You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Favorite age(empires,kings,mytholgy) games?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Favorite age(empires,kings,mytholgy) games?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Titan smasher
Mortal
posted 24 September 2003 10:35 PM EDT (US)         
I was wondering which of the age games is your favorite.
Mine is Age of the Empire it is just because it is the hardest for me.

P.s if this has ready been asked aready sorry or if it is in the wrong area.

Me like to smash do you?

[This message has been edited by Titan smasher (edited 09-24-2003 @ 10:41 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Pipalonias
Mortal
posted 24 September 2003 10:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 34       
hmm age of empires was the one that started it all, but it had major imbalances and you would normally just spam hoplites/legions or something... deathmatches were fun though, you built around 35 barracks as chosen and spammed legions hehehe... But playing it now the graphics are bad and the things too big....

Age of Kings was also good, but castles were just simply too strong... and the first to the 3rd age usually won.

Imo Age of Mythology is the best balanced, as you can do a variety of strategies and it's not just spam one unit ( cept for Posiedon > )

[This message has been edited by Pipalonias (edited 09-24-2003 @ 10:40 PM).]

Meteora
Mortal
posted 24 September 2003 10:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 34       
Age of Empires is my favorite, but probably just for the nostalgia and the atmoshpere of it. Actually, Rise of Rome is my favorite.

Almost forgot...

Castles too strong? Look in a history book, they were overpowered in real life too.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Meteora (edited 09-24-2003 @ 10:58 PM).]

DaMijit
Mortal
(id: tobymac)
posted 24 September 2003 11:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 34       
The Conquerors, with AoM in a close second
matty
Immortal
posted 24 September 2003 11:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 34       
Rise of Rome. I peaked there I've never had as much free time since! Multiplayer gaming was in a stage of innocence back then that can never be repeated.
EvilCat_Knight
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 00:58 AM EDT (US)     5 / 34       
aom rules. isn't that why we play it and not the others?

Vigilance_ca
It's all about vigilance
Humans are both the smartest and dumbest organisms on the planet
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 25 September 2003 01:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 34       

Quoted from matty:

Rise of Rome. I peaked there I've never had as much free time since! Multiplayer gaming was in a stage of innocence back then that can never be repeated.

Same with me AoE is my all time favorite, not any other game has made such changes into my life. AoE (not ror yet) was the first rts I've played, and still the best. Before I bought the gold edition I played the demo every day, playing the cpn all over again and again, I loved it so much

At the moment, AoM is my favorite now... But nothing beats old fashion AoE

Duskofdead
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 01:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 34       
Age of Kings. It was a big step up from AoE at its time, I was like "WOW!" when I saw it the first time. Age of Conquerors was OK but it didn't add anything crucially great except that gatherers automatically started working after building a dropoff site. The new civs were so-so, imbalanced a bit. I also kind of wish rather than doing two central American tribes they'd done one and added a northern Plains Indian tribe, would have been more diverse.

AoM is, in technical specs, by far the "best", but in gameplay I find some problems with it that put it beneath AoK. (Total inability to play defensively, for one. A good strategic game should allow for a lot of possibilities on ANY map, not force you to play quick & offensive whether on water or land.)

TheRevolut1on
Banned
posted 25 September 2003 02:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 34       
Rise of Rome trial version is the best. I had more fun playing that then any of the age games.
glorfindels_army
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 11:15 AM EDT (US)     9 / 34       
Well AOM TT Will be my fave. But for now AOM.

Glorfindel -Age of Mythology Heaven
My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!
Eso rates/names= Tartariandog-1600, PW_Glorfindel_- 1556, PW_Glorfindel__-1600.
Winner of the most underated forumer award!

Mivhael
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 11:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 34       

Quote:

aom rules. isn't that why we play it and not the others?

What else can i add?

Current Projects: Thinking of a good signature 0%
Player_Theta_
Immortal
posted 25 September 2003 01:35 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34       
Rise of Rome without a doubt. I had soo much fun with that game. The group of people I played with and against had a different mentality back then.
Sulphent
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 01:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34       
I actually preferred the first AOE game the most, it was a different experience.

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Duskofdead
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 01:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34       
Who said we don't play the others?
RoD_ReaVer
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 02:21 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34       
personalyl i wanna see a AoC style AoM, like 18 civs with hundreds of mythunits!!!

man that would be the life, so many options, not just one OP strat, that is wut i wanna se eso do. U HEAR ME!!!

i mean look at the options

china
japan
Aztec
Indian
American Indian
Tranzylvanis(he he)
African
Russian area
and
many
many
more

talos
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 06:05 PM EDT (US)     15 / 34       
Neverhood! ...
oh wait from the age series= AOM. i liked the others at the time but i recently tried them again and i just couldn`t do anything. in AOE i trie like a 100 times to tell a building to produce 2 units in the same time, well it never worked!

The great Gold Giant- Talos
TheRevolut1on
Banned
posted 25 September 2003 06:16 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34       
Id play Rise of Rome more but lets face it no one plays trial version really any more and the few that do for the most part use nofog. Full ver is full of hacks and cheats. I play my old freinds if I see them online but thats about it.

BTW some of the old timers play from time to time and they play with more skill today then most of the top aom players. You play the same game for 7 years and you`ll get good at it.

[This message has been edited by TheRevolut1on (edited 09-25-2003 @ 06:19 PM).]

NS_Cymophane
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 06:21 PM EDT (US)     17 / 34       
In Aok i met nice friends, I learned the most skills during Aoc, and I like Aom for the god powers. I don't know

I miss zone friends, but I don't miss the zone.

Member of NoFx
ESO: NoFx__Cymophane from now on
My website: www.cymophane.tk with Odin recordings and some more
NoFx site: www.nofx.clans.cc
talos
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 06:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 34       
my list for all time favorite games:
1.Neverhood
2.abe`s oddysee
3.LBA 2
4.AOM
5.AOE

so out of the my top 5 there are 2 age games.

Ashigaru
Mortal
posted 25 September 2003 09:25 PM EDT (US)     19 / 34       
AoM. The first time I saw some of the god powers and saw my cyclopses throwing things around, I was like wow...
Hammertime
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 07:23 AM EDT (US)     20 / 34       
I played the AOK demo religiously for months - there's that first-time magic that you can't recapture, even in AOK full version. There's also a strange tie-in with peach hand soap, but let's not go there...

I got AOM in December, didn't play it in months, and have just been picking it up in the past one or two months.

For quality: AOM. For nostalgia: AOK.

RoD_ReaVer
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 02:34 PM EDT (US)     21 / 34       
hey now wut is neverhood? is it a comp game???

and

please es, make alot more civs, maybe for DL, thatd be kool

The Red Knight
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 04:13 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34       
AOK:TC forever. Best RTS ever. If ES gave Aok a 3-d engine it would sell more than Aom.

The Red Knight

"Must. Have. Flyswatter" - Soccy
RoD_ReaVer
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 04:23 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34       
actually one of the reasons that it is more popular is more comps can run it, i would prefer a AOC style aom

13 civs with a mythology for each!!!

talos
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 05:05 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34       

Quote:

hey now wut is neverhood? is it a comp game???

Neverhood is the best Quwst game ever and my all time favorite. it was made by the late Dreamworks Interactive in 1996. the whole set and graphics of the game are made from clay only! including the charecters and the animation. its also the smartest game ever made. its a true piece of very good art .

RoD_ReaVer
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 05:24 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34       
r u serious or jokin, ive never seen it and a game that "good" must be popular.
talos
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 05:28 PM EDT (US)     26 / 34       
its from 1996! in that time it was very popular. it should have been more popular today, i played it again for the 4th time recently and its still the best. i" see if i can find you a link for some pic or something...

edit: this is good enough: http://images.google.co.il/images?q=neverhood&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=iw

[This message has been edited by talos (edited 09-26-2003 @ 05:29 PM).]

SeaBass
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 06:52 PM EDT (US)     27 / 34       
I bought AoE just before RoR was released. Once RoR was out, I used to install it at my college's computers in the library and play online! Every night, the computers reset so I had to reinstall everytime I wanted to play. I was a sophmore at the time and was sailing through intro courses so I used to play 5 or 6 nights/week! Made alot of friends and enjoyed the heck out of it.

So, for me RoR was the pinnacle of the Age series.

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.
DarkElf
Mortal
posted 26 September 2003 07:26 PM EDT (US)     28 / 34       
AoM is my favorite, just for the speed of things.

its so fast, and the god powers are sweet...i love how they change the course of the game.

·.¸¸.·´¯`· DarkElf ·´¯`·.¸¸.·
Proud Member of the Phantom Warriors
Disqualified Moron Number 3 in Flames' LPW v8.0
Your dad is more lazy than AIDS.
Nunc, lento sonitu dicunt, Morieris
Letheb
Mortal
posted 27 September 2003 01:06 AM EDT (US)     29 / 34       
AoE and RoR were so amazingly awesome when they came out... nothing else compares to the amazing times you had playing them. sadly, now if i try and play them, it is so... repeatitive that its not as much fun...

ESO- Lehteb

Once upon a time, I thought I was good at AoM. Then I logged onto ESO. My views have been altered

Battle Boar
Mortal
posted 27 September 2003 03:53 AM EDT (US)     30 / 34       
RoR.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames