You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » how many of you can beat Titan CPs?
Bottom
Topic Subject:how many of you can beat Titan CPs?
pimuni
Mortal
posted 28 September 2003 11:29 AM EDT (US)         
hello. I tried playing against a Titan CP and it DESTROYED me completely! I must be a very bad player since i cannot even beat a Moderate CP.

Anyways, I would like to know how many of you can beat a Titan CP or what CP level is it that you can beat.

Also, for the experts, could anyone tell me what is the best way to RUSH? thanks

AuthorReplies:
Mystic_Korean
Mortal
posted 28 September 2003 11:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
it's not that hard. You just have to learn how ti use the compiter's lack of intelligence to your side.
Things like sending one unit and then making it run in circles while you shoot the other units work.
Also, dont be scared of fort/midgol pushing, it works too.
Hardbein
Mortal
posted 28 September 2003 08:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
I can beat a hard with isis. I normally rush them to win though attack in classical finish them off in heroic. But mystic must be right about the titans because I can't beat them... their resource handicap is just to much to beat them with conventional playing.
Voucher_
Mortal
posted 28 September 2003 09:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
titans arnt that bad... cause theyre dumb. i was playing as thor, got attacked at 7 minutes or so by a 50 unit army. all i had to do was sent 2-3 calv by them and lead them to my ally. then i walled off my base, built a few ballistas, some hill forts, a couple dozen ulfs and axemen, beat his attacks, ect. after you get the advantage and turn the tide, the comp cant do anything to you.

the worst games are titan on those maps with HUGE resource stockpiles. the computer will have a maxed out pop and be in the last age just as you reach the last age and start building up. i usually take 30 minutes to turn the tide. but i rarely lose to the computer.

its not that it has a bad script. the problem is that they never update the ai scripting. the ai makes huge mistake, which is sad. on islands, they rarely even build ships. i mean, come on. the origional aoe had 100+ ai scripts!! now we get 3 lame scripts that SUCK and are never fixed. that is the one weak spot of all rts games; the ai is almost never even descent. oh well.

-Stupidity breeds Stupidity-
-Somebody get this frick'en duck away from me!-
Strong_Bad, at www.homestarrunner.com
-One by One, the penguins are stealing my sanity-
You got a problem with me? Well, i guess no-one is perfect.

[This message has been edited by Voucher_ (edited 09-28-2003 @ 09:59 PM).]

AgeMyth
Mortal
posted 28 September 2003 10:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
im pretty sure that every 1800+ person can beat titan.

Its really easy to beat 1 titan with set.

Svenmonkey
Mortal
posted 28 September 2003 10:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
I've beaten a Titan once, and I have no idea how, since I haven't a chance against one now (and I'm pretty sure I'm better than I was). I can beat three hard computers about 40% of the time, and anything below three hards is too easy.
signalfires
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 02:50 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
I couldn't beat it on Titan last time I tried.

s i g n a l f i r e s
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 08:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
I beat a 1x1 Titan only once, on River Nile, by denying access to my side of the map (total water control). I then had time to boom as Zeus and used the UW GP protected near the rivers edge with many siege ships. I've tried many times on land maps and come close on Jont, but can't quite make it, the Titans 100% advantage always out builds me.
-

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Yohan Hoogland
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 09:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
I can beat Hard easily now, but I'm trying to beat Titan. It never worked so far. Can any expert give me (us ) hints on what to do? I heard building wall around your base, and leaving a gap will make the titan computer redirect to that gap always. And now I hear of leading the army away with 2/3 units to an ally. Well, I guess this is only possible with an ally, so 1 vs 1 is harder then 2 vs 1 (duh)

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
LLBAD
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 11:59 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
last time i tried i beat titan
oljb007
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 12:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
yup......

Titans oljb007
Vanilla oljb007 (1684)

"am i a smurf if i beat you? Well, you are if you beat me" --isnt that the general idea of this game?

Ocean Wizard
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 12:56 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
To Yohan:
If you can beat hard, you can beat Titan 1vs1.
This is what you have to do:
-play mediterannean.
-set his personality to big boomer (I think)
-win the water
--> You have won.
I think it's easy to win vs a titan, however, if his personality is aggressive rusher, it's very difficult to win if you're not cheating (I mean: leading the army away with one soldier and things like that). But still, it isn't impossible.

Who doesn't fear the presence of water? But who doesn't fear the absence of water...
Water_Wizard --> water_wizard@hotmail.com
Current Project: Becoming the Number 1
PrtN_SIF_Ranger
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 08:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Beating the Titan is easy, voucher said the perfect strat that will win 95% of the time... walls walls walls, its all bout the walls, the comp is a retard... all you have to do is survive until you can match him in resource intake... map control... and beating his rush... walls make it rather easy to hold off the titan to give you the time you need to make a push on him... game over....

Never turn your back to a stranger while walking the streets of a town I call home, For death awaits you
www.prtn.clans.cc
Enraged Orange
Mortal
(id: RoboPaul88)
posted 29 September 2003 09:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       

Quote:

If you can beat hard, you can beat Titan 1vs1.

Uh, wrong. And setting to "Big Boomer" or using weird maps like River Nile is kinda cheap.

Beating Titan is a waste of time, it'll build bad habits and you'll do poorly online (because good strategies against a cheating computer will be destroyed by an intelligent human).

Pug
Mortal
posted 30 September 2003 09:10 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
I tried and got creamed, but I had it on lightening. Didnt realize it at first but decided to finish it out and lasted almost 15 min.

R.I.P Shiva
Phronetic_WannaB
Mortal
posted 30 September 2003 01:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       

Quote:

i mean, come on. the origional aoe had 100+ ai scripts!! now we get 3 lame scripts that SUCK and are never fixed. that is the one weak spot of all rts games; the ai is almost never even descent. oh well.

True. I'm surprised people don't bitch more. Playing comp for the sake of getting a feel for a BO, etc should at least be pleasurable. The speed of the Titan Comp is really just to make up for it's stupidity.

THE_champion95
Mortal
posted 30 September 2003 02:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
I find it very hard to beat titan comp i just cant do it. My rating is 1704 and I cant do it.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames