You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Poll: Atlanteans overpowered?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Poll: Atlanteans overpowered?
donato
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:07 PM EDT (US)         
I think the Atlanteans are a little overpowered at this point. What is your take?
AuthorReplies:
CountErfeit
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
word

(+1 agree)

ArtemisChimera
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
The only reason that people think the Atlanteans are overpowered is because they're new. We don't know how to play with them, or against them properly yet. Anyone (except ES people ) who says otherwise is lying.

Just give a bit of time.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Rating - 1662
Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

goodbaby
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
I think they are.But maybe it's only me.
anyway I will use atlanteans.So whatever
Matei
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
The game has been out for 3 days. How can you decide?

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
AA Tyrael
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
I think so too....

Theyr units barack/counter barack combo is way too good :\

You basically need 2 baracks(and later if u dont go for fanatics a third one and 1 counter barack and ur set for classical warfare(because chieroballista is builded super fast and u need like 4-5 to counter large amounts of enemy infantry... wich means building advantage over Greek civilazation.

Fanatic seems way too good and will totally dominate egyptians(2x vs infantry/2x vs cavalary champion fanatic normal dmg=17!)....so unless there are some altering on the bonuses of axeman etc vs fanatics...(campaign had only 1 mission against egys and i couldnt really tell)
Egy only counter would be Charriot archers.

Guess it sounds fair but
Btw beast slayer Tech for greeks is awesome :\

Zeus's Myrmidons counter pretty much everything :P
(Gastraphetes an Hetaroi are nice too but nowhere near
myrmidons playfield :\

Neway... i ll have to try it online to see the effect of atlantians :P(till now i played only campaign and vs AI)

[This message has been edited by AA Tyrael (edited 10-02-2003 @ 05:04 PM).]

EEX_ZzSpookayzZ
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 07:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
Whiners.

Game out for 2 days and already you're complaining about balance problems.

Meteora
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 07:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
Holy crap! I thought it would take a week before the first overpowered post would come out. I gave you guys too much credit.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
AA Tyrael
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 09:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
OK dude

Wait to see the Fast mythic of isis

Lets see u in a game when u have to counter Prosperity-Eclipse-Ancestors-Meteor PLUS Fast titan

Then we see who's gonna whine or not

[This message has been edited by AA Tyrael (edited 10-02-2003 @ 09:53 PM).]

AA Tyrael
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 09:55 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
Or the Fast mythic Titan+mass chierobalista combo
Halimedes
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 09:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
A week, Meteora? These types of posts have been coming out since the x-pack was announced.
Mark_Aurel
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 10:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
Always nice to see the opinion of clueless rooks - opinions being formulated too quick, with too little info, and absolutely too little generic RTS knowledge to even be able to pinpoint the actual potential problem areas, at a point where barely any good players even play the game yet.

ES spent a year designing, crunching and testing stuff. I have a little more faith in them than that a random newb will be able to tell Atlanteans are too good within three days. If there are imbalances, I expect them to be relatively small in the scope of things - even the Set imbalance was relatively small compared to imbalances in previous RTS games, and it took a long time before that even took off properly.

If you're going to say

Quote:

I think the Atlanteans are a little overpowered at this point. What is your take?

That is absolutely stupid, without any reason given, no facts are supplied, no logic to support what you're saying - in short, you're making an empty statement, which is entirely typical of the rookie mindset.

If you think the Atlanteans are too good, at least tell us _why_ you think that is so. Otherwise, you just made an extremely stupid and trollish post.

petachoks
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 10:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
Guys would you calm down. This post says about posting your thoughts. No one is saying they are overpowered, people are saying that they predict they will be overpowered, and that's a huge difference!!! So calm down.
iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 10:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
they don't look like predictions to me...
moroni
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 11:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
The way I see it, this all comes down to simple Cartesian philosophy. Donato is a so called "evil genius." He knows that if he posts a one-liner such as "Atlantians are overpowered," or "ES screwed this one up big time" that all you intelligent gamers(though ignorant of Donato's devices) out there will post 50 and 100 word replies analyzing the "absurd" comment with such lines as "this is stupid" or "this is an unproductive thread," etc. Don't you see- Out of little he creates much. He is creating a vortex of ever expanding chaos that forces us to waste our talents to quench his lust for a hectic world. It is this chaos that is the midnight snack of evil geniuses like Donato. Don't be taken in... just thought you should be aware
donato
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 00:41 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
lol. Some of you guys take yourself waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
SeaBass
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 00:52 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
Playing Atlanteans feels like playing WarCraft to me...

That being said, I LOVE the new civilization! Sooo many new things to try out and basically it's gonna be hard to get used to the old civs after playing Atlanteans for awhile. Like the Huns from AoC, building houses became even more of a chore when you went back to the normal civs. So to will it be with the Atlanteans.

Peace

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.
Duskofdead
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 02:02 AM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
The game being out for such a short time is PROOF that Atlanteans are overpowered... most people are finding that experienced strategies with the older civs result in defeat against people with 1 or 2 days experience with Atlanteans. That speaks volumes, I think. It'll only get worse as people get BETTER using Atlanteans.

I don't think it takes months of gameplay experience to recognize imbalance when a civ someone's been playing for 1 day beats a civ you've been playing for 6 weeks.

ArtemisChimera
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 02:45 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
Even though they a different type of military, units, GPs, economy, bonuses etc etc???

Even the top players in the World aren't going to be able to know how to counter the Atlanteans straight away. Give it time....

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Rating - 1662
Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

Lord Haart
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 03:41 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
Also remember that old civs have been changed, so some of the old strats may no longer work.
signalfires
Mortal
posted 03 October 2003 04:39 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20       

Quoted from Matei:

The game has been out for 3 days. How can you decide?

*STRONGLY AGREES*

s i g n a l f i r e s
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames