You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » New AI Names?
Bottom
Topic Subject:New AI Names?
TheEliteMyrmidon
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 04:57 PM EDT (US)         
Does anyone know if ES decided to keep all of the old AI names from Vanilla AOM, and can anyone tell me all of the new AI names and if the xml file is still editable so I can place in my own names?

ESO: MurmilloKing
AuthorReplies:
Orange County
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 05:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
vanilla aom??

Specs: AMD64 3200+, 1GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT, 400GB HD

Feel the power!

Halimedes
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 05:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
AoM w/o The Titans
Captn_Kidd
Immortal
posted 02 October 2003 07:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
The AI personalities from AoM aren't available under the XPack. They absolutely don't understand the Atlantean units and many of the game changes.

The XML file setup is still the same, so you can create new ones if you want. To make a new AI, create a copy of one of the loader files, and refer to that in your XML file.

You'll see some control variables (starting with a "cv" prefix) that can be changed in the loader file to make them behave differently. All the cv variables have a valid range from -1.0 to +1.0. For more info, look at the file named aomxaicv.xs.

x_Scarface_x
Mortal
posted 02 October 2003 11:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Ill just take this as an opportunity to say the new AI personalities are great.Even though they can be ver ydumb sometimes it's a big improvement and very enjoyable to play.

~*S c a r f a c E*~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames