You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Smurf some data
Bottom
Topic Subject:Smurf some data
arii
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 08:34 AM EDT (US)         
I decided to gather data about the oponents that have beaten me over the last 2 days. I am a 1750 player but am typically between 1675 and 1750 because of all the smurfing.

G_Battu_jojo8 games played170987%(percent win)admitted to be 1900
Tw_soul7g173085% NA (no answear to his real ranking not even gg)
Dennis_isis5g1721100%NA (no answear to his real ranking not even gg)
Slt_shadowdragon177271g61% (admitted to be a 1790 player)

So basically 75% of the games I lost were against obvious smurfs and the other 25% was against a player who should be close to 1800 but had been smurfed down to my level.
So to the people who keep saying smurfing is not that bad, you are just a sorry loser, you just played somebody better and now accuse him of being a smurf, you should learn from playing highly rated players: kiss my a _ _
It's like having an election and allow people to vote as many times as they want. The whole ladder is pointless when there is more than 1 account per indivdual. It's just wide open for abuse like point trading at the top (the reason why there is so much smurfing going on).
My goal is to have fun playing the game. That only happen when I play a competitive game against somebody at my level (whether I win or loose I still have fun). Right now it is not possible to have fun since I play people bellow my level (I don't have fun crushing 1700 players), smurfs or 1800 players who have been smurfed down.
Eso you are loosing a lot of players by letting this going on.
For other players who want to check who they loose to, write the name at the begining of the game (you may not see the name again) and after do a player search and look his stat.
This is what a regular player looks like:
RyanK127g52%
Fishfood_sogood51g58%
This what a smurf looks like:
XXXXX less than 50 game more that 60% win

AuthorReplies:
Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 08:45 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15       

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Not another pointless thread about "bohoo, mommy, I have lost again to those bad-bad little blue men"

Yes, we all know about smurfs - please do not keep starting new threads about the same stupid issue.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
ulfsarkish_swede
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 12:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Arii this is exactly whats goin on , Smurs are takin over MORE and MORE and ESO is losing players . ESO needs to do somethin very smart and fast or they are doomed with this online gaming...
Demolition Ship Captain
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 12:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
i think making almost all games rated was a step in the wrong direction. When there's stuff like ratings involved, then it encourages lame tactics like cheating for points, and point trading with friends :/

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Preparation can only take you so far... After that you gotta take a few leaps of faith.
Mr_Boingy
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 12:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Yeah saying that tho, 3 smurfs out of the last 30 games... is that SO bad????
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 01:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Just do like the rest of us and play Advanced until ES finds a solution (if ever).
-

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 01:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       

Quote:

Slt_shadowdragon 1772 71g 61% (admitted to be a 1790 player)

that's not a smurf....
people whine and complain too much about smurfs. it's just a game, it's just a number. nothing to get angry about.

chunky_monkey
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 01:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
agree^^

People with creative minds can create their own signatures, unlike me.
Quintus
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 01:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       

Quote:

people whine and complain too much about smurfs. it's just a game, it's just a number. nothing to get angry about.

Well said Chrono. Totally agree.

I think the fact that there is increased competition on ESO, because of the rating system, it encourages cheating to win. Hacks, point trading, smurfing e.t.c.

Don't judge those who try and fail.
Judge only those who fail to try.
arii
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 02:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
iam_Chrono_J please reread my post: I did not say that stl_shadow was a smurf, I say he was a close to 1800 player that has been smufed down to my level
It's just a game yes, but my fun time is valuable to me. Unlike (probably) you I do not have an unlimited supply of time where I can have fun playing a computer game. Playing an 1900 player against my choice is wasting my time.
Anyone There
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 03:03 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
Well, if you're a 1750 player then you should have no problems about being matched against a 1800 or so. There's not many players on eso. Differences of about 50 or maybe even more points in rated games is quite common.
And, I'm just over 1800 now. I have only ever seen one smurf and that was when I was smurfing myself.
arii
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 03:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
I have no problem with playing somebody right around 1800. It is usually a fun and competitive game. My problem is with the other 3 examples.
Stimpy_LOL
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 04:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
i got to 1738 with losing 2 games but some times i find it hard to beat 1600-1650 playerz who aint smurfs
Aetius
HG Alumnus
(id: Flavius Aetius)
posted 18 August 2003 04:42 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
Someone in the 1700's with anything lower than 100% is almost definitley not a 1900 player.

<--Aetius-->
<--Ex Angel-->
<--eX Clan - Support HG-->
<--ESO: eX_Aetius-->
Fenrir_the_Beast
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 04:52 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
man i hate those smurfs. it is so hard to get in a game without them.i think i am just going to get it to a high rating for me and keep it there.

[img]http://aom.kamejoko.net/?id=Fenrir_the_Beast[/img]

How do you keep an idiot in suspense for hours?

Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 18 August 2003 05:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       

First whatever Aetius said is correct

Second, no names/personal accusations regarding the smurfs.

All games you lose doesn't mean they are smurfs, people can sometimes be just better than you.

Closing this,

Kumar Shah

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames