You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Why was the bookmark feature removed in recorded games?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why was the bookmark feature removed in recorded games?
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 19 August 2003 03:31 PM EDT (US)         
As far as I recall, an option that let you make bookmarks in recorded games was included in the beta, but why was it removed in the retail version of AoM?

Speaking of recorded games, when you watch a recorded game from the enemy's perspective, the screen doesn't follow the movements you make with the mouse. The screen just gets stuck for a couple of seconds, then it moves to another spot on the map... that's kind of annoying.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 19 August 2003 05:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I recall one of the programmers using the words 'critical problems'. Can't remember where it was said though. The bookmarks didn't work properly in the beta anyway, iirc.

As for the other thing...to cut down rec game filesizes, they only record camera movements for the player who recorded the game. In early builds of AoM, the rec game filesizes were unpractically large (1 meg+ according to Theta) so ES put a bit of work into making them much smaller.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 19 August 2003 05:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Ok, thanks for the heads-up, TSD.
You're my hero.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames