You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » WCG use 1.06?
Bottom
Topic Subject:WCG use 1.06?
Lord Rivon
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 10:06 AM EDT (US)         
Just thought id throw the debate open over whether WCG should use 1.06 or 1.07. Remember this is not to be looked at from the point of view of the age community, but that of the actual wcg players. There info and debates and stuff over at wcg forums HERE

I personally think 1.07 is the way to go.

Lord Rivon
Staff at AoM Revolution The Revolution has begun!
ESO: IX_LordRivon
4th at wcg.au 2003
AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 10:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I don't think the WCG would be very interesting with 70% of the civ choices being Set.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Germ_
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 11:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
1.07 is definitely the way to go. I'm surprised that Hope won the US finals with only using thor and isis, because those danged set players were all over the place. I was a US finalist too (although I couldnt make it to the finals because of the date change), and I would have to say that set is just way too overpowered for competetive gaming with the 1.06 patch. Lol, this also means that all the people who were planning on using set to win would have like 2 weeks to rethink their strategy before the world finals, which just gives the non-set players an advantage anyways.

Go Hope!!!!

Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 01 October 2003 11:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
1.06 should be used, the players qualified with 1.06 and therefore they should be using it at Korea.
Lord Rivon
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 09:02 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
In the rules it says that any patches before 30th will be used. 1.07 was on the 29th...

Lord Rivon
4th at wcg.au 2003
Fobulous
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 09:12 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
yes but they can all switch to Isis and still win.
Lord Rivon
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 01:43 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Isis isnt OP

Lord Rivon
4th at wcg.au 2003
GaryPayton
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 09:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
The main problem is patch 1.07 is the most bugged so far, this 0.0.0.0 LAN problem makes it totaly impossible to use 1.07 in Korea since it's an off-line tournament without any internet access. Not even if they wanted to use 1.07 they would be able to.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames