gold piles there. That all added up to RC dogmeat. It was just a gay map. *shrugs*

ESO Nicks: AoA_Donkey, TheBigDonkey, MrBJohnson, UltraNewb, BOOMUrDead, IAmFlamboyant
Highest rated nicks: 1749 with Isis 1730 with Poseidon
"thank you, you changed my life" oxyGENIUS to Coke Kid after reading another one of his "famous" posts
"I'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"

[This message has been edited by TheBigDonkey (edited 08-17-2003 @ 11:23 PM).]

prankster959
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 01:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
For some reason I read that as Brittany Spears and I was like WTF and then i reread it and its straight spears. Anyway she is straight i'm pretty sure. IMO RC are counterable by spearmen, but they could use a small hack armor decrease.

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz 800 FSB, xfx 7800gt OC 256mb, 1gb ddr2 ram @ 533mhz, 160gb raid 0 HD

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 01:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
quit playing if you want, it isn't going to change anything.
aZebl
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 03:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
Boo hoo, the spears aren't straight! Tough ****

Who gives a **** if you leave? Nobody gives a damn.

J_Bone
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 04:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
Well, if the Golden Arm says he's gonna leave, it's probably an indication that others feel the same thing.... anyways, come try again after the X-pack comes out!

Yes folks it's me!!!!
Stimpy_LOL
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 04:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
aZebel..no one cares what u say..so shutup...run your self a cold Bath....let it fill to the top..and put ur head in..and dont take it out
Elendil_King
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 08:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
Dont leave yet Golden arm

wait for patch seven and see what happens. I fyou dont like the changes, then take your decision.

EvilCat_Knight
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 08:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
the other guy probably had more rcs than you had spears

Vigilance_ca
It's all about vigilance
Humans are both the smartest and dumbest organisms on the planet
The Golden Arm
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 02:01 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
@-aZebl stfu

@-Elendil Ok ill wait, just cause you were do damn nice about it

@-Evil Cat, 2 More Spears, Both had All Armoury / Line upgrades at Heroic level. 1 Special Tech Each, me with Serpent Spear, him with Thundering Hooves.

ESO =AoA_Disarm_,pR150n_53X
Other Nicks IamDisarm ,When_Apes_Attack ,Run_With_Scissors ,Testament ,The_Golden_Arm ,
Have no way as way
Have no limitations as limitations - Bruce Lee

ulfsarkish_swede
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 03:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
I felt like that 100 times so far but i allways come back cause this game is the best online game ever (Love it):P
nzoldager
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 04:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
dis,

wots up? send me the rec man i cant believe wot ur saying. u should cream those rc esp. pop/spamming new ones wise.

cheers.

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 19 August 2003 08:10 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
Have a nice time, TGA.

I experience a slight trouble with my Zeus vs eggy and the slingers in Supremacy, and the fact that the majority of the Supremacy -1700 players go Norse makes me refraining from Supremacy.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
arnitald
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 09:17 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
How many spearmen have you got?
Of course 4 spearmen don't kill 4 RC (haven't tested, just hypothetic). That would be unbalanced, because a spearman is cheaper. You can counter RC pretty well with them.
Is there a replay btw?.

And don't leave because of one game...

And don't wish to have complete paper-scissors system. Then it would look like CC Generals, where expensive units get killed with 2 hits from cheap units. That means that you must micro like hell to keep the units behind so they don't die in 2 secs by fighting their counters or armies mixed with their counters.

[This message has been edited by arnitald (edited 08-19-2003 @ 09:22 AM).]

smatter2
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 10:31 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
There will be no patch 7. Patch 7=AOMX

somewhere a clock is ticking
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 19 August 2003 11:23 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
Smatter2, according to Archangel, ES are working on 1.07;

Quote:

Patch 1.07 - for Age of Mythology, will be released close to Expansion street date and addresses ESO compatibility and other issues (no details to release at this time).

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
Phat Fox
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 01:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
Peace man never played u but im sure you were good. as for me ive quit a long time ago. O and stimpy glad to see u mad LOL. good luck with that.

AOM Titan Info.
Rating: 1650+
Civ. : #1 Thor #2 kronos #3 Odin
ESO : Blunt_69 aka CV_KiNGPiN
Phat Fox
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 08:43 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
btw i wonder how many people have left aom because of this crap. Most of the experts have.

AOM Titan Info.
Rating: 1650+
Civ. : #1 Thor #2 kronos #3 Odin
ESO : Blunt_69 aka CV_KiNGPiN
EvilCat_Knight
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 09:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
Spearmen cost 70 resources, rcs cost 90 resources, so I decided to simulate 9 spears vs 7 rcs. according to som, 4 spears survive. so 630 resources worth of spears beat 630 resources worth of rcs

Vigilance_ca
It's all about vigilance
Humans are both the smartest and dumbest organisms on the planet
SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 09:35 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
You treat AOM like some kind of girlfriend. You dont like something so you dump it. You are a loser. Its a game- deal with it. Nobody wants to hear all your whiny crap. We all know that RCs are rigged and it will probably get fixed in the next patch. For now, STFU, or get out of here.

I told you I'd be back.
Socvazius
CEO
(id: Angel Socrateius)
posted 19 August 2003 09:53 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
Closed for flaming.

Angel Socvazius | Chief Executive Officer, HeavenGames LLC
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!"
HeavenGames | Join the Facebook Group | The HG Blog
Soccy's Periodic Obsession: ROFLCon
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames