You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Little test i have made on Atlantian villigers
Bottom
Topic Subject:Little test i have made on Atlantian villigers
Almojo
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 03:21 PM EDT (US)         
Settings: I paused the game tasked 10 viiligers to gather from 10 farms then i unpased, first i did the test with no techs what so ever and then with Husbendry. The test was done in classical age.

Without Husbendry : 4522 Food in 5 mins
With Husbendry: 4528 Food in 5 mins

Husbendry has no effect on Atlantian villigers, unlike other villigers who have to drop of there res Atlantians do not so there is no need for them to cary more.

AuthorReplies:
NIB
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Husbandry is almost useless for atlanteans. Only thing it does for them is fatten their herdables(cows/goats). Nothing else. Maybe ES should make it cheaper or give a special atlantean husbandry that does something more cause otherwise is a completely useless tech for the atlanteans.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

MiNdWaRp
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
None of the increased carry capacity techs affect atlanteans. Staff of Dionysus is worthless for atlanteans, since they don't carry resources.

Husbandry fattens animals faster and also increases the speed of gather from them (like hunting dogs, only for herdables instead of boar). Thats the only reason to research it, if you have alot of herdables, otherwise it is useless.

Meto
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
did you do only 1 test of each?

you should try more like 5 or 10, sine it could be that on the first test they didn't walk nearly as much (for some reason) and the second they went to the corner of the farm each time to gather.

but still there should be some difference to measure if it had any effect.

but due to not needing drop of points, the atlantean vils would be much more effective in later ages compared to other vils if the ressource tech gave full bonus.
think about it, with wood, other vils have to go and drop of res. so a 10% increase in gather rate is actually just 5 % increase in gathered res when you count them up after drop off, while the atlantean would get the full 10% or very close (he has to walk from 1 tree to another after the first i depleted)

edit/
None of the increased carry capacity techs affect atlanteans. Staff of Dionysus is worthless for atlanteans, since they don't carry resources.

Smile to the world, it will think you are up to something

ESO playstyle: casual
ESO Name: MeToAgain, and 2 other names which im not telling you about:P

[This message has been edited by Meto (edited 10-02-2003 @ 04:28 PM).]

Almojo
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 06:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Meto - Even if they all walked to the corner of the farm its not going to make that a big of a diffrence. Atalntians collect diffrently when they reach 3 or 5 they drop of the res so its like a constend flow of res were as other villigers drop them by the 15 or 20.
Socvazius
CEO
(id: Angel Socrateius)
posted 02 October 2003 08:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
That's really interesting, sometimes little things like that aren't thought of in the middle of the game. Nice to know that, I'll be sure not to get Husbandry any time soon with the Atlanteans

Angel Socvazius | Chief Executive Officer, HeavenGames LLC
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!"
HeavenGames | Join the Facebook Group | The HG Blog
Soccy's Periodic Obsession: ROFLCon
MiNdWaRp
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 01:19 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Its still useful on a map like oasis, its just become more map-dependent like hunting dogs, it definitely will be researched alot less. I'd probably get it if I need to milk more food out of my herdables or if they're already fattened, I get the food from em 30% faster.
SeaBass
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 10:35 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Thanks for mentioning this, the same thing came to mind for me after my 3rd or 4th game using Atlanteans, researching husbandy early in each game.

Hunting dogs seems to be a much more prudent choice with them.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames