You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » My Opinion on the Titans
Bottom
Topic Subject:My Opinion on the Titans
dragons89
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 10:29 AM EDT (US)         
Haven't been here in a while

Well, after playing the Titans a bit, I think that it is sort of a disappointment. I'm not talking about the Atlanteans; I think they're great. The campaign's good enough as well, and the scenario editor's improved, and the Titans add a nice twist to late game strategy.

But the original civilisations have barely been touched at all. Sure, they each get 2 new technologies and the titan, as well as some balance changes, but apart from that, they're the same. If you're playing the Norse, for example, you're going to play the same way as you always have. There are no new units for you to build, no new minor gods, no new age for you to advance, and not even new bonuses for the gods. If you don't plan on playing the Atlanteans or using the scenario editor extensively, there's almost no reason to buy the Titans. I'm sure many people are multiplayer-only people who like to stick to one civilisation...Well, the only reason they'd buy TT is for the titan or to play against the Atlanteans. You play the Greeks almost exactly the same way in both the expansion and in AoM.

These were just my 2 cents, and please feel free to add comments.
(I think that was my first ever disappointed-in-what-ES-did post)

Give me money, and I might feel generous enough to say something kind.
--My The Ultimate AOK Guide--
--My The Ultimate AOM Guide
AuthorReplies:
SeaBass
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 10:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
explain to me how building a Titan with the old civs isn't a major change...

So what? They gave you a whole new civilization to use, be happy! Lets see, they could have simply upgraded the existing civs and I'd have been all for that, except that 3 more God's means more variety in opponents on ESO! Which, considering the dominance of Norse, is a good thing!

Cheers!

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.
mummy9011
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 11:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
don't worry. people will play old civs again after a month or two.
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 11:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       

People are already starting with their old civs especially for rated.

As for they not having been touched, I guess the more you screw around the more problems might emerge, moreover the present changes are quite good.

More than civ changes, the Titans brings some gameplay changes to the game which would be more fun.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
CokaCola_KiD
Banned
posted 02 October 2003 11:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Correct me if im wrong but I have this feeling that alanitans are going to be way overpowered, im working on some strats for mp right now. I think im going to play Alantus for a while.
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 11:35 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
They aren't overpowered. Sure, it all sounds good, but they do require a good amount of micromanagement.

A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
CokaCola_KiD
Banned
posted 02 October 2003 11:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Like Set it takes some microing, maybe not as much. I just notice how uber the econ is once you hit heroic. The horse archers make for some nice rading, thats a real plus.
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 11:39 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       

When you will compare the econ with other players, it is almost the same and remember the 25 villie limit for Atlanteans.

In classical, although Turma's are nice for raiding, they will die against RC and Hipps and Spearmen.

If you think they are OP, get on MP and play some games.

alpine
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 11:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Each civ now gets a free myth unit every new age. That's a big change right there for the old civs. Not to mention all the differing numbers for indiviual units, a few new techs and not to mention a Titan.

ESO Name: Commodus
Coming soon to a theater near you...
Matei
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 12:48 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
I'd say being able to build TC's in Classical is a pretty drastic change for all civs, but I agree that new units for each one would've been very nice.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
SirTank
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 12:51 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
To me the biggest reason to buy the Titans is the ESO improvements.
MiNdWaRp
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 01:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Yeah the new ESO is SOOOO much smoother.
Phronetic_WannaB
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 02:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Man, if they'd give more points for victory and less of a loss when playing Random Gods, that would encourage ..... yada yada.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames