You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch 1.07 has ruined pre-patch recorded games.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch 1.07 has ruined pre-patch recorded games.
Sulphent
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 04:44 PM EDT (US)         
I checked an expert rec and he had lots of idle villagers, he didn't even advance to classical in the 30 minutes or so that he was playing, also the opposition was that same, weird. Also two icons popped up in the icon information box in the bottom menu. One was called "generic corpse" and had a little linear icon and all stats were 0, the other icon looked like runestones and didn't have a name but had all stats as 0 too. I took screenshots of each.

I guess other people have come across something like this?

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
AuthorReplies:
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 05:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
Its just a bug you encounter once in a while.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Sulphent
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 05:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
This hasn't happened before with my rec games and it affects all the rec games but only since i got 1.07.

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 05:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
Nobody else has complained about this till now, so I don't know then/

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Sulphent
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 05:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
I found this fairly previous topic - http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,15420,30,10 maybe it's the same thing?

ES_Xemu
Immortal
posted 01 October 2003 05:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
No, sadly this is a new problem we introduced in 1.07 (argh). The good news is that it shouldn't affect any newly made record games. The bad news, of course, is that you can't watch them with 1.06.

If you still have the 1.06 executable (or you uninstall and install the 1.06 manual patch) those record games should still work. If you then just make a copy of that executable, you can patch to 1.07 as normal.

Sulphent
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 05:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
Is there no other option to look at the old recs other then using patch 6? Will it be fixed in the future along with the other bugs?

Also what is this generic corpse?

[This message has been edited by Sulphent (edited 10-01-2003 @ 05:54 PM).]

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 01 October 2003 05:55 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
I think that 1.07 is the last patch for AoM (not TT)

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
Sulphent
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 05:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
I think it was planned to be, but there seems to be a lot of bugs so maybe they'll make a patch 1.07b or something.

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 01 October 2003 06:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
True, afterall it shouldn't be that big in size.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
Matei
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 06:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
Yes, they said they're working to fix the bugs 1.07 created.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Sulphent
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 06:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
It shouldn't be long i don't think for the bugs to be removed, probably only a few days, but that's what i'm assuming.

ES_Xemu
Immortal
posted 01 October 2003 07:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
Yeah, I definitely want to try and fix this, but unfortunately releasing a patch is a complex process -- we really do spend a lot of time in QA for each patch if even sometimes we get blindsided by some things as you can tell...

Once we found the problem it didn't take me long to track it down in the code, but the process is not quite as simple as just recompiling it and posting it.

Sulphent
Mortal
posted 01 October 2003 08:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
Well as long as you know about the situation that's fine

GaryPayton
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 00:40 AM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
This looks to be a system problem of how patching works... ES makes a new patch and even though they test as much as they can one or another bug is not caught by the QA team so the community gets angry cause with the new patch they have some problems and they cannot play since in order to play on the official server they need to be with the latest patch.

What if somehow instead of replacing the old patch with the new one the old executables were kept somewhere in the game directory so that you could pick to play with an specific patch version? At least by IP this could be a good workaround when new bugs are found in the latest patch.

PlatinumKnight
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 02:25 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
I finally get the [pg]fire vs L_Clan_Pi WCG game and it stop working. I was so mad. I am glad to find out that I am not the only one having this probleom. I hope ES fixes this soon. I should be getting Ttans in the mail tommorow, so it reall dont matter that much.
Fobulous
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 03:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
too bad my friend doesn't work for ES anymore..he was the QA for the initial AOM :P

edit to add: weird thing is i just watched PG_Fire vs CDT3 game and the record played flawlessly...strange since i'm sure it's a pre 1.07 game

[This message has been edited by Fobulous (edited 10-02-2003 @ 04:36 PM).]

Sulphent
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 06:26 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
Some games are more drastic then others, on one game i saw there was only the odd villager.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames