You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.35 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » The Trebuchet
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Trebuchet
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 13 October 2001 07:17 PM EDT (US)         
In AoK, castles were almost invincible. You could send a few rams or a mass of infantry, but if your enemy had it well defended the castle's arrows would easily decide the battle.

The only thing that kept AoK from becoming trench warfare was the trebuchet, a unit that outranged everything and took down buildings more quickly than anything. To balance the game, they made trebs very expensive and added that whole pack/unpack thing.

So here's my question: what will be the "trebuchet" of AoM, the unit that force players out of their entrenched positions? Will it be the god powers? What will the Egyptians do if their hero dies?

AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 16 October 2001 05:25 AM EDT (US)     31 / 35       
Seeing as MU's and that crap are going to be focal to the game, I'd assume therefore you make your temple nice and big and impressive, yes? Much more logical to see a Frost Giant appear out of a 50 metre high structure than a glorified tent with some columns on the sides.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 16 October 2001 05:30 AM EDT (US)     32 / 35       
IMO, they'll make the Greek temple look like an historical Greek temple, with the columns and all of that. http://web.kyoto-inet.or.jp/org/orion/eng/hst/greek.html

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
simwiz2
Mortal
posted 16 October 2001 07:56 AM EDT (US)     33 / 35       
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------
Now as the Wall-Gates and Siege balance stands in AOK, one can easily get so defensive that no matter come what may, u can totaly wall your civ. I wont even mention the USELESSNESS of every non-siege unit against the fortefied walls, the only purpose they fulfill are to irritate the opponent with the continous "PO PO!"(Warning Siren).
---------------------------------------------------------

I would harldy consider paladins useless against defenses, all you need is one hole in the wall or gate (4-5 petards could do this instantly) and then the pals rush in and destory everything. it only takes 15 pals to take down a fully upgraded byz castle, do you call that useless? An amry of 100 or more pals could lay waste to almost any defenese, because they have so much pierce armor and hp they just swarm the towers and castles. in that way, they can be a lot like elelphants, only a lot faster. also, i will admit that most NON-SIEGE units are not the best thing against defenses, thats why they have SIEGE in the first place

ArrangedEarth
Mortal
posted 16 October 2001 02:31 PM EDT (US)     34 / 35       
Greek Fortress

Greek Temple

A . R . R . A . N . G . E . D . E . A . R . T . H
Emp Constantine
Mortal
posted 16 October 2001 04:24 PM EDT (US)     35 / 35       
i think Trebs were ncie but all in all they took away from some of the fighting. It was fairly easy to make and army of archers or some other great defensive unit and then use a few trebs to knock out everything of value. I don't mind it and it's still fun but maybe they're trying to make it have more close quarters fighting by requiring you to have a giant or some other unit walk up to the castle to smash it to pieces.

--We are not retreating. We are simply advancing in another direction.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.
--Sir Winston Churchill

"We are not retreating. We are simply advancing in another direction"
--Gen. Douglas MacArthur

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames