You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Towers and Walls
Bottom
Topic Subject:Towers and Walls
richard_kim52
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 01:41 AM EDT (US)         
About a week ago, I posted this in the AoM Wishlist:

Quote:
Can towers be built 'on top' of walls? Because in AoK and TC the gates could be built 'over' the walls but you couldn't do that with towers. A compromise I tried in AoK was I could leave a gap for a tower in my wall, but then you get those ugly square things at the ends of the walls.

ES, I know it's only an aesthetic thing, but can you please say something about this???

[This message has been edited by richard_kim52 (edited 10-14-2001 @ 01:43 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Serge L
Mortal
posted 14 October 2001 04:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Well, I don't know about AOM, but in AOK you can built the walls, then demolish one section, then put the tower in it. If you demolish the chosen section before it's built, your stone loss is none to minimal (not exactly sure about that).
This way you will have no "ugly square thing".

Yours Sincerely
S. L.

Winner of Kolovrat's following prizes on History Forum:

• Royal Science Award
  • Title of Prince of Second Royal Quiz
  • TheShadowDawn
    Mortal
    posted 14 October 2001 05:03 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
    But that's a bit resource intensive just to make a tower look cool.

I don't see anything wrong with the idea.

TheShdwDwn
    If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
    martini
    Mortal
    posted 14 October 2001 06:49 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
    I think, that in AoM it will be the same then in AoK, becouse in this screenshot: http://www.hyperlink.cz/mythology/056.jpg is the towers built behind the wall, no in it, so, it can be buil same as in AoK.
    simwiz2
    Mortal
    posted 14 October 2001 10:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
    why would you want towers in yopur walls? I was much happier to put them behind, since they were protected. Lets put it this way: if the opponent was sending a bunch of EWE's or Siege Rams at your walls, would you want them to have to break thru a 3000 hp fortified wall, and THEN kill the towers, or just start out smashing the 2750 hp (at most, if you have actually researched a bunch of techs) towers?
    SoR_Anarchy
    Mortal
    posted 14 October 2001 04:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
    No need for this.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames