You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » I for one am glad I didn't pre-order the expansion
Bottom
Topic Subject:I for one am glad I didn't pre-order the expansion
Thegl
Banned
posted 29 September 2003 08:41 AM EDT (US)         
As the expansion is now officially released I assume this is the place to post all AOM related stuff.

From the facts I've read on it, I sure am glad I didn't pre-order the expansion. As your average greek player, I see nothing in it that will change the way I play the game, or make it more fun. More myth units? as zeus I already made all I wanted. Changed UU to respective buildings? Big whoop, with weapons of titans they already trained in no time, and certainly fast enough to drain your bank enough to nothing.

New tech? available in mythic, so pretty uninteresting.

I suppose the nerfs to norse amount to a beefs to greek, but honestly eggy was more of a pain lately, and I only see ancestors getting more powerful.

All in all, there were alot of balance changes, but nothing I wouldn't have expected to see in a patch. As I'm not interested in playing a new civ that is merely a hybrid of two others, AND a post mythic chenge to the game which will never be a factor in competative play-I'll be in the old rooms. Maybe room enough for me to move up the ranks in ratings now =)

AuthorReplies:
Yohan Hoogland
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 08:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
As you put it, it's fine for you. I did preordered it, and I'm glad I've done it.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
Pacalaca
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 11:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I agree kind of, though I'm still definately going to buy it. One thing about expansions packs is that they need to be all good. An extra civ, some new units and techs, a new campaign and maybe a couple new game types. I think balancing should be left to the patches. That's just my view on how they could make more money with these though.
Hope_
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 02:47 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Its worth getting just for the new ESO.
AlphaUriel
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 03:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       

Quote:

I'm not interested... a post mythic chenge to the game which will never be a factor in competative

Oh come on, how can making a Titan not sound cool to you? Don't you ever play team games? I'm *sure* you'll be seeing Titans in team games.
Duskofdead
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 06:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
I have to agree with him at least in the sense that this will be one of the slimmest x-packs I'd ponder spending money on. It's not adding very much to teh game... one tech and/or unit for each old civ, one new civ? That's virtually patch material... xpacks typically are either a ton of new units and building types and techs, OR the addition of several civs at least. I certainly don't think I'll pay 30 bucks for it... I'll wait for the price to drop.
XKostas
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 06:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
I didn't preorder it, but i'm buying it tomorrow after school, frankly I cant wait for it, I even had a dream once of me buying the expansion, thats how much I want to buy it.

ESO2 Name: Kostas
CCz_Darkness
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 06:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
It isn't exactly one civilization that has been added there are three different major gods and they have 9 minor gods as well. THe new ESO is a big change from the old one. And the fact that atlanteans are not exactly hybrids of the existing civilizations they are quite different form them. Also if you think this expansion has added very little than compared to this the Warcraft expansion has added nothing few new units, a new campaign and balance changes, no new civilization and nothing done to menhance multiplayer. I think ES has added alot there is alot more changed for greeks than just one tech.

[This message has been edited by CCz_Darkness (edited 09-29-2003 @ 06:29 PM).]

Meteora
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 06:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       

Quote:

It's not adding very much to teh game... one tech and/or unit for each old civ, one new civ? That's virtually patch material... xpacks typically are either a ton of new units and building types and techs, OR the addition of several civs at least.

Man, you're completely wrong here. The xpack IS adding a lot to the game. It's adding just as much as any other expansion pack. Let me take one moment to read the future...

Quoted from a future post from a random disoriented forumer:

But the Titans are only adding one more civ, the Conquerors added 5.

Well lets look at that for a second. The new civs for AoK all had the same tech tree. The only things they had different were unique units, some units and techs disabled, and a unique tech. There will actually be three new civs added to AoM, each of those is like adding new civs to AoK. But they had to come up with a new set of units, buildings, favor methods too. Not to mention the complicated problems with the new citizens. Then, they added 9 minor gods, all with their own godpowers, myth units, and multiple myth techs. So those three civilizations more than make up for 5 AoK style civs. Let me requote part of your posts:

Quote:

xpacks typically are either a ton of new units and building types and techs, OR the addition of several civs at least

That is what this expansion pack is adding. Actually, it's adding more than what you said. For the Titans itt would be "...a ton of new units and building types and tchs, AND the addition of several civs at least." Not to mention the new campaign, and the new editor.

Please cut the crap. You're being ridiculous. It sounds to me that you are just unhappy with ES' choice of the Atlanteans.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
AlphaUriel
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 09:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       

Quote:

frankly I cant wait for it, I even had a dream once of me buying the expansion, thats how much I want to buy it.

lol
Fobulous
Mortal
posted 29 September 2003 10:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
it's only $30 bucks..it's not like $100 or $200 like the new Office 2003 that's out..i'm thinking about getting the Outlook 2003 upgrade..but when i looked at the price..i rather get the AOM Titan

so in a way you're right..but in many other ways..it's only $30 bucks man.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames