You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Is aom going to become all myth and no human units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is aom going to become all myth and no human units
boarface
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 02:19 PM EDT (US)         
before vannilla AOM was released we were told that myth units are mere support units but now it seems that there numbers in battle are going to be equel to that of human units due to their reduced cost in gold food wood and favor like the argus mythic MU for instance wich costs 250 food and 25 favor wich is 50 MORE FOOD AND 5 MORE THAN THE VALKYRIES CLASSICAL IN VANNILA AOM
AuthorReplies:
ArtemisChimera
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 02:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Isn't it a good thing? This is Age of Mythology after all.

I for one am extremely glad that MUs will be used more.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Rating - 1662
Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 02:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
MUs are awesome, I like to see alot of them out of the battlefield. Before, the battles were just a bit too much like AoK; mainly human soldiers duking it out, whereas players spent alot of their favor on fortresses and techs.

I link to see lots of MUs, but it won't be quite so fun if there were ever more MUs than soldiers.
I dunno, I think a 3-1 ratio in favor of human soldiers sounds pretty good, not sure what the current ratio is.

El Moppo
Mortal
(id: C J)
posted 02 October 2003 02:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
almost equal amounts of MU's and Humans should be right, or even in some cases, if the player wants, an all myth battle.

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
God of War
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Doesn't happen. Think about it. While favor generation is a bit faster it's not even close to how fast you can gather normal resources and you have a limit of 100. If you're in any real battle you are not going to be able to make much more than 5 myth units at a time. Anyone that thinks that Myth units are more than support is in for a rude awakening when they play anyone that's any good. You will see quite a few more, but it will be to the tune of building maybe 10 or 12 myth units over the course of a 25 minute game instead of 2 or 3.
aom dude
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
the atlanteans can easily build a lot of MUs but those are mostly very weak. The stronger MUs still cost to much favor to mass them. From what I have seen so far the ratio seems correct.

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames